Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flat mountain tops

Kaj

You can rule it out because Daniken is a convicted fraud, a known liar and has been known to manufacture his own evidence. What they have aren't science and calling them theories is just insulting. They are cons to sell books to people who are ignorant of the topic at hand. It is not narrow minded to dismiss demonstrably false nonsense or meaningless conjecture.

Is everything he said fraud because of what he was convicted for?

and Lloyd Pye then? Is he a fraud too?

So you are an expert then and everyone that has a different opinion is an ignorant?

Nice.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kaj

• Abramelin

• Diebytheflyguy

• TheSearcher

I've caught parts of the recent history channel special on chariots of the Gods others have mentioned. He's still making the same old claims that the nazca figures can only be seen from the air, yet others here have stated they can be viewed from nearby mountains. Who's right? (I didn't watch enough of it to see if they got into the raised platform issue)

They can indeed by viewed from nearby mountains.

Read the booklet by Johan Reinhard, and know these lines were still bing created by native Americans (in Chile) when he was present.

Mountain worship and fertility cult. Sorry, no aliens, no landing strip.

They can indeed by viewed from nearby mountains.

Read the booklet by Johan Reinhard, and know these lines were still bing created by native Americans (in Chile) when he was present.

Mountain worship and fertility cult. Sorry, no aliens, no landing strip.

That's what I figured. And yet there he is getting away with spouting the same hooey like it's the gospel truth. The edumatainment networks play it up with out bothering to provide a counterview and the masses eat it up without knowing any better.

Yes, the tapuis are so incredibly rarely talked about they're currently the setting for a major animated feature film, Up. Still in cinemas.

I am impressed with the theories from both Däniken and Pye, everyone is in title to think what they want. We need radical people and ideas sometimes.

One theory is not better others. I cant rule something out just like that because Im not going anywhere with these things if I do. I have said it before: If no one question the accepted and most common theories we are going nowhere. If something could explain things I listen. We cant efford to be narrowminded all things considered.

Maybe, but I'm old-fashioned enough to value people who know what they're talking about over people being different for sake only of being different. Every time. For that matter, I'm also old-fashioned enough not to believe someone who's both a convicted fraud and an admitted liar (van Daniken is both), but that's just me.

--Jaylemurph

I am impressed with the theories from both Däniken and Pye, everyone is in title to think what they want. We need radical people and ideas sometimes.

One theory is not better others. I cant rule something out just like that because Im not going anywhere with these things if I do. I have said it before: If no one question the accepted and most common theories we are going nowhere. If something could explain things I listen. We cant efford to be narrowminded all things considered.

This has nothing to do with narrow mindedness. I have read Von Däniken when I was younger, I'll admit it and his ideas seemed interresting. Mind you I used to read everything I could lay my hands on. But many years later, looking back on my readings, I think they are a lot less credible, to put it mildly.

He's a fraud, who lies about his credentials and his findings or lack thereof, when he's not busy plagiarising other authors. I did notice that his theories nearly smack of racial prejudice (I'm not affirming he is a rascist, don't get me wrong, but some things he say are really dubious that way). He is obsessed with trying to prove, that ancient non-European civilizations could not have attained a high level of technological development. He talks about the accomplishments of ancient civilisations, as something that only extraterrestrials could have built.

Well I say sod that, they represent the finest examples of human ingenuity and dexterity. A few examples : the Egyptian pyramids, the figures on the plains of Nazca, the heads in Easter Island, the Aztec and Mayan pyramids, etc.

Should we dismiss E. Von Däniken as a liar and fraud? Most definitly yes.

I'm willing to accept a new theory as much as the next guy, provided it does not come from someone who is a proven fraud.

Edit :

PS: Sorry if I flew of the handle, but Von Däniken and his so called theories just have that effect on me. I apologise if anyone is offended, but I stand by what I say.

Edited by TheSearcher

Where are these ignorants? I must be the only one because I meet the same response everywhere. No the slightest will to talk about anything out of the ordinary, just the accepted theories goes, everything else is rubbish.

That is why this is going nowhere.

I dont like to be jumped on and made a mock of when I want to diskuss something, I am interested in the things he said, not the person. What things could make sense and fit.

Llyd Pye then?

I dont think you are openminded when you rule things out as "fantasies" just like that. Just to fit the big public and the common theories.

Sorry but that is really narrowminded and many dont dare to speak up because fear of the masses(you) that emmidietly jump on them and slaughter what they say.

With some people like Pye, Daniken and Sereda, you have to sort out what is interesting and can fit from everything else. some things are indeed interesting and can explain and you cant just throw everything out, that is all I ask. No more no less. It is really frustrating to talk to people that are stuck in their minds.

Edited by Kaj

Where are these ignorants? I must be the only one because I meet the same response everywhere. No the slightest will to talk about anything out of the ordinary, just the accepted theories goes, everything else is rubbish.

I dont like to be jumped on and made a mock of when I want to diskuss something, I am interested in the things he said, not the person. What things could make sense and fit.

