Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Orbs

phoenix523

I don't watch much tv, but I'm one heck of a reader. Any recommendations for books? I like doing read arounds because of the multiple sources and perspectives. Instead of a debate, maybe we could learn from one another. I'm always interested in adding to my body of knowledge.

I think ChrLzs has some great recommendations and after reading that excerpt I also think it is time for me to dig out my dusty copy and read it to my infinitely inqusiitive son.

• Like 1

I'll get a hard copy or ebook of Cosmos. I've read some Sagan, but it's been so long I can't remember what.

• Like 2

Im happy to have a good discussion on this but like the beanie said.. its not something I care greatly about either. To me they are orbs, so what, they are a little interesting (hence why they got my interest up enough to start taking photos of them, which I do at times when Im bored or just in the mood)..but that's about it.. I havent tried to go into a trance and talk to them or anything like that (i just dont care enough to be doing that).

I'm curious - those who have seen orbs and regard them as spiritual or non-explainable - have you tried to apply any type of methodology to work out what they are, or to record them?

Thou I cant say that I do certainly know what these orbs are, I already do have my beliefs Im what I think they are, I believe the ones I call orbs are spirits of some kind. Ive come to that belief that they are conscious things due to how Ive experienced them. They've responded to things Ive said so that has stopped me from thinking of them as being non conscious things.

Indeed, I'd ask anyone saying they see these things regularly, have you tried anything to determine exactly what it is you might be seeing?

I only rarely subconsciously see the ones I call the orbs with my eyes.. I also rarely can sense them too. It's far easier for me to get photos of them, so that is how Ive mostly studied them... seeing if they will position thereselves where Ive asked for a photo etc etc (anyway, Ive done various experiements with camera).

When I see them with my eyes.. its usually quite fast.. I see them for a moment usually right in front of me and then I've lost the sight of them (my clairvoyant sight dropped out??). Ive never seen one go throu a wall due to that. I can see things like this day or night when it occurs.

I dont just see these orbs.. I see other things too (trees sharing energy, air prana, earth prana, the first auric layer of people..each thing has its different way it presents) and those things I can see at will at times (so I guess if I tried hard enough to tune in psychically, I may well see the orbs too at will but I cant bothered, maybe one day I'll put more effort into learning more about them).

I note that some others are seeing these orbs in colour, I myself dont. I see them as hazy balls of white misty light. Im aware of why Im probably not seeing them in colour, its cause my psychic colour perception isnt good either and hence when I see, its hard for me to see auric layers or the colours too (occassionally I can get green hues and violet in auras but me seeing other colours are rare). So yeah that is why I dont see these orbs in colour (thou not long ago I did see one with a blueish hue).

So anyone..another may be seeing exactly what I are but seeing it in colour unlike me.

I'd be even more happy to hear your own thoughts on how you might go about this. By thinking about it in depth, you might even solve your own mystery!

Sounds like people here are assuming that those who occassionally see these things by sight think of it as in terms of mystery. Well I dont, as I said I think I may already know what they are.. umm well not exactly, I do not know what kinds of spirits they are!! (but then who cares.. Im not chatting to orbs).

] Surely one of the first steps in uncovering a mystery is gaining a good knowledge of what mundane things (like the workings of cameras/your eye/brain) can cause this effect.[/b] You need to be able to recognise what are NOT unexplained orbs... If anyone still thinks that the ones shown photographically in this thread are spiritual, then maybe they aren't that keen.

If one observes these things are conscious things like I have.. that rules out a lot!! What things does one have left?

Edited by sea-dove

This morning i opened my eyes and saw (faintly) a pentagram on the side of the small dresser that's next to the bed.

Sometimes if i wake up while having been asleep on my back i see these strange grid lines on the ceiling.

What does it all mean?

Eyes are awake, brain, not so much.

When a person first awakes.. or when starting to drift to sleep, one can get hypnagogic images. This sounds like what you were seeing.

ChrLzs, I appreciate your approach. I've done some reading & research around orbs, there's not much literature out there.

They seem to be of different sizes & colors.
Because of the variety of locations and sizes and types and environments,.

