Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seeder

UFO filmed over Vancouver

6 posts in this topic

Ah you know all we ever se in UFO vids is blobs or glowing blobs, Im getting ever more disillusioned with the subject :no:

Triple-camera imaging platform documents stunning UFO over Vancouver

A new video published to YouTube on March 1, 2014, documents a stunning UFO incident recorded by one local astronomer’s triple-camera array from the deck of a Yaletown apartment in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

Former skeptic now leading local UFO videographer Charles Lamoureux custom-engineered what he calls his “Skywatchers Mobile Unit” (SMU) imaging platform while anticipating nights with clear skies filled with mysterious objects.

According to the witness, the UFO shown pulsating in the video during its initially slow-moving descent over West Vancouver’s Cypress Mountain was not anticipated by online satellite tracking applications, including Heavens-Above. The incident reportedly occurred at 8:44 p.m. PST on the night of Friday, February 28, 2014.

http://www.examiner.com/article/triple-camera-imaging-platform-documents-stunning-ufo-over-vancouver

Funnily enough, looking on his channel he caught this one a year ago

1 person likes this

That was cool.But it seemed to be getting closer as he filmed it...at one point i was thinking; is this thing going to come right to him?Really good video.Wonder what it was?

Most strange,I wouldn't like to say what that is.It does seem to be slowly descending.It would be interesting to know how he knows its not a flare.I'm a bit puzzled at the fact he says its turning,when it doesn't seem to in my eyes.

Funnily enough, looking on his channel he caught this one a year ago

Yeah it does seem convenient that the video cuts away to a different part when the light in question gets closer. My guess is the poster really enjoyed the results of his older video & decided to reproduce it in a different location.

Some years ago, when I watched the night sky on a regular basis, I use to see some of those lights. At first, they look like satellites, but then they do things that a satellite could not do, like change directions, backtrack or stop and stay stationary for several seconds. I have no idea what they are, but they are intriguing to watch.

In this case, I think it's well worth reading the accompanying article before commenting. The guy uses an array of cameras that have different characteristics. That's why the quality and viewpoint switches all throughout the clip.

Even though it's still difficult to figure out what this could be, this guy is on the right track with a camera array instead of a single one to try and record these events.

Special effects wizard Douglas Trumbull (2001, CE3K, Blade Runner, etc) has also created his own array to do something similar. But he had a budget of a few million dollars to do so. Therefore, his array is a bit more sophisticated...

http://douglastrumbull.com/videos

However, to the best of my knowledge, he hasn't succeeded in catching anything conclusive yet. Maybe he should take his rig to Vancouver ?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Actually seeder in the first video there are two years. One sighting in 2011 ( you can see the date yelow in colour) and another one in red in 2014.

The video is inconclusive. Might have been easier a helicopter with searching lights on....

Edited by qxcontinuum