Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The new alien cult?

Cygnus05

The page admin's response to someone's question on the Facebook page:

They apparently reproduce without males? I think that dashes the hopes of a lot of men in this thread. :o

Source ? Facebook ? Hopes of Men ? Nah ! ITs all in the way you Look at anything !

The Facebook page has a quote of Neil degrasse Tyson...does he believe too? He's like the next Carl Sagan.

Am I correct in saying Carl Sagan didn't believe UFOs were extraterrestrial space crafts? If so, how can Tyson support this theory?

Am I correct in saying Carl Sagan didn't believe UFOs were extraterrestrial space crafts? If so, how can Tyson support this theory?

I've heard of Sagan, not sure what his stance was on aliens though. He was the original host of Cosmos.

The Facebook page has a quote of Neil degrasse Tyson...does he believe too? He's like the next Carl Sagan.

Did you read the Neil deGrasse Tyson quote?

It's starts off with "If they're up there..." Note the first word is "IF" and the lack of reference to anything to do with the return of ancient alien women who reproduce without men...

I've heard of Sagan, not sure what his stance was on aliens though. He was the original host of Cosmos.

He made his stance pretty clear in "The Demon Haunted World"
  • Like 1

He was firmly against UFO's being extraterrestrial. He said on Cosmos that no one on Earth would be more excited if they were extraterrestrial but there wasn't any scientific proof.

According to the Source that Knows All,

Sagan had some interest in UFO reports from at least August 3, 1952, when he wrote a letter to U.S. Secretary of State Dean Acheson to ask how the United States would respond if flying saucers turned out to be extraterrestrial.[7]:51–52 He later had several conversations on the subject in 1964 with Jacques Vallée.[82] Though quite skeptical of any extraordinary answer to the UFO question, Sagan thought scientists should study the phenomenon, at least because there was widespread public interest in UFO reports.

but he doesn't seem to have had any personal experience.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_sagan#Sagan_and_UFOs

What did he experience?

Several decades of astronomy studying the universe and spending more time looking at the night sky than any of us.

• Like 1

I figured, if he was "firmly against UFO's being extraterrestrial".

Actually he hoped more than anyone that UFO's were extraterrestrial but no evidence supported his hope.

• Like 1

Correct, just like all UFO experiences.

That's wrong, but I know you'll deny it, so we'll leave it at that.

HAHA really? You can explain them all ?

Correct, just like all UFO experiences.

Sorry, are you saying that there are no UFo experiences that can't be explained? :unsure:

He's welcome to start with mine, but he'll end up flat on his face, like the rest who've tried to explain it away.

They can all be explained, but not all of them can be explained WELL or believably ;)

Yes.

Would you like to tell some of the people on this forum, indeed in this very thread, what it was they saw then?

Would you like to tell some of the people on this forum, indeed in this very thread, what it was they saw then?

Sure. The past sixty years of UFO investigation has shown that people misinterpret explainable things. I have been fooled more than once but have been lucky to have found explanations for the incredible things I have seen.

There has been no evidence that supports people's claims that they have seen extraterrestrial spacecraft.

Sure. The past sixty years of UFO investigation has shown that people misinterpret explainable things. I have been fooled more than once but have been lucky to have found explanations for the incredible things I have seen.

There has been no evidence that supports people's claims that they have seen extraterrestrial spacecraft.

Yep , well I've never seen a Bigfoot or a Yeti, but there must be some about,too many people have described them,and not everyone elaborates the truth.