Llyd Pye then?

I dont think you are openminded when you rule things out as "fantasies" just like that. Just to fit the big public and the common theories.

Sorry but that is really narrowminded and many dont dare to speak up because fear of the masses(you) that emmidietly jump on them and slaughter what they say.

With some people like Pye, Daniken and Sereda, you have to sort out what is interesting and can fit from everything else. some things are indeed interesting and can explain and you cant just throw everything out, that is all I ask. No more no less. It is really frustrating to talk to people that are stuck in their minds.

I agree that we need radical people sometimes, yes, no question about it. But when said person is proved to be a fraud, it makes me suspicious about anything this person says. Sorry but that's just it. Von Däniken is proven to be such a fraud, he plagiarised other authors, he falsified findings and credentials. Like I said, I have a problem with the man itself. He is dishonest and not to be trusted.

I don't really know Lloyd Pye that well to make any comment about him. I know of his general theories, that's all. And about Sereda, I assume you are talking about David Sereda? I only know him from the Spaceshuttle / UFO related things. So again, no comment about him either. These two I'm willing to learn more about, since to be honest I know little about them.

Von Däniken... well, I stand by what I said earlier, I do not believe anything coming from that man.

And btw, by no means did I mock you in any way, nor was it my intend to do so. I think I did apologise to people being offended in my previous post. I didn't jump you either I think. But yes, Von Däniken is like a red cloth in front of a bull for me, I do tend to rant about him.

Llyd Pye then?

Gosh, you're all brave an' a rebel and stuff. And you're /so/ much smarter and more broad-minded and forward-thinking than the rest of us, and just like the conspiracy theory folk, you see What's Really Going On . You play by your own rules and don't buy all that crap They tell you or waste your time learning things to know what you're on about. And god knows, it's brave, outspoken people like you who don't know beans about actual history that find out the real answers to questions, not those hard-working, nameless archaeologist and historian saps.

The Searcher may be too polite not to mock you, but I spend far too much time as it around such adolescent mentality to mistake it for anything else.

--Jaylemurph

Llyd Pye then?

The difference between you and me is this: you read about spectacular theories, but I have been there, at the place these guys talk about.

I have talked with the sister of Maria Reiche. Did you???

I have flown over the Nazca lines. Did you??

I have walked on that goddamn site. Did yoy??

No, you just want to believe some fancy theory, just because it appeals to you.

If you want to find out the truth behind those 'landing strips' go visit them, and make up your own mind.

But if I wanted to earn money, real money, I would create the most captivating theory about what I saw, and expect gullible people, those with no inclination to investivigate themselves, to swallow whatever I wrote about it.

We are looking for intelligent life 'out there'. Hmm.. maybe it's because we are lacking intelligent life HERE.

Kaj - No, the "whole 1973 film" is not a fake. It was done with real cameras on real celluloid with real voice-overs. However, the presentation, association and interpretation of the materials presented is tragically flawed and can be (and has been) dissected scene by scene. There is a significant difference between being open minded ( which most researchers and scientists are) and gullible.

T.Searcher - Gotta like a man who appreciates Frazetta!

Sorry, Kaj, I wasn't impressed much by the video of Lloyd Pye.

Entertaining, yeah, but that was all I can say about it.

He is wrong, but not...uhmmmm... being very honest.

The best thing - IF you have the money to do it - is go out, and search and find out for yourself.

And that's what I did, a long time ago. And I can tell you: it was a revelation, and at the same time a huge disappointment.

Sorry, Kaj, I wasn't impressed much by the video of Lloyd Pye.

Entertaining, yeah, but that was all I can say about it.

He is wrong, but not...uhmmmm... being very honest.

The best thing - IF you have the money to do it - is go out, and search and find out for yourself.

And that's what I did, a long time ago. And I can tell you: it was a revelation, and at the same time a huge disappointment.

True

Gosh, you're all brave an' a rebel and stuff. And you're /so/ much smarter and more broad-minded and forward-thinking than the rest of us, and just like the conspiracy theory folk, you see What's Really Going On . You play by your own rules and don't buy all that crap They tell you or waste your time learning things to know what you're on about. And god knows, it's brave, outspoken people like you who don't know beans about actual history that find out the real answers to questions, not those hard-working, nameless archaeologist and historian saps.

The Searcher may be too polite not to mock you, but I spend far too much time as it around such adolescent mentality to mistake it for anything else.

--Jaylemurph

I am too polite for me own good sometimes, isn't it? Oh well in this case, I've read what he posted later. Sorry to say that some people just won't see the forest for the tree's. Actually it's Abramelin that has the best point. Go to the places mentioned in EVD's books for example, try to find them. You'll find that most of them are either made up or taken totally out of context, then got a theory slapped upon them.

Reading is good, don't get me wrong, but don't believe everything you read, make your own opinion. If possible travel and discover for yourself. Loads better than to listen to frauds by far.