Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nostradamus predicted the moon landing hoax

turbonium

I have interpreted 4 quatrains of Nostradamus, which I feel accurately predict the Apollo Moon landings will be hoaxed.

I'll start with the well-known quatrain which has commonly been interpreted as predicting the Moon landing

9 - 65

"He will come to go into the corner of Luna,"

Where he will be captured and put in a strange land:

"The unripe fruits will be the subject of great scandal,"

"Great blame, to one great praise."

This quatrain is usually interpreted as a prediction of a genuine Moon landing. But I believe it predicts a hoaxed Moon landing much more accurately.

The first two lines describe an astronaut who intends to go to the Moon, or is under that assumption. Instead, he is taken (captured) and put onto a fake Moon stage set (a strange land). It's clear that Nostradamus is making a distinction between a genuine landing and a hoaxed landing. Otherwise, "He will go into the corner of Luna" would suffice to describe a genuine landing. But it's clear that he will come to go to the Moon, and then he will be captured and put somewhere else.

The third line - the "unripe fruit" refers to the Apollo rockets, which are not advanced enough to fly astronauts to the Moon. It may have a second meaning as well. Gus Grissom - NASA's top astronaut - hung a large lemon on the side of the Apollo I capsule. This was his 'message' to the gathered media that the capsule was a "lemon", just like one may call a car that's a piece of junk, a "lemon". Grissom died in that capsule, soon afterwards, in a massive fire.

The last line - "Great blame" for the hoax (and perhaps for Grissom's death) would go to NASA, of course. The "great praise" goes to "one". That suggests the praise goes to one person. That person is - Gus Grissom. I'll explain this further with the other moon hoax quatrains .

To my knowledge, the following three quatrains have never been interpreted as predictions of a Moon landing hoax. These are my own interpretations.

An interesting point about these quatrains - they are placed together, in sequence, in Centuries. Its known that Nostradamus, as a general rule, deliberately shuffled his quatrains, so they would have no chronological order, or readily identifiable pattern. If two or more quatrains described the same event, they were placed in separate sections of Centuries. They were not grouped together.

So to have three quatrains in sequence, all describing the same event, is a rare exception to that rule. Perhaps the only example of it. I think Nostradamus had a purpose in keeping them together, as I'll explain after my interpretations.

4 - 29

The Sun hidden eclipsed by Mercury

Will be placed only second in the sky:

"Of Vulcan Hermes will be made into food,"

"The Sun will be seen pure, glowing red and golden."

The "Sun" is Apollo, the Greek Sun god. In fact, all of the Apollo astronauts wore a patch of the Sun god Apollo on their spacesuits.

Apollo (the Sun) is hidden, eclipsed by Mercury. Of course he cannot mean the actual planet Mercury, since it does not hide or eclipse the Sun.

Nostradamus is referring to the Mercury space capsule. It went into a sub-orbital flight. Apollo went into low-Earth orbit, which is slightly higher than sub-orbit. Hence, the Apollo capsule is "hidden" from view, "eclipsed" by the Mercury capsule.

The second line now makes sense:

Mercury was placed first in the sky (in sub-orbit). The Sun (Apollo) "will be placed only second in the sky" (in low-Earth orbit).

Third line:

Hermes was the messenger of the Greek gods (such as Apollo). He delivered their messages to the mortals. Hermes was also the traveler of boundaries, and the guardian/protector of all travellers. Vulcan was the Roman Sun god. "Of Vulcan Hermes will be made into food," means Hermes is burned to death.

So who is Nostradamus describing as Hermes?

Gus Grissom. The astronaut who hung a lemon on the Apollo I capsule, as noted in Quatrain 9-65. The messenger of the god Apollo. He sent messages to the mortals (the public) that NASA was hiding the truth about Apollo. He refused to keep silent, so he was burned to death (made the food of Vulcan) in the Apollo I capsule.

Fourth line:

Hermes (Grissom) now dead, the truth is kept from the public. Thus, the Sun (Apollo) will be seen pure, glowing red and golden.