Beany.. Knowledge of what the various things we can see is passed down in certainly mystery schools esp in ones where clairvoyance is also taught. Its not usually stuff one can find it books but this stuff has been studied and the what things are is known in the mystery schools. In their teachings Ive learnt about some of the things which may be seen which are out there (and also seen it myself).

There's two types of energy things around us which I can see and what I believe they are (with some help of some teachings).. tell me if you can see either of these (I assume you probably could fairly easily seeing you can see orbs which I find far harder to see). Anyway these are most easy to see if outside esp on a bright day with the blue sky background thou can be seen anywhere.

The first type I know.. the one I most easily see (look in the air in front of you.. eyes very relaxed or use your clairvoyance) ..is these round globules of about 2 millimetre in size. These globules if you see them, you will notice they have a darker colour in the centre of them (well to my eyes.. I dont see the colour but see like a denser area there, its different in centre). These are slow moving..just gently floating and do not seem to have consciousness. These I think are earth prana/energy gobules as it matches drawings Ive seen done of that by my teacher. (very very rarely Ive seen a black one of these which had also lost its nice round shape).

The other kind I can see .. is like sparks.. its all around us..very bright .. moves very fast (3 times speed of the other kind) and will be moving in all directions quickly. This doesnt seem to have its own consciousness. I believe this one may be air prana/energy (based on being told that is smaller and finer and I believe air energy moves faster then the earth energy). This is very small... (like small sparks).

I think Alice Bailey may of described some of this energy stuff too. (so her books could be checked out if anyone really interested in this stuff).

I do not know what that green stuff you saw would be.

For anyone who is about to say take photos of these ones I mentioned.. well thou I havent tried too of those, I dont think this sort of energies show up on photos..

Edited by sea-dove

So a few days ago I saw another "orb". This 1 was slightly smaller in size....Its hard to explain but Ill try. It was circular with many tiny orbs in it. It was mostly black with some red. The red glow originated in the center so the small bead like orbs in the center were more red then black. I do not see these orbs often and happens when I dont expect it to. This one was right in my face; maybe a foot away at most. It lingered slightly longer then the others then disappeared. When I think about it, I regret not having the guts to touch it. Im just suprised everytime and frozen in shock. Ok....now for the opinions and criticism! Dont worry I can take it :-) And like I said before, no mental or physical health issues, I see them with the naked eye and am completely awake. They are solid and detailed and have vibrant colors. Thanks.

• Like 1

So a few days ago I saw another "orb". This 1 was slightly smaller in size....Its hard to explain but Ill try. It was circular with many tiny orbs in it. It was mostly black with some red. The red glow originated in the center so the small bead like orbs in the center were more red then black. I do not see these orbs often and happens when I dont expect it to. This one was right in my face; maybe a foot away at most. It lingered slightly longer then the others then disappeared. When I think about it, I regret not having the guts to touch it. Im just suprised everytime and frozen in shock. Ok....now for the opinions and criticism! Dont worry I can take it :-) And like I said before, no mental or physical health issues, I see them with the naked eye and am completely awake. They are solid and detailed and have vibrant colors. Thanks.

I never thought of touching them, except for the pale green ones, which seemed to be on me, and I didn't feel anything at all. I've never seen the globules sea-dove refers to, have seen the sparky lights. And a lot of other stuff. The one that kind of freaks me out is when the air seems to kind of move in a swirly motion and starts to coalesce into a form. I really ignore that, and try to put it out of my mind and not look at it. My husband and I saw a hand of blue & green & white light floating next to our bed, he reached out and touched palm to palm, said it was warm and it was the same sensation as when you put your hand on the surface of water and push down slightly. When he pulled his hand away fine sparkles of white light flew off his fingertips. But again, another light phenomena.

