Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NED experience?

jamesjr191

Hi fellow UM fans,

I have an experience to relate and hope to get some feedback from persons that have possibly had a similar experience. I was involved in an accident as a pedestrian and am posting a link to the newspaper story. This is the only evidence I have that anything unusual may have happened to me. The article is here if you care to look at it. http://www.hickoryrecord.com/news/article_2ebdae54-ae8d-11e2-9aa0-001a4bcf6878.html

I was crossing a 4 lane highway and a car appeared from nowhere it seems to me. While I was hospitalized it took several months to get my thoughts and memories straight and here it is. I crossed the highway to almost 2 foot of being clear of the road and a lady in a Cadillac struck me. I was thrown up and into the ditch onto the edge of the road. This is where my story begins; at the moment of impact, I can remember myself arms spread wide as if diving in a pool. The next moment I was floating above the power lines looking down at the scene.

I saw myself lying there and was really perplexed as to what was happening. I was crumpled into a ball lying on my side, odd thing I noticed my shoes were gone. That really struck me as strange. Looking around I could see the surrounding businesses and buildings clearly. I also noticed I could see my arms faintly in front of me. I was totally at peace and calm not at all upset with the action below. I felt I was not alone either but I sensed no ominous or glorious presence just the feeling I was not alone here.

Suddenly I was back into my body the heaviness was obvious but still no pain. I vaguely remember flashing lights seen from behind my eyelids and hearing someone speaking to me, the officer I suppose. His attempt at communication was not understood by me at all. I laid there for an hour or so being stabilized and was flown 50 miles to a medical trauma center. I awoke after 6 weeks and learned from the Dr I had also died twice on the flight. I have no memories of that, probably the drugs or trauma blocks my memory.

I have recovered greatly though I have several medical issues I'm still dealing with. I have always clung to the protestant faith I grew up with but now I have questions. The issue i now face is I saw neither a heaven nor a hell no tunnels, just life going on below me. Was it all in my head, was it real? I guess I’ll never know till I die again. Lol James

• Like 1

Hi James. Welcome to Unexplained-Mysteries. With my understanding you did have a near-death experience (NDE), or more specifically an out of body experience. Not all of these experiences end with the person traveling to Heaven, meeting God or anything else like that. The fact that you remember seeing your body below you, the feeling of peace, and not being alone are all hallmarks of an NDE. I think (and again this is just based on my personal beliefs), that you were knocked out of your body by the accident (a literal near-death experience). But you realized what was going on, and your soul rejoined your body - it wasn't your time so to speak. I'm sure others on here will disagree with me, while others will agree. Thank you for sharing your experience.

• Like 3

im open to all communications. some will deny it ever happened and I expect that. thanks for your thoughts

• Like 3

Can I ask were you alone when you saw yourself lying on the ground in a ball? So did you see anyone next to your body?

• Like 2

Hi James, sorry I can't help you with NDE but welcome to UM and I'm glad to hear you are on the mend..

• Like 1

Can I ask were you alone when you saw yourself lying on the ground in a ball? So did you see anyone next to your body?

I saw nothing but me in the grass and the road when I saw myself.

• Like 1

I saw nothing but me in the grass and the road when I saw myself.

Ah, sounds peaceful. So what happened with your shoes anyway? Did you find them later?

Edited by Kazahel
  • Like 1

Ah, sounds peaceful. So what happened with your shoes anyway? Did you find them later?

they were knocked off, just like a lightning strike! I guess the sanitation crew got them.
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be discouraged that you didn't get to meet Jesus during your NDE. Surely he knew that you were going to survive. I saw Jesus when I was nine years old. Rest assured, he is real.

• Like 3

they were knocked off, just like a lightning strike! I guess the sanitation crew got them.

Ah ok. That's why I was asking to find out if it was something different by seeing no shoes. But I suppose you may of been aware of losing shoes(even for a split second)and it transferred into the scene anyway.

The issue i now face is I saw neither a heaven nor a hell no tunnels, just life going on below me. Was it all in my head, was it real? I guess I’ll never know till I die again. Lol James

I think in the end it doesn't matter. If it was real and you were floating above it doesn't have to mean that's all there is. And if it can be explained as just something that was in your head that also doesn't have to mean that's all there is. What I'm getting at is if the science can explain NDE or OBE that shouldn't take away from peoples faith in some type of soul/afterlife.

Edited by Kazahel
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be discouraged that you didn't get to meet Jesus during your NDE. Surely he knew that you were going to survive. I saw Jesus when I was nine years old. Rest assured, he is real.