To sum up:

Line 1, Apollo (the Sun) is hidden. That changes by Line 4, when Apollo becomes "seen" as pure, golden.

Grissom's death (Hermes) by fire made the public's deception possible

4 - 30

"More than eleven times the Moon will not want the Sun,"

Both raised and lowered in degree:

And put so low that one will stitch little gold:

"After famine, plague, the secret will be discovered."

The first line is simply brilliant. Exceptional.

The "Sun" is Apollo, as before. More than 11 times, the Moon ("will not want") Apollo. That is, more than eleven Apollo missions will not reach the Moon.

There were 17 Apollo missions, which explains "more than 11 times". But Apollo 11 was by far the most famous, (supposedly) putting the first man on the Moon. So Nostradamus chose the number eleven, to emphasize the specific mission recognized as the 'pinnacle of human achievement' - Apollo 11 - was also hoaxed, and did not reach the Moon.

Second line: Apollo never goes higher than Earth orbit, at varying altitudes ("degrees").

Third line: "and put so low that one will stitch little gold" Apollo is "put so low" - only into LEO, that it will "stitch little gold" - that it will not the great achievement they claim it to be.

Fourth line: Nostradamus predicts that the hoax will eventually be revealed

to the world.

4 - 31

"The Moon in the full of night over the high mountain,"

The new sage with a lone brain sees it:

"By his disciples invited to become immortal,"

"Eyes to the south. Hands to his breast, his body in the fire."

This quatrain is about Gus Grissom.

First and second lines:

Grissom "sees" the Moon. He realizes the truth is being hidden about the Apollo Moon missions.

Third line:

Grissom was chosen by NASA and his peers ("his disciples") to become famous, for all history regarded as the first man on the Moon - "to become immortal".

Fourth line:

Nostradamus describes perfectly how Grissom (and crew) were positioned in the Apollo I capsule, when they died in the fire. Grissom's charred body was still seated when they later opened up the capsule. His hands were still grasping at the safety harness strapped to his chest.

Edited by turbonium
  • Like 5

To sum up -

These 4 quatrains describe a moon landing hoax, and how Gus Grissom's death ensured that the hoax would succeed.

The 4 quatrains are extensively linked to each other, Two quatrains describe both the moon hoax and Grissom. One quatrain on the moon hoax alone, and one quatrain on Grissom alone.

As to why 3 of the 4 quatrains are in a group, while the other one is random -

The only quatrain which actually mentions a moon landing (hoax) is the one he placed at random. The other three quatrains are so vague and obscure. Without the other quatrain, they can be grouped together and nobody would realize why!

Also - the quatrains were first published in 1555. Apollo 11 (supposedly) landed on the moon in 1969. Since Apollo represents the 'Sun', he knew it couldn't be recognized for over 400 years!

Even then, he knew most people wouldn't recognize it, because most people have always believed the moon landing was genuine. If one cannot see the moon landing from the perspective of being a hoax, it cannot be deciphered. .

Great work and all that but like any other of the quatrains all the theories come after the fact, try applying it to something that as not happened yet. NAMING THE EVENT PRIOR TO IT ACTUALLY HAPPENING I MEAN GO ON I DARE YOU.

Don't you see? The most important part.has yet to unfold -the day when everyone will know the sad, awful truth - that the moon landings were hoaxed

Afaik, that hasn't happened yet.

• Like 1

I have interpreted 4 quatrains of Nostradamus, which I feel accurately predict the Apollo Moon landings will be hoaxed.

Welcome back Turbonium.

However, it'd be good if you stated known facts of the American space program correctly.

[snip]

Gus Grissom - NASA's top astronaut - hung a large lemon on the side of the Apollo I capsule. This was his 'message' to the gathered media that the capsule was a "lemon", just like one may call a car that's a piece of junk, a "lemon". Grissom died in that capsule, soon afterwards, in a massive fire.