I never thought of touching them, except for the pale green ones, which seemed to be on me, and I didn't feel anything at all. I've never seen the globules sea-dove refers to, have seen the sparky lights. And a lot of other stuff. The one that kind of freaks me out is when the air seems to kind of move in a swirly motion and starts to coalesce into a form. I really ignore that, and try to put it out of my mind and not look at it. My husband and I saw a hand of blue & green & white light floating next to our bed, he reached out and touched palm to palm, said it was warm and it was the same sensation as when you put your hand on the surface of water and push down slightly. When he pulled his hand away fine sparkles of white light flew off his fingertips. But again, another light phenomena.

btwThat's pretty interesting. I'm trying to tell myself not to be afraid of these things so then I can start exploring what they are if I see 1 again. I saw a fluorescent green 1 when I was about 5 years old and hadn't seen anymore till I was 34. Not sure why there's a big gap of sightings. I was reading about the pineal gland and the article gave tips as to how to decalcify it and 1 tip was to become more open minded and spiritual. Which I have through quantum physics and astronomy in the past 5 years. I never thought I would see orbs though. This recent orb looked more like a device then the other 2 that I saw in the past year; like it was some kind of solid metal but maybe because I was looking at it close up and can see the detail? I know for some, who have pointed out on this thread, that this is a boring subject. I don't mean to be rude, but then why are you bothering to post anything? To me, this is something exciting and new and just want to know other's experiences and knowledge on the subject; good and bad.

Also I think these orb sightings nay not be something new to the world. There are other, older cultures that see them often. But in the western culture they are not explained as normal or even explained at all; its taboo. So when someone does experience something like this in the western culture; others first reaction is "this person has mental/physical issues, its just dust, they are lying, etc. etc....." If there's 1 thing I learned in physics; you have to consider all the possibilities. The laws of physics that truley govern our world have not been fully discovered.

Also I think these orb sightings nay not be something new to the world. There are other, older cultures that see them often. But in the western culture they are not explained as normal or even explained at all; its taboo. So when someone does experience something like this in the western culture; others first reaction is "this person has mental/physical issues, its just dust, they are lying, etc. etc....." If there's 1 thing I learned in physics; you have to consider all the possibilities. The laws of physics that truley govern our world have not been fully discovered.

There is little doubt that 99% of the so called orbs captured in photographs are dust motes or bugs reflecting the flash in a dark environment. That has been proven and it muddies the waters because so many are imaged and so many are ardent believers that an easily explained event is a supernatural apparition.

You folks are purporting to see orbs during daylight with the naked eye, which is a completely different phenomenon than the dark room, flash photography generated orb, so you need to be fair when complaining about skeptics not believing you. The skeptics are spot on in the above events and you should support us in those cases.

So we are left with the less than 1% of reports like the one above. The one above and a few others here, can't be explained by reflected light from a flash but we have three people here, on this little forum, that are reporting these things so one can assume that many are seeing these orbs. Well, wait, we can also assume that UM draws a particular crowd so maybe we get a concentrated dose here.

Fine, it is still a relatively large number of people, right?

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

Absolutely I get the skeptics, I am one of sorts myself. However, when I'm repeatedly confronted by something, and at times with other people who witnessed the same thing, then my thinking has to shift, not from skeptic to believer, but from skeptic to opening up to the idea that the nature of reality as I believe it to be, may contain some errors.

For me, it's not so much about the phenomena, but about the shifts in thinking & perceptions. At some point I made a conscious decision to regard the events not as just entertainment & cool, but as perhaps lessons or demonstrations about the rich & complex world we live in, from which I could benefit in an emotional, psychological, and spiritual way if I applied myself as a student. The hand, though, was amazing. Assume for a moment it did appear, and stayed for about 5 minutes. What kinds of questions would then come up for you? In this case, it's not the answers, because there may not be any, but the questions themselves that are informative.

• Like 3

I understand your point of view, Merc14, and I agree with that statement. And I probably should have rewrote my statement to say I've read about older cultures seeing these orbs on a regular occasion but I don't have proof that many people see these things.

But I do think the Western culture, in general, is skeptical about these kind of events when they truley do happen to someone.

But, I guess I'm not here to convince anyone either. I just want more insight and shared experience on this.

Maybe next time when I see something like this again, if I'm brave enough, I'll explore it more.