Is there a thread on this? I would love to hear more on what he told you etc...I love reading NDE's where people meet Jesus. :)

Is there a thread on this? I would love to hear more on what he told you etc...I love reading NDE's where people meet Jesus. :)

There is a thread, but it's not a NDE. It was a vision, I was completely awake and He appeared before me as a spirit.

Here is the thread:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=239436

Thanks so much!

I'm glad you are recovering. I have had many OBEs but nothing trauma induced. I would not be concerned with who or what you met during an NDE. Getting altered state occurrences to stick in memory is always a problem. If there is a spiritual reality, the interface to the physical memory is full of issues especially under extreme trauma. I suspect more happen during your time away. Maybe a hypnotist could help you with this.

Either way, I'm glad you are still with us. :)

• Like 2

Hi and welcome to UM

I loved your sharing of your NDE or OBE, which ever you choose.

I've had 3 experiences that could be one or the other.

1) where I drowned when I was 12 yrs old, I saw other things besides a very bright white light surround me and a hand and voice, grab me and say it's not your time. So no drugs was involved with this one, by anyone giving me anything. NDE ?

2) almost auto accident. I say that, because it was a slow motion picture experience, with all sound leaving, and watching everything in slow motion. Some how making it between two vehicles, and then sound coming back, and movement returning to regular. ? No drugs here.

3) A stroke, remember being in the ambulance, not really floating but something behind me holding me there and looking down on my body and the two men doing their thing. While looking down remember being so embarrassed, they had my shirt cut open and my body was exposed! I wanted to reach down and cover me up. Then the door opened and I felt myself return quickly to my body. NDE or OBE?

Drugs used here.

So I ask myself, does drugs have influence on the mind, or is the mind more complicated then what science knows? IMO the mind is a very powerful part of us.

anyway enjoyed

good health and happiness

Was it all in my head, was it real?

I've had 2 Lazarus Syndrome experiences and an NDE. The NDE was trauma induced. I slipped and fell over a big water drum/barrel with my head first when I was very young -- I drowned. To cut a long story short, I was on the ceiling looking down at my body. I somehow knew how to get back in body. I also knew that it wasn't my time to cross over. My grandfather, who pulled me up, was totally freaked when he saw the initial scenario.

You didn't see the otherside because it wasn't your time to die. Death will be beyond your control, meaning it will be like being sucked in vacuum, sort of like being beamed up, if you will. You will know that you have arrived on another plain of existence, 300%. To get back to this material world? You won't have a clue, and there will be no map to guide you. The only way for you to get back to this world is through divine intervention, and usually, 99.99% of the time, there are "clues" attached to your resurrection...that you didn't just dream your afterlife experience.

• Like 3

I've had 2 Lazarus Syndrome experiences and an NDE. The NDE was trauma induced. I slipped and fell over a big water drum/barrel with my head first when I was very young -- I drowned. To cut a long story short, I was on the ceiling looking down at my body. I somehow knew how to get back in body. I also knew that it wasn't my time to cross over. My grandfather, who pulled me up, was totally freaked when he saw the initial scenario.

You didn't see the otherside because it wasn't your time to die. Death will be beyond your control, meaning it will be like being sucked in vacuum, sort of like being beamed up, if you will. You will know that you have arrived on another plain of existence, 300%. To get back to this material world? You won't have a clue, and there will be no map to guide you. The only way for you to get back to this world is through divine intervention, and usually, 99.99% of the time, there are "clues" attached to your resurrection...that you didn't just dream your afterlife experience.

I would argue that maybe you can get back to your body, but if your body is unable to support your consciousness you will not really be able to get back in in any meaningful way.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had a close supervisor who drowned when he was 9 and his NDE was just that there was nothing there. So now he is very atheist. I am glad that you didn't feel alone.

I don't know if NDE's are really trips out of the body, or something the brain does to protect itself before dying but either way I have always been very interested in them.

• Like 2

I always lean towards science, There is a few articles online and an episode of bullsh*t discuss people doing g-force centrifuge.

It seems people riding the g-force centrifuge were having NDE, They even created a AWARE research team.

http://www.horizonre...e.php?cat_id=38

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 2

The issue i now face is I saw neither a heaven nor a hell no tunnels, just life going on below me. Was it all in my head, was it real? I guess I’ll never know till I die again. Lol James

Death requires another process to bring you back, that is the resurrection. Plus that your brain may be hurt by then, what you saw may not be real. I believe I have gone through the whole process including the last part, with complete consciousness. Death is a long process. I took some time there to think a lot. I actually expected to see light and tunnel stuff as I ever heard of it. I didn't see any light or tunnel and etc. My mind was clean and my thought was basically focused on thinking what my family would do after knowing my death, such as the insurance stuff because the beneficiary was my sister so I worried that if my wife and kid would be able to receive it. My thought was actually focused on reality issues, it's completely not a kind of vivid dreams.

