Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does God Love Himself Much More Than Us?

The_Spirit_of_Truth

After I have got to know Supergod a bit (for the uninformed, he is the God of all the Gods that exist within the closed reality we all live in), I have also come to an idea of how much he loves himself and us people (I could feel it when I was him during the experience of the connection of one of his Is with my self). My large opinion of it is within an article that I have attached to this post.

Self-Love.pdf

To say my opinion very & too simply, God-like spiritual beings are perfect, they do not need the love of others and they love themselves more than they love other, especially lower creatures. Do you agree?

oh my goodness you got me thinking... me head!!!

I think it's obvious that the majority of most claimed gods love themselves more than us. Though they seem to have an almost contradictory fragile ego given their apparent narcissism, they get very upset if you don't love them as much as they love themselves, and threaten violence unless you do.

• Like 2

The "god" you refer to might love himself more than anything, but my God (i.e., the one true God, I Am) loves me/us infinitely more than Himself. I know this because: (1) the Bible tells me so and if that's not good enough, (2) He sent His son to die on the cross so we may have everlasting life with Him in heaven. So, if you have a god that loves himself more than you, you're with the wrong "god". Visit a church and talk it over with a Pastor, he'll be able to help you out.

• Like 2

After I have got to know Supergod a bit (for the uninformed, he is the God of all the Gods that exist within the closed reality we all live in), I have also come to an idea of how much he loves himself and us people (I could feel it when I was him during the experience of the connection of one of his Is with my self). My large opinion of it is within an article that I have attached to this post.

Self-Love.pdf

To say my opinion very & too simply, God-like spiritual beings are perfect, they do not need the love of others and they love themselves more than they love other, especially lower creatures. Do you agree?

No, I don't think I can agree. I see all of us more as dreams of 'him', making all of us 'him', and the need for division only necessary for our personal dreams here, not relevant to the reality of it all.

If I can believe that Love is God, and we are dreams of God learning itself, does Love love itself more than itself? The question would become nonsense.

Just one view.

• Like 2

I got as far as "the need to love someone else is a disorder". I think of God as the "original mind" or consciousness. He made us in his image so the desire we have to be with and love others comes from his desire to do the same. What if it all started because he simply was lonely? The universe(s) are a really big place...

• Like 1

That depends. If we were created to glorify this god (as many say - others say to 'bask' in the glory) then I guess god loves him/herself.

Jesus, it's kinda' awkward writing about god because constant clarification is needed otherwise it'll just be assumed I'm talking about the default (That would be Yahweh).

Honestly, emotions are a weakness because they can cloud our judgement when they spin out of control so if there is a god and it's supposed to be all powerful and perfect, I doubt it would wallow in feeling sorry, or feeling love - it would just do things I guess, for curiosities sake more than anything.

A lobotomy will make you have the expression "God Who?"

• Like 1

I find it bizarre that the creator of a universe with more black holes than there have ever been people people would have any human traits at all.

• Like 1

I got as far as "the need to love someone else is a disorder". I think of God as the "original mind" or consciousness. He made us in his image so the desire we have to be with and love others comes from his desire to do the same. What if it all started because he simply was lonely? The universe(s) are a really big place...

This image of God as a lonely, vulnerable being alone with its dreams isn't at all a popular one, but it's one I find romantic and most realistic, seeing as I am lonely and vulnerable, too.

• Like 2

Honestly, emotions are a weakness because they can cloud our judgement when they spin out of control so if there is a god and it's supposed to be all powerful and perfect, I doubt it would wallow in feeling sorry, or feeling love - it would just do things I guess, for curiosities sake more than anything.

Who says a creator needs to be perfect, without weakness? What if your creator was an emotion, and was a weakness?

I find it bizarre that the creator of a universe with more black holes than there have ever been people people would have any human traits at all.

If one accepts that humanity IS created then the concept of infinity of scale could just as easily be attached to consciousness. IOW if something has the ability to create all those black holes (and everything else) what would stop it from having an infinite number of attributes?

The Old Testament god is definitely in love with himself. Whenever the little humans disappoint him, he lets them have it.

• Like 1

If one accepts that humanity IS created then the concept of infinity of scale could just as easily be attached to consciousness. IOW if something has the ability to create all those black holes (and everything else) what would stop it from having an infinite number of attributes?

Humanity is evolved, not created.

If God has an infinite number of attributes then you have to accept that it has infinite Hatred as well.

• Like 1

Humanity is evolved, not created.

So has TV, but it was created.

• Like 3

So has TV, but it was created.

Yes but we have evidence of TVs creation. Point me to compelling evidence for the "creation" of man.

• Like 2

Yes but we have evidence of TVs creation. Point me to compelling evidence for the "creation" of man.

I don't think I need to convince anyone of anything, as I myself don't know. But I can still point out that evolution of a thing doesn't necessarily mean it is free from possibly being originally, intentionally fabricated.

• Like 2

I don't think I need to convince anyone of anything, as I myself don't know. But I can still point out that evolution of a thing doesn't necessarily mean it is free from possibly being originally, intentionally fabricated.

Fair enough. I thought you were positing creation as fact.

What we can discern from the fact of evolution is that it's an incredibly cruel way to make a human. Cruelty does not fit into any definition of the word love that I'm aware of. In fact I'd say that it's the antithesis.

What we can discern from the fact of evolution is that it's an incredibly cruel way to make a human. Cruelty does not fit into any definition of the word love that I'm aware of. In fact I'd say that it's the antithesis.

