Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

You tell me....

After snapping this photo,

sany0045-12-e1394093330509.jpg

I heard a mysterious sound just after snapping the picture, which was

usually followed by a raising cloud of vapor, just seconds later I took

this second photo.

sany0076-12-e1394093161567.jpg

HOWEVER, WHAT I DIDN'T EXPECT TO SEE WAS THE SPECK TO THE LEFT OF THE

MOON, UPON ZOOMING IN UPON IT, I CAN'T TELL EXACTLY WHAT IT IS...

a1156aa.jpg

ANY SUGGESTIONS ?

• Like 1

A fly/or flying bug

• Like 3

Bird or Bat.

Wait for Chrlz to chime in, he will be able to narrow it down.

• Like 2

well.. lets start with the first pic..

that is the moon during the day time..

the moon phase for that date of the pic was waning gibbous .. and funny enough.. what does a waning gibbous moon look like..

lunar_phase_18.jpg

pic no 2..

cloud cover is all that is.. though technically you are correct in saying it was water vapor.. but its cloud..

and no 3

yes.. as seeder has already said.. its a bug..

After snapping this photo,

sany0045-12-e1394093330509.jpg

this second photo.

sany0076-12-e1394093161567.jpg

HOWEVER, WHAT I DIDN'T EXPECT TO SEE WAS THE SPECK TO THE LEFT OF THE

MOON, UPON ZOOMING IN UPON IT, I CAN'T TELL EXACTLY WHAT IT IS...

a1156aa.jpg

ANY SUGGESTIONS ?

• Like 2

No, *you* tell us...

How about some information - what type of camera/phone was this? Where and when (time and verify the date, please)? Is that the full resolution image taken directly off the device? If so, why has it been stripped of exif data?

Anyways, neither image is very sharp and they don't have sufficient resolution to identify the object in the second. The light object is obviously the Moon, in the first photo it is over-exposed and looks a little sharper than in the second, perhaps due to what appear to be high thin clouds, and the 'thing' seems to be a little sharper, but again, that's probably the clouds fuzzing out the moon (apologies for such technical jargon ;)). Trouble is, at that resolution and with such awful over-sharpening (that's why the thing has that 'halo' around it - it is the camera boosting contrast).. it's really hard to make head nor tail out of it. My best guess is an insect about a foot or so away from the camera, but it could equally be a bird/bat/black frisbee.....

I'd also have to ask why you waited two one and a half years to bring this up, and what on earth are you talking about when you say you "heard a mysterious sound just after snapping the picture, which was usually followed by a raising cloud of vapor". Why didn't you describe the sound? What is it that you say is "usually followed" by the cloud of vapour? Is that some vague reference to jet contrails causing cirrus clouds?

Here's what the thing (and the moon) look like PROPERLY enlarged:

post-95887-0-51824300-1394100665_thumb.j

Eeeurgh. You can see that the quality of the image has been completely compromised by jpeg artefacting, which has caused the rather ridiculous pattern of corrupted pixels surrounding the object. Enlarging such a poor quality and highly compressed image is a complete waste of time.

PS - I just took a look at the blog from whence this came, and I think I may regret putting any time into this one... :D

Edited - changed 'two' to 'one and a half' after realising it was probably one of them silly USA dates with the month first..

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 8

A seagull doing do do's maybe???

Nah, lets go all out here's, its one of them darn UFO's....heh

I heard a mysterious sound just after snapping the picture, which was usually followed by a raising cloud of vapor, just seconds later I took this second photo.

You can use the wording "electro-fog" here. Means a lot but explains nothing. :yes: :lol:

HOWEVER, WHAT I DIDN'T EXPECT TO SEE WAS THE SPECK TO THE LEFT

OF THE MOON, UPON ZOOMING IN UPON IT, I CAN'T TELL EXACTLY WHAT IT IS...ANY SUGGESTIONS ?

To progress the analysis we can exclude the following fact by a high likelihood: the object is not a by extraterrestrial intelligent

beings developed, produced and operated interstellar spacecraft, having life support systems, able to operate in various kinds

of atmospheres and with various levels of gravitation, having engine systems those allow to manage a trip over a distance of light

years and back, cruising in the earths atmosphere.

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

No, *you* tell us...

How about some information - what type of camera/phone was this? Where and when (time and verify the date, please)? Is that the full resolution image taken directly off the device? If so, why has it been stripped of exif data?

It was taken on a Sanyo X1200. They were both take around 7:30 am, just a matter of a few seconds apart from each other on October, 4, 2012.

No sure if this is the exif data you wanted to know but the exp rate was 1/825 sec [1600 x 1200] [f/5.9][iSO-576][Exp bias 0 step]

The picture of the moon in the morning sky was just a side though, to be perfectly candid, my presumption has always been that it has been altered.