I agree with Beany, too. Sometimes it's the questions that others ask that will give more insight.

This recent orb looked more like a device then the other 2 that I saw in the past year; like it was some kind of solid metal but maybe because I was looking at it close up and can see the detail?
I know for some, who have pointed out on this thread, that this is a boring subject. I don't mean to be rude, but then why are you bothering to post anything? To me, this is something exciting and new and just want to know other's experiences and knowledge on the subject; good and bad.

I post about my experiences with these not cause they are exciting but rather as I like to help others expand their reality as these can be seen and photographed (so my sharing isnt about orbs being really exciting but more so wanting help others open up their views on reality and experience them for themselves). They are there **shrugs** and I havent found yet a good way to really interact with them (by that I mean hold a mutual form of communication back and forth. Maybe by reading something here I will found out something new.. who knows, Im not expecting to find out anything new here but Im not an expert.

Orbs which have metal objects arent typically orbs Im used too (the orbs Im used too are the orbs which if one looks close too, appear to consist of lots of orbs hence why they dont appear to have a smooth surface)..so that metal object thing in one I did find quite interesting. I guess it just comes down to what people are used to and what people see as like a normal part of their world.

There are many reasons why people post on threads. (Also threads like this often lead to discussion on other energy things which do really interest me quite a lot due to things Im yet to form strong views on or experiment with. I have a strong interest in the energy world or whatever one wants to call it).

I like your idea of trying to touch one. Ive never thought to try that (so that is a new experiment I can try with them and will do if I see one for long enough in the same place to do it). One thing I know is that I would the pressure of the energy on my hand (as I can feel energy forms) but Im wondering if they would feel hot/cold or other as I dont know that.

The one that kind of freaks me out is when the air seems to kind of move in a swirly motion and starts to coalesce into a form. I really ignore that, and try to put it out of my mind and not look at it. My husband and I saw a hand of blue & green & white light floating next to our bed, he reached out and touched palm to palm, said it was warm and it was the same sensation as when you put your hand on the surface of water and push down slightly.

That's quite interesting experiences esp the hand one. The energy resistance you husband felt with the hand is how I feel energy things too.. each energy form thou carries its own density. (Ive found the forms can be carrying different densities for different things). The swirly energy everywhere, moving all about which can start to take up forms (and can actually take up forms).. I myself call that "the ethers" (Ive seen that too).

I developed my own theory over this ethers energy. I think it is where creation starts off. First the ether energy, then it takes up form on its plane. I dont know whether my belief is right or not but I think that if it hits a certain density.. it comes into physical creation ie how our world forms. I felt strongly that is what was going on one time when I astral projected to that level of things.

Next time something like a hand comes out of the ethers.. you not only can feel the resistance of the hand,, it is also possible to feel the quality of the energy too. I do that by lightly pinching at the energy and rubbing it between my two fingers... it will feel soft and smooth or prickly. or may feel like tiny shards of glass (may also give off an itchy feeling) or give off an icky crawling feeling on the fingers (which will make one want to run and wash ones hands) or may give a pain in the hands feel These psychic tactile feelings tells one about the actual energy of the being who's hand it is.

Edited by sea-dove

I wish I had touched that darned hand. I'm interested in your tactile experiences with energies. I work with energy a lot, being clairsentient, and I've never felt it in a tactile sense. For me, it just seems to inform me, if that makes any sense, and I listen, and usually end up translating that information into language, which can be difficult, because it doesn't come to me in language form, whatever I say is really an interpretation. If an opportunity presents itself, I can sit with someone, hold their hands, and channel that energy to them, then we're both sharing the same vision and/or information. Since they're getting it more or less directly, what's being communicated to them is much clearer than if I say blah blah blah. And at that point, I am very detached and only focus or zoom in every now & then to monitor the situation.

What I love about doing this is empowering people so they can go on and do they're own work, without having to pay somebody or set someone up as a master/teacher who holds all the power while they hold none. People can take it or leave it, make of it what they will, and I always tell them to trust their own inner knowing and intuition and follow that, not what me or anyone else says.