Well, no. Grissom hung the lemon on the Command Module simulator because it was always breaking down. The lemon was for the benefit of NASA engineers and, to my knowledge, wasn't brought to the attention of the media until later. The spacecraft he died in was not the one he hung the lemon on.

[snip]

In fact, all of the Apollo astronauts wore a patch of the Sun god Apollo on their spacesuits.

No they didn't. The suits had three patches: a US flag at the top of their left arm, a NASA badge on their right breast and their mission patch on the left breast. Of all the Apollo mission patches, only Apollo 17's featured a picture of the god Apollo.

[snip]

Nostradamus is referring to the Mercury space capsule. It went into a sub-orbital flight. Apollo went into low-Earth orbit, which is slightly higher than sub-orbit. Hence, the Apollo capsule is "hidden" from view, "eclipsed" by the Mercury capsule.

No, sorry. Of the six Mercury flights, only two were sub-orbital and the other four were sub-orbital. Their orbits were very low by the standards of the International Space Station, but so were the Earth orbits of the Apollo spacecraft which went to the Moon. The other thing is that Nostradamus in his inscrutable wisdom says nothing about the Gemini missions, which were flown at higher altitudes.

[snip]

Vulcan was the Roman Sun god.

No. Vulcan was "...the god of fire, volcanoes, metal working, and the forge in Roman mythology".

[snip]

Thus, the Sun (Apollo) will be seen pure, glowing red and golden.

Who's the sun god?

[snip]

There were 17 Apollo missions...

No, there were only 15. There was no Apollo 2 or Apollo 3.

Grissom was chosen by NASA and his peers ("his disciples") to become famous, for all history regarded as the first man on the Moon - "to become immortal".

At only a very specific period of time. Given that Alan Shepard was the first American into space, and was initially given the command of the first Gemini mission, it was expected he'd be the first on the Moon too. But it was only after he was grounded in 1964 that his mantle was passed to Grissom, the second American in space. After Grissom died in 1967 there really wasn't a pre-eminent American astronaut.

And in any case, Turbonium, are you of all people seriously invoking Nostradamus in support of your claims?

• Like 9

Well, no. Grissom hung the lemon on the Command Module simulator because it was always breaking down. The lemon was for the benefit of NASA engineers and, to my knowledge, wasn't brought to the attention of the media until later. The spacecraft he died in was not the one he hung the lemon on.

He still hung a lemon, that's the point.I'm making

No they didn't. The suits had three patches: a US flag at the top of their left arm, a NASA badge on their right breast and their mission patch on the left breast. Of all the Apollo mission patches, only Apollo 17's featured a picture of the god Apollo.

Again, a moot point. It wouldn't really matter if none of them had a patch of Apollo. But one of them did, anyway..

No, sorry. Of the six Mercury flights, only two were sub-orbital and the other four were sub-orbital. Their orbits were very low by the standards of the International Space Station, but so were the Earth orbits of the Apollo spacecraft which went to the Moon. The other thing is that Nostradamus in his inscrutable wisdom says nothing about the Gemini missions, which were flown at higher altitudes.

Mercury flew in sub-orbit, and Apollo flew above it, in LEO.

And yes, Gemini also flew in sub-orbit. Do you think the fact Nostradamus failed to mention Gemini is really relevant here?

He never mentioned Sputnik either. Or any other spacecraft.

He probably chose Mercury because it works perfectly within the context of these quatrains - ie: the Sun, the Moon, and the planets

No. Vulcan was "...the god of fire, volcanoes, metal working, and the forge in Roman mythology".

Who's the sun god?

Yes, it was a typo. I meant to correct that, so it makes sense.

No, there were only 15. There was no Apollo 2 or Apollo 3.

It was still more than 11, as he said.

At only a very specific period of time. Given that Alan Shepard was the first American into space, and was initially given the command of the first Gemini mission, it was expected he'd be the first on the Moon too. But it was only after he was grounded in 1964 that his mantle was passed to Grissom, the second American in space. After Grissom died in 1967 there really wasn't a pre-eminent American astronaut.

Again, Grissom still fits in perfectly here, That's the point.

