Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atomic Blast in Ancient India

trancelikestate

"Radiation still so intense, the area is highly dangerous. A heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India, covers a three-square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur. Scientists are investigating the site, where a housing development was being built. For some time it has been established that there is a very high rate of birth defects and cancer in the area under construction. The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators' gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region. Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people. One researcher estimates that the nuclear bomb used was about the size of the ones dropped on Japan in 1945.

The Mahabharata clearly describes a catastrophic blast that rocked the continent.

"A single projectile charged with all the power in the Universe…An incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as 10,000 suns, rose in all its splendor…it was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes an entire race.

"The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. Their hair and nails fell out, pottery broke without any apparent cause, and the birds turned white.

"After a few hours, all foodstuffs were infected. To escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves into the river."

Source (and more about the topic)

• Like 4

if that is true, than .. omg .. the question is who ? maybe the monkey king really did exist with his awesome powers ''dragon ball z'' heheheh

very very interesting ! could and astroid or comet do that ?

"Radiation still so intense, the area is highly dangerous. A heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India, covers a three-square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur. Scientists are investigating the site, where a housing development was being built. For some time it has been established that there is a very high rate of birth defects and cancer in the area under construction. The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators' gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region. Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people. One researcher estimates that the nuclear bomb used was about the size of the ones dropped on Japan in 1945.

The Mahabharata clearly describes a catastrophic blast that rocked the continent.

"A single projectile charged with all the power in the Universe…An incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as 10,000 suns, rose in all its splendor…it was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes an entire race.

"The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. Their hair and nails fell out, pottery broke without any apparent cause, and the birds turned white.

"After a few hours, all foodstuffs were infected. To escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves into the river."

There was no atomic explosion 8000 - 12000 years ago. But there are natural explanations as well as modern explanations for radioactivity to show up in and around Rajasthan, India as Harte has shown countless times:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=91808&st=30#entry1627262

cormac

• Like 5

Cormac and jaylemurph, how dare you! How are coherent counterarguments and real-world evidence supposed to help?

Goodness, it kind of surprises me how this misguided story just won't die. What, are they blabbering about it on Ancient Aliens again?

• Like 6

Cormac and jaylemurph, how dare you! How are coherent counterarguments and real-world evidence supposed to help?

Goodness, it kind of surprises me how this misguided story just won't die. What, are they blabbering about it on Ancient Aliens again?

Willfull ignorance never does, it just gets recycled unfortunately.

cormac

• Like 1

If real could have been a comet that crashed

NYUCK! NYUCK! NYUCK! :w00t:

• Like 1

Now, now lets not get snippy... because we all know it was Godzilla.

• Like 7

Doing this on my phone and hope link works

This Is a youtube video called ancient Aliens debunked.

Its a very good listen and covers the op. Also debunks it and debunks many other topics

• Like 4

There has been an atomic blast in India:

1 in 1975

5 in 1998

Though im not sure i would call it ancient times :tu:

• Like 3

would this have something to do with acient aliens / what the myans said that there were people before us

You've spent too much time on the internet love.

• Like 6

There was no atomic explosion 8000 - 12000 years ago. But there are natural explanations as well as modern explanations for radioactivity to show up in and around Rajasthan, India as Harte has shown countless times:

http://www.unexplain...30#entry1627262

cormac

Harte really slam dunked that one...

This should have been a dead giveaway. How could a ten thousand year old nuke blast zone still be so "intensely radioactive?" I mean, both Hiroshima and Nagasaki are today thriving cities.And the radiation from their bombings is practically nonexistent, only sixty years later.

The logic is very clear... The radiation detected was not from a nuclear bomb.

• Like 1

The results of the measurement of natural radioactivity in soil collected from various locations of three districts of Rajasthan state using the gamma spectrometry technique are presented. The data on calculated and measured values of outdoor air absorbed dose rates due to terrestrial gamma radiation at each location are also discussed. It has been observed that the concentrations of the natural radionuclides viz., 40K, 226Ra and 232Th in the soils vary from 50 to 137 Bq.kg-1, from 30 to 78 Bq.kg-1 and from 43 to 106 Bq.kg-1 respectively. It has also been observed that on average, the outdoor terrestrial gamma air absorbed dose rate is about 6.7 x 10-8Gy.h-1 for the three districts and the corresponding outdoor annual effective dose of 8.2 x 10-5 Sv. Weak correlations have been observed between the concentration of 40K and that of 226Ra and 232Th.