I'm wondering if these orbs (atleast the ones I'm seeing) have a conscious. I've seen smaller, clear orbs that obviously don't. But these may....I don't think they're "evil" in anyway because I don't get that feeling just frozen in shock when I see them. And maybe they "know" I'm shocked and that's why they disappear as to not frighten me further. After I saw the second one, the next day I spoke aloud and said I wanted to see this again and a month later I did see one. I don't know if its the same orb that's capable of changing its appearance or different lines everytime. Their behavior was similar. But of course I have no proof and am not entirely sure if they are in fact conscious. I can't connect my actions and feelings to the consciousness of these orbs with proof. And I can't entirely rule out health (mental and or physical) issues either even though I've been told I'm perfectly healthy in both. I did voluntarily go to get a psychiatric evaluation after this. I did not mention the orbs because I didn't want to be mis diagnosed as hallucinating, etc. I firmly feel that I'm not. She did say I should be a modern day philosopher, which I thought was cool. But no mental issues according to her. But how much do doctors really know? There's still mysteries about the human body itself. Anyway, I think Ill as it to come back again and forme myself to tough it and talk to it and maybe Ill find out more. Will post again when that happens

Also, I realize by not mentioning these sightings to the doctor that Im not getting a proper diagnosis. I just wanted to see if she could come up with anything by noticing anything from my responses....anxiety, depression, etc. But nothing so other then her giving me a diagnsois based on hillucinations, Im mentally healthy according to her. Also, I forgot to ask the ones who have also seen orbs, do you think the ones your seeing have a conscience? What kind of communication Does it transfer to you? Is it mind altering info or about a person or event, etc.?

I did discuss my experiences with a psychiatrist, who had a neutral response. I'm responsible, raised my family, have always held a full time job, paid the bills, don't do drugs or much alcohol, in short, there's no other behaviors in my life that indicate it is a mental health issue. I did a lot of research when these experiences started happening to me, and found references to it in non-new age literature. Some of our reactions to it are cultural, and it's easy to assume that one's culture is a standard representation of life & reality, when it may not be, especially if one comes from a dominant culture that always tends to discount the beliefs and experiences of those outside the dominant culture.

I suggest reading some books about Ifa, the spiritual tradition of West Africa, Native American and aboriginal cultures, Eastern religions and spiritual beliefs and practices, the Kaballah, charismatic Christian traditions, etc., whatever you can find that will educate and inform, and expand your world view.

• 4 weeks later...

Several years ago, I'd say around 2002,I was sitting in my living room in Lizton, IN with my bf at the time. Watching tv, son was either at my mom's or in bed… don't remember. It was late-ish. I looked to my bf who was sitting to my left on the couch (antique decorative from the 60's) and saw past him on the blinds covering the window was a large red orb. First time I had ever seen anything like it. It reminded me of one of those laser lights kids play with or cats. But it was huge! I'd say around 12" in diameter. On the closed blinds. I looked at my bf and pointed it out without saying a word. He looked, and said that looks like an orb! I had never even heard of an orb! I knew the laser was on a table across from the window, so I looked to see if it was on. It wasn't and anyway, how would it have just turned on by itself?! I looked a bit closer at it, and could see that it looked like it was twisting and turning within itself. Not like a flashlight or anything. Like smoke does. So I saw it. He saw it. Then it was gone. I looked out the window to see if I could see anyone or anything. Nothing was there… anyway, it was inside… not coming from outside shining through. There is nothing but fields to our left and a small neighborhood to our front and right. Then more fields. Pretty secluded. I never saw it again. I did, however, one night watching tv, sitting in my recliner, heard and saw out of the corner of my eye, my cup tip over slightly and slam down. My son was at my mom's, no animals. So very strange. I didn't stay long after that. Broke my lease.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one to have seen or experienced something like this.

I don't tell too many people, I'd hate to come off as crazy!

Edited by jenleland

I'd say have an eye exam. Seems the most logical first step.

Or buy a duster?

• Like 2

Or buy a duster?

Less dust floating around = less "orbs". Problem solved. Good call.

Edited by Hida Akechi
  • Like 2