Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Finding peace

markdohle

Finding peace

Inner struggle is a sign of openness to change and growth. When there is none, then it could mean deep healing after a long inner journey, or simply not caring.... or a lack of insight that is necessary for any kind of life that leads somewhere. Anywhere that is not filled with the will to power, of trying to fix and control those who are around.... be it family or the workplace in the vain attempt to find some peace.

Inner struggle is a sign that you and the Holy Spirit are at odds. When there is none, then it could mean one side has won out. Anywhere that is not filled with the will to find God, of giving up control to God, indeed experiences struggle.

• Like 1

Inner struggle is a very difficult thing to go through when it pertains to our spiritual journey. I myself go through it most of the time. This thread reminds me of what I recently read from the debated Gospel of Thomas.

Jesus said, "Everyone who seeks should continue seeking until he finds. When he finds, he will be troubled at the contemplation of Truth, but when he has passed through the time of trouble, he will be astonished at the brightness of the Light, for the Way of Truth is the Pathway to the Eternal Godhead, and the price of the beatific vision is the wringing of the soul. The person who desires to rise above all things must descend below all things, for the way to the heights passes through the depths of anguish, which generate the fires of Life. The person who has suffered and found Life is blessed."

• Like 1

Inner struggle is a sign that you and the Holy Spirit are at odds. When there is none, then it could mean one side has won out. Anywhere that is not filled with the will to find God, of giving up control to God, indeed experiences struggle.

It is a lie long journey, well it is for me. Thanks.

peace

mark

Inner struggle is a very difficult thing to go through when it pertains to our spiritual journey. I myself go through it most of the time. This thread reminds me of what I recently read from the debated Gospel of Thomas.

Jesus said, "Everyone who seeks should continue seeking until he finds. When he finds, he will be troubled at the contemplation of Truth, but when he has passed through the time of trouble, he will be astonished at the brightness of the Light, for the Way of Truth is the Pathway to the Eternal Godhead, and the price of the beatific vision is the wringing of the soul. The person who desires to rise above all things must descend below all things, for the way to the heights passes through the depths of anguish, which generate the fires of Life. The person who has suffered and found Life is blessed."

Thank you, interesting quote.

Peace

Mark

• Like 1

:clap::tsu::clap:
  • Like 2

It's been my experience that it's not a situation that causes struggle, it's our resistance to it, our wanting it to be difference or non-existence. When we move out of resistance and accept what is, then we can deal with it without struggle. "What we resist persists." My annual spiritual practice for 2013 was about this, staying out of resistance and being in acceptance. It's difficult, so difficult that it's the practice I adopted for 2014, because one year wasn't long enough for me to experience or understand the dynamics of it, or to re-train my brain. However, when I do manage to move out of resistance, all the tension & anxiety immediately go away, which led me to the conclusion stated in my first sentence.

• Like 1