Thanks for correcting those items, though,

However, at the end of the day, it doesn't change my argument at all.

I was fairly skeptical about Nostradamus beforel I interpreted these quatrains.

I've got to admit this is more than a little bit spooky.

The thing about Nostradamus is that he is so vague, that you can pretty much use it to predict anything !

Bending the quatrains to mean what you want is confirmation bias in my view.

As far as i know, nobody has been able to use Nostradamus to accurately predict anything before it actually took place ?

• Like 9

Thanks for correcting those items, though, However, at the end of the day, it doesn't change my argument at all.

No worries. The point I wish to make, though, is that errors such as these go (rightly or wrongly) to your reliability in terms of making other arguments.

I was fairly skeptical about Nostradamus beforel I interpreted these quatrains.

I've got to admit this is more than a little bit spooky.

Maybe so. But the quatrains can only be considered accurate predictions if the Apollo missions were faked. As the quatrains themselves can't be proof of that, you still have to prove that Apollo was faked. Assuming you do so, then what you've demonstrated is that your interpretation of Nostradamus appears to support that evidence. And the problem with that (apart from proving Apollo was fake) is proving that your interpretation should be favoured over other people's interpretations.

• Like 4

I does make me wonder about it all. Or at least everything that has been publicized about the moon landings. I tend to hate the thought of what would happened somehow the entire thing was faked. That would be something I would fear to happen.

I does make me wonder about it all. Or at least everything that has been publicized about the moon landings. I tend to hate the thought of what would happened somehow the entire thing was faked. That would be something I would fear to happen.

There's certainly nothing wrong with the idea of questioning the reality of Apollo. There's a very long thread in the Conspiracies section which looks at arguments on both sides. If you have any questions about the Apollo missions you're certainly welcome to ask them there.

My view, and the view of a lot of other posters in that thread, is that the Moon landings really happened, pretty much exactly as NASA described them.

OMG i stopped reading this thread when the OP said the moon landing was a hoax....

I mean, are there still people who think it was a hoax? i mean come on. they took pictures last year of the landing site. it wasnt a hoax, there is tons of debunking the hoax-theorists.

• Like 2

OMG i stopped reading this thread when the OP said the moon landing was a hoax....

I mean, are there still people who think it was a hoax? i mean come on. they took pictures last year of the landing site. it wasnt a hoax, there is tons of debunking the hoax-theorists.

Well, Turbonium is one such person. If you go to the Moon Landing Hoax thread in the Conspiracies section, you can see and judge his arguments for yourself.

The thing about Nostradamus is that he is so vague, that you can pretty much use it to predict anything !

Bending the quatrains to mean what you want is confirmation bias in my view.

As far as i know, nobody has been able to use Nostradamus to accurately predict anything before it actually took place ?

To suggest I'm "bending" the quatrains, nothing more - well, that's your opinion.

I agree that the quatrains are cryptic, and that they seem so vague that anything could be 'predicted' with them

But it's not so, at least in this case, anyway.

These quatrains cannot be properly, legitimately interpreted in any other way...

For example..

The Sun, hidden, eclipsed by Mercury.

This 'Sun' is described as being 'placed only second in the skies' (or 'heavens').

So we know this 'Sun' is in the skies. And so is 'Mercury'.

It cannot be more clear on that.

The whole quatrain has to hold up, as well. Not just part(s) of it.

As it does here.

As all 4 of these quatrains do.

To suggest I'm "bending" the quatrains, nothing more - well, that's your opinion.

I agree that the quatrains are cryptic, and that they seem so vague that anything could be 'predicted' with them

But it's not so, at least in this case, anyway.

These quatrains cannot be properly, legitimately interpreted in any other way...

For example..

The Sun, hidden, eclipsed by Mercury.

This 'Sun' is described as being 'placed only second in the skies' (or 'heavens').

So we know this 'Sun' is in the skies. And so is 'Mercury'.

It cannot be more clear on that.

The whole quatrain has to hold up, as well. Not just part(s) of it.

As it does here.