So if one believes in a Creator one must also believe that this entity is hateful based on his means of bring us to life? Based on what? The struggles our ancestors went through to reach the physical form they take today? Since you cannot really conceive of what it must take to actually create such an unbelievably complex thing as a human body, how can you say that? I don't pretend to have answers about evolution but I firmly believe that beyond the reality we can measure of natural selection, NO proof exists that something so complex simply "fell together" over millennia and became more complex rather than less. I think entropy speaks against that doesn't it? I'm no biologist OR physicist but it doesn't take more than a basic course in biology or physiology to understand how delicate and complex the inter related systems are to know that they didn't just occur randomly. Those who worship a god of science should simply be truthful about it rather than looking down the nose at those who refuse to. In the end it's simply another individual choice we make. As they tell us in this modern world - there is no right or wrong - correct?
  • Like 2

The "god" you refer to might love himself more than anything, but my God (i.e., the one true God, I Am) loves me/us infinitely more than Himself. I know this because: (1) the Bible tells me so and if that's not good enough, (2) He sent His son to die on the cross so we may have everlasting life with Him in heaven. So, if you have a god that loves himself more than you, you're with the wrong "god". Visit a church and talk it over with a Pastor, he'll be able to help you out.

1. Where does the Bible say this?

2. Nothing to do with loving himself or not.

Your "god" is just as wrong.

So if one believes in a Creator one must also believe that this entity is hateful based on his means of bring us to life? Based on what?

That's not quite what I said. Infinite Hatred is based on the notion of God having infinite characteristics. And if God is truly infinite then why wouldn't he have all possible characteristics, not just the ones that we like? If the Old Testament is anything to go on then I think God does have a capacity for hate and if God is infinite so is his hatred.

The struggles our ancestors went through to reach the physical form they take today? Since you cannot really conceive of what it must take to actually create such an unbelievably complex thing as a human body, how can you say that? I don't pretend to have answers about evolution but I firmly believe that beyond the reality we can measure of natural selection, NO proof exists that something so complex simply "fell together" over millennia and became more complex rather than less. I think entropy speaks against that doesn't it? I'm no biologist OR physicist but it doesn't take more than a basic course in biology or physiology to understand how delicate and complex the inter related systems are to know that they didn't just occur randomly.

That's an argument from ignorance. You don't know what I can and cannot conceive, and vice versa. I can quite easily conceive of a less advanced life form evolving into a more advanced one via natural selection. Yes there are unsolved problems with the origin of life, but the picture we have managed to put together is quite amazing. As for Thermodynamics, life doesn't violate the conservation of energy at all. In fact it seems to support the idea that when conditions are right, self replicating proteins will inevitably emerge as a result of the laws of physics, and from there natural selection comes into play.

https://www.simonsfoundation.org/quanta/20140122-a-new-physics-theory-of-life/

So please don't confuse your own lack of knowledge on the subject as the boundary of possibility. I certainly don't.

Those who worship a god of science should simply be truthful about it rather than looking down the nose at those who refuse to. In the end it's simply another individual choice we make. As they tell us in this modern world - there is no right or wrong - correct?

I have no need for worship. I have reverence for the power of natural laws and all the wonderful things it produces. The same laws that produce humanity also produced the Grand Canyon, millions of beautiful spiral galaxies and flowers. And if I have anything like religion in my life it is a love of those things that redeem humanity, music and literature.

And no, there is right and wrong. It's merely a matter of non-believers using different criteria for what constitutes right and wrong. I tend to base right and wrong on what alleviates human suffering and promotes prosperity. You base it on different criteria. Either way it has always been subjective.

• Like 1

That's not quite what I said. Infinite Hatred is based on the notion of God having infinite characteristics. And if God is truly infinite then why wouldn't he have all possible characteristics, not just the ones that we like? If the Old Testament is anything to go on then I think God does have a capacity for hate and if God is infinite so is his hatred.

That's an argument from ignorance. You don't know what I can and cannot conceive, and vice versa. I can quite easily conceive of a less advanced life form evolving into a more advanced one via natural selection. Yes there are unsolved problems with the origin of life, but the picture we have managed to put together is quite amazing. As for Thermodynamics, life doesn't violate the conservation of energy at all. In fact it seems to support the idea that when conditions are right, self replicating proteins will inevitably emerge as a result of the laws of physics, and from there natural selection comes into play.

https://www.simonsfo...theory-of-life/

So please don't confuse your own lack of knowledge on the subject as the boundary of possibility. I certainly don't.

I have no need for worship. I have reverence for the power of natural laws and all the wonderful things it produces. The same laws that produce humanity also produced the Grand Canyon, millions of beautiful spiral galaxies and flowers. And if I have anything like religion in my life it is a love of those things that redeem humanity, music and literature.

And no, there is right and wrong. It's merely a matter of non-believers using different criteria for what constitutes right and wrong. I tend to base right and wrong on what alleviates human suffering and promotes prosperity. You base it on different criteria. Either way it has always been subjective.

Call it what you will but if you base your faith on the very creation of life on only observable or quantifiable principles then you revere science over all else. Your choice. You are correct - I AM ignorant of much. But just because you have a better grasp of how these systems work does NOT mean you understand what it takes to create them initially.
  • Like 1

silly question. don't care.

I can see why many would feel so. But to his credit I think the OP assumed those who would respond actually did believe in the premise of a God to begin with.
  • Like 1