• Radiation Protection Dosimetry

They have also found traces of natural radioactivity in the Malwa region of Punjab, Tehran, Jordan...I think I am missing a couple too.

• Like 1

The results of the measurement of natural radioactivity in soil collected from various locations of three districts of Rajasthan state using the gamma spectrometry technique are presented. The data on calculated and measured values of outdoor air absorbed dose rates due to terrestrial gamma radiation at each location are also discussed. It has been observed that the concentrations of the natural radionuclides viz., 40K, 226Ra and 232Th in the soils vary from 50 to 137 Bq.kg-1, from 30 to 78 Bq.kg-1 and from 43 to 106 Bq.kg-1 respectively. It has also been observed that on average, the outdoor terrestrial gamma air absorbed dose rate is about 6.7 x 10-8Gy.h-1 for the three districts and the corresponding outdoor annual effective dose of 8.2 x 10-5 Sv. Weak correlations have been observed between the concentration of 40K and that of 226Ra and 232Th.

They have also found traces of natural radioactivity in the Malwa region of Punjab, Tehran, Jordan...I think I am missing a couple too.

Man I'm so lost when it comes to all of this, haha! And I suck at math too. I just read all that and cocked my head to the side in confusion.

You're very smart though and it's great how you know all that. I'm lost with words right now on what to say.

• Like 1

I think you forgot somekind of link/resource. Since all that is not common knowledge. :tu:

Thorium and Radium huh? Well, Thorium is actually a fairly common element found around the world. And naturally has a half life in billions of years. It decays into Radon. Thorium that comes from the decay of heavier radioactive elements have half lives measured in single digit years.

Thorium 232 = Natural = No atom bomb

Radium 226 = Natural = No atom bomb

I think it is impossible to have nuclear fission, like in a traditional nuclear weapon and have elemental products with atomic numbers higher then 150, so Th232 and Ra226 should be right out. If they occurred it would be in amounts too small to detect.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 3

"A single projectile charged with all the power in the Universe…

Does the individual stating this, truly understand the magnitude of what he is saying here? Here is an example of something very powerful, on a much smaller scale than the quoted statement above...

I think you forgot somekind of link/resource. Since all that is not common knowledge. :tu:

http://rpd.oxfordjou...ontent/63/3/207

Another study....

"Assessment of natural radioactivity levels and associated dose rates in soil samples from Northern Rajasthan, India."

"The measured activity concentration of (226)Ra and (40)K in soil was higher and for (232)Th was lower than the worldwide range. Radium equivalent activities were calculated for the soil samples to assess the radiation hazards arising due to the use of these soils in the construction of buildings. The calculated average radium equivalent activity was 205±20 Bq kg(-1), which is less than the recommended limit of 370 Bq kg(-1) by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23943368

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

I see the words "Atomic Blast" in the title and not one single mention of Fallout, Mad Max or at the very least A Boy and his Dog?

I feel cheated. We need to hurry up and start a nuclear war because I want to live in a post-apocalyptic world.

Incidentally, an atomic blast is hardly "charged with the power of the entire universe".

At best it's a man big bang.

• Like 1

Incidentally, an atomic blast is hardly "charged with the power of the entire universe".

At best it's a man big bang.

But this was supposed to be an alien nuke.......photon torpedoes and that sort of thing.

• Like 2

Your quote cannot be found in ANY ancient vedic text. Here's the original source, which was rewritten by David Hatcher Childress years ago, taken from an earlier rewrite by Charles Berlitz, which he got from an even older French pseudohistorical confabulation:

Vaishampayana said: "While the Vrishnis and the Andhakas were thus endeavouring (to avoid the impending calamity), the embodied form of Time (death) every day wandered about their houses. He looked like a man of terrible and fierce aspect. Of bald head, he was black and of tawny complexion. Sometimes he was seen by the Vrishnis as he peered into their houses. The mighty bowmen among the Vrishnis shot hundreds and thousands of shafts at him, but none of these succeeded in piercing him, for he was none else than the Destroyer of all creatures. Day by day strong winds blew, and many were the evil omens that arose, awful and foreboding the destruction of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas. The streets swarmed with rats and mice. Earthen pots showed cracks or broke from no apparent cause. At night, the rats and mice ate away the hair and nails of slumbering men. Sarikas chirped, sitting within the houses of the Vrishnis. The noise made by those birds ceased not for even a short while by day or by night. The Sarashas were heard to imitate the hooting of the owl, and goats imitated the cries, O Bharata, of jackals. Many birds appeared, impelled by Death, that were pale of complexion but that had legs red of hue. Pigeons were seen to always disport in the houses of the Vrishnis. Asses were born of kine, and elephants of mules. Cats were born of b****es, and mouse of the mongoose. The Vrishnis, committing sinful acts, were not seen to feel any shame. They showed disregard for Brahmanas and the Pitris and the deities, They insulted and humiliated their preceptors and seniors. Only Rama and Janardana acted differently. Wives deceived their husbands, and husbands deceived their wives. Fires, when ignited, cast their flames towards the left. Sometimes they threw out flames whose splendour was blue and red. The Sun, whether when rising or setting over the city, seemed to be surrounded by headless trunks of human form. In cook rooms, upon food that was clean and well-boiled, were seen, when it was served out for eating, innumerable worms of diverse kinds. When Brahmanas, receiving gifts, blessed the day or the hour (fixed for this or that undertaking) or when high-souled men were engaged in silent recitations, the heavy tread was heard of innumerable men running about, but no one could be seen to whom the sound of such tread could be ascribed. The constellations were repeatedly seen to be struck by the planets. None amongst the Yadavas could, however, obtain a sight of the constellation of his birth. When the Panchajanya was blown in their houses, asses of dissonant and awful voice brayed aloud from every direction. "Beholding these signs that indicated the perverse course of Time, and seeing that the day of the new moon coincided with the thirteenth (and the fourteenth) lunation, Hrishikesa, summoning the Yadavas, said unto them these words: ‘The fourteenth lunation has been made the fifteenth by Rahu once more. Such a day had happened at the time of the great battle of the Bharatas. It has once more appeared, it seems, for our destruction.’ "The slayer of Keshi, Janardana, thinking upon the omens that Time showed, understood that the thirty-sixth year had come, and that what Gandhari, burning with grief on account of the death of her sons, and deprived of all her kinsmen, had said was about to transpire. ‘The present is exactly similar to that time when Yudhishthira noted at such awful omens when the two armies had been arrayed in order of battle.’ Vasudeva, having said so, endeavoured to bring about those occurrences which would make Gandhari’s words true. That chastiser of foes commanded the Vrishnis to make a pilgrimage to some sacred water. The messengers forthwith proclaimed at the command of Keshava that the Vrishnis should make a journey to the sea-coast for bathing in the sacred waters of the ocean."

Mahabharata, Book 16: Mausala Parva, Section 2.

I've taken the liberty of bolding the part that was ripped off and rewritten. The underlined parts? Well, I just did that for my own enjoyment.

Emphases are provided for those (and you know who you are) that simply don't want to see what a joke this whole thing is.

Not that I think you are one of these. Not yet, at least. :w00t:

Oh, and there's a damn good reason they need to know what background radiation levels are in Rajasthan:

In another serious incident a reprocessing plant at Tarapur was closed down due to contamination. It is reported that at least three persons died in the ‘inert’ chamber inside and more than 3,000 workers have been exposed to non-permissible doses of radiation. The Madras Atomic Power Station Unit-1 at Kalpakkam was reported to have suffered an explosion soon after it was commissioned in July 1984. The Rajasthan Atomic Power Station Unit-1 had to be shut down. More than 2,000 workers were exposed to excess radiation and 300 had to be hospitalized.

SNIP

This is a story told to Surendra Gadekar. One day in Narora a worker with a geiger counter went to take tea in the canteen. His geiger counter suddenly went crazy. On investigating he found that the radioactivity was coming from the fire used for preparing the tea. Further investigation led to the discovery that the wood being burnt had originally been used for scaffolding inside the plant, and had got contaminated and hence should have been stored as low-level waste. Instead it had been sold to a contractor, who had fortunately sold it back to the canteen: hence this sordid practice of how the establishment deals with its waste was detected. - See more at: http://newint.org/fe...h.MkBVl7Rl.dpuf

Harte

• Like 3