As all 4 of these quatrains do.

While the plant Mercury is at times between the planet Earth and the Sun, Mercury cannot eclipse the Sun.

• Like 1

I think followers of Nostradamus manipulate the wording of the quatrains to whatever they want. I don't believe anything by Nostradamus.

• Like 3

Maybe so. But the quatrains can only be considered accurate predictions if the Apollo missions were faked. As the quatrains themselves can't be proof of that, you still have to prove that Apollo was faked. Assuming you do so, then what you've demonstrated is that your interpretation of Nostradamus appears to support that evidence. And the problem with that (apart from proving Apollo was fake) is proving that your interpretation should be favoured over other people's interpretations.

The quatrains describe a faked moon landing, and Grissom's fiery fate.

What else does he say?

Do you recall the 'great scandal' in one of the moon hoax quatrains?

Another quatrain describes the moon hoax as a 'secret', which is 'discovered' later on. .

A moon hoax would be a secret, which we have not 'discovered' yet, right? It would cause quite the scandal, yes? .

If that's not a perfect description for Apollo, then I'd like to know what is!!

The moon landings are considered to be true, by most people around the world. Every child is still taught that the moon landings are historical fact.

Even if I proved it was a hoax to you, it won't change anything. I can't change the scandal he predicted. You do realize that, no?

Well, Turbonium is one such person. If you go to the Moon Landing Hoax thread in the Conspiracies section, you can see and judge his arguments for yourself.

You think he'll actually read my posts, do you?

I'm glad to see he's on your side of the debate, I've got to admit......

I think followers of Nostradamus manipulate the wording of the quatrains to whatever they want. I don't believe anything by Nostradamus.

Don't bother to show any evidence. Just take your word for it!!

Yikes.

While the plant Mercury is at times between the planet Earth and the Sun, Mercury cannot eclipse the Sun.

Yes, that's correct. Mercury cannot eclipse the Sun.

You haven't read my interpretations, in which I go over this point.

To recap - the Sun isn't meant to be the actual Sun. Nor is Mercury meant to be the actual planet, Mercury.

He says the Sun is hidden, and is eclipsed by Mercury, and is placed only second in the skies/heavens.

They are both in the skies/heavens, like the real Sun / Mercury. So now...

What would be called a Sun that is in the skies/heavens, but would not be the actual Sun? A symbolic Sun, perhaps?

Apollo is the Sun (or Sun god) in Greek mythology. NASA's Apollo was in the skies/heavens...

Mercury makes sense now.

And so on...

Wait, wasn't the Mercury project eclipsed by the Apollo project, not the other way around? I mean, we didn't even accomplish any firsts with Mercury. The Apollo flights pretty much ended the Space Race.

Wait, wasn't the Mercury project eclipsed by the Apollo project, not the other way around? I mean, we didn't even accomplish any firsts with Mercury. The Apollo flights pretty much ended the Space Race.

Apollo flew in LEO, while Mercury flew in near Earth orbit.

So Mercury was below Apollo.

Thus, Apollo was eclipsed by Mercury.

Mercury went from 1959 to 1963, Apollo from 1963 to 1972. How could they eclipse when they didn't even overlap?

• Like 1

Nosty said the Sun, which is Apollo, was put "only second" in the skies/heavens. Mercury,eclipses Apollo - so Mercury was first and Apollo was (only) second (in the skies/heavens).

In the very next quatrain, he confirms this.

"More than 11 times, the Moon will not want the Sun"

More than 11 times, the Moon will not want Apollo.

More than 11 Apollo missions will not reach the Moon.

There were more than 11 Apollo missions, as he said.

He could have said 'more than 10 times, for a nice, round number. Or, he could have said 15(?) times - the total number of Apollo missions.

Without doubt, the most significant number associated with Apollo.is...the number 11.

Apollo 11.

It makes perfect sense.

And he also says Apollo (the Sun) is put so low it is not much of an achievement. It confirms the previous quatrain, where Apollo is placed "only second in the skies/heavens'.... . .

. .