I was taking pictures of my property in regards to some dumping that was occurring by a neighbor on the vacant lot I had purchased several months earlier and sat adjacent to my residence. In particular, the imaginary easement the city was asserting on the back 20 foot of my property that was allowing access to that area and the neighbor's insistence that he had permission from the City. While I downloaded the pictures on my computer, I didn't actually go in to resize them until days later. Say what you will, the dang thing kinda looks like it could be a UFO yet I have always considered it to be the result of someone hacking into my computer and altering the photo.

Trouble is, at that resolution and with such awful over-sharpening (that's why the thing has that 'halo' around it - it is the camera boosting contrast).. it's really hard to make head nor tail out of it. My best guess is an insect about a foot or so away from the camera, but it could equally be a bird/bat/black frisbee.....

I'd also have to ask why you waited two years to bring this up, and what on earth are you talking about when you say you "heard a mysterious sound just after snapping the picture, which was usually followed by a raising cloud of vapor". Why didn't you describe the sound? What is it that you say is "usually followed" by the cloud of vapour? Is that some vague reference to jet contrails causing cirrus clouds?

If the object is merely a foot or so away, why is it behind the clouds? As far as the sound, can't really describe it. However, the vapor in the photo was that which was raising from the ground, being the reason I took the second picture. Since this area in is the region of the Barnett-Shale, although they are prohibited from drilling this area I wondered too if it was just a natural vent from the pressure of the fracking 10 to 15 miles away.

Here's what the thing (and the moon) look like PROPERLY enlarged:

post-95887-0-51824300-1394100665_thumb.j

Eeeurgh. You can see that the quality of the image has been completely compromised by jpeg artefacting, which has caused the rather ridiculous pattern of corrupted pixels surrounding the object. Enlarging such a poor quality and highly compressed image is a complete waste of time.

lightbender-e1394102060363.jpg

Edited by 029b10
  • Like 1

[/size][/font][/size]

You can use the wording "electro-fog" here. Means a lot but explains nothing. :yes: :lol:

[/size]

To progress the analysis we can exclude the following fact by a high likelihood: the object is not a by extraterrestrial intelligent

beings developed, produced and operated interstellar spacecraft, having life support systems, able to operate in various kinds

of atmospheres and with various levels of gravitation, having engine systems those allow to manage a trip over a distance of light

years and back, cruising in the earths atmosphere.

Looks like a Lightbender III to me, but you're right those have been obsolete for a millennium. After all, to actually believe that an object can become invisible by bending the light around itself is pure science fiction...What next, the white is the heat being reflected off the it heat shield as it enters the atmosphere

Edited by 029b10
  • Like 1

Klingons when coming out of cloaking!!

LOL, no wonder the world was going to hell in a hand basket....

But reminds me of a good song by Billy Thorpe

Edited by 029b10
  • Like 1

this second photo.

Usually? So it happens other times?
  • Like 2

If the object is merely a foot or so away, why is it behind the clouds?

It does not appear to be behind any clouds.

Looks like a Lightbender III to me, but you're right those have been obsolete for a millennium. After all, to actually believe that an object can become invisible by bending the light around itself is pure science fiction...What next, the white is the heat being reflected off the it heat shield as it enters the atmosphere

What is a Lightbender III ?

• Like 1

Looks like a bird to me. Possibly a turkey vulture, judging by the dark body.

If you used a camera that uses a digital zoom rather than an optical zoom then the image will inevitably be warped when you try to enlarge it. I have a digital camera (not a good quality though) and this is what happens.

Anyways..looks like a bird.

• Like 1

It does not appear to be behind any clouds.

Look at the photo in post # 11, [my interest is not to prove it is or isn't anything] yet the hue of the clouds seem to me at least appear to be before the object, albeit mostly towards the right side of the image. But I can see that it that could go either way. Yet if only a few feet away from the camera it would seem there would have been a greater contrast.

• Like 1

this second photo.

Something suspicious about that underlined text there. Hmmm..

This guy is obviously trolling.

You asked for suggestions yet when we tell you it is just a bug, bird or even just a glider then you go on and on about mysterious "vapors" and stuff. On top of that you try to tell us what objects do or whatever so I am just wondering exactly why you posted this to begin with. Seems to me that you are not really after viewpoints but rather just wanted your own opinion to be validated.

Clouds are not just some flat thing that is always behind ab object, they are three dimensional things that appear even just a couple hundred feet off the ground so any object or flying animal can pass through it.

All I see is a bird.

Why did the moon fade out and where did those clouds come from in a couple of seconds?