I was lying on the hospital bed all the times during the process. I consider that it's almost impossible for you to have a dream where you are lying on the bed all the times. The characteristics of a dream is that it's discrete, you are here at a time and you are else where in the next moment. My experience however was on the bed all the times, and mostly thinking. My situation wasn't that serious when entered hospital, no one including the doctors expected such an NDE. On the other hand, I automatically knew clearly that I was going to die, and that's before any such warning was received. Only after I returned back and yelled the doctors than they came to realize that it's an NDE.

I was in a dark place (or rather gloomy place, the reality however was a sunshine afternoon) surrounding me, I perceived that it's another space. I was actually bored and thought to myself that how will I be able to allow the scientists to come to research this space. The most stunning thing happened was how the spirit being released. I was basically an atheist back then, and without any Bible knowledge. So it is amazing to see how the spirit left you. On the other hand, I (my soul actually) tried several times to sit up but my body pulled my soul back in the lying position. I found that it's uneasy for a soul to actually leave the body even after death. I was quite clueless at the time this happened, it is later on when I became a true Christian that I knew that what happened is the separation of your soul, your body and your spirit. To be more specific, my soul actually had some difficulty in getting rid of the body. Yet because I managed to be in a sitting position while my body should be in the lying position, it still says that the body and the soul are separate entities.

At the moment when the spirit went out, I heard some 'wow' sound from others. I was not alone there in the darkness. It seemed to me that there were people there in the darkness and were somehow attracted by the scene of the flying out of the spirit. The spirit was taking the form of a flying pigeon (you won't find another better word to describe it). Then later on I was back to reality. And my problem was that I continue to see and hear things happening in the gloomy environment though I was fully consciously back to the reality. Not only that I was scared, all the doctors and nurses were scared too. They kept using various ways to test my consciousness and my eye sight, yet I was absolutely normal except that I continue to see and hear what they couldn't.

All I can say is that thing kept happening, I mean supernaturally or miraclously, even after I left hospital. Since then I was able to see through stuff other humans might not be able to. I can bring out a perspective overlooked by other humans in general. I actually perceived and prophesied that I will be so shortly after my experience. It's already more than 8 years now I am still inspired one way or another by things related to that event and to speak out perspectives other humans failed to speculate. To put it short, I considered that I have succeeded in establishing a direct contact with God over a short period of time, that's around one month after I left hospital.

Edited by Hawkins

• 6 months later...

I would argue that maybe you can get back to your body, but if your body is unable to support your consciousness you will not really be able to get back in in any meaningful way.

As I have mentioned, NDE is not the same as Lazarus Syndrome (with one's "awareness" or soul being COMPLETELY removed from this material plane of existence, at least my definition of Lazarus Syndrome). NDE is like dreaming and a continuation of one's (unfinished) earthly story. For example, when you sleep at night and go to dreamland, your consciousness is still intact when you wake up, OR your current earthly story (life) is still ongoing. Your consciousness is still within this material realm of light, sound, and time. Besides, the body hasn't started the decaying process and so on.

Yogis and many psychics believe in the metaphysical body and the Chakra System. This system is in the metaphysical realm and yet, it's connected to our physical body. It's a symbiosis. One's "awareness" and metaphysical body will always reconnect with the flesh when one's "time is not over." The metaphysical and the physical know what to do, how to get back together...and become whole again. True death is beyond one's control...and there's no map to guide one to this world of light and matter. True death is the complete separation of the physical and metaphysical: When true death knocks, the physical body will remain in this material plain until it decays and turns to dust, while one's "awareness" will be guided or vacuumed out of this realm of light, time, and matter.

Edited by No-thingBornPassion

• 1 month later...

Hello to everyone,I am new here.I need some advice and answers,regarding NDEs,since the topic already exists I opted to just posti it here.I need someone to hear my story...

I've never been much spiritual person...I think I was 5 when science started making much more sence than religion.But honestly,I do believe that there is something out there that is greater than our physical form,something science will never be able to measure,and something that we all get to understand and see once we are dead.

I am slowly rotting inside out.I had troublesome childhood.To put it short,I had vivid nightmares,father that abused my mother and a mother that abused me.All the worst things in my life happend to me when I was very young.Since I read about psychology as a hobby,I realized that all that happened in my childhood is the reason I am the way I am now.And what I'm like now? Today I am 21 year old male,without any socuial life and identity.I don't have anyone but my family,whom I feel very disconnected to,as if they don't know me at all.The time since elementary school just flew by.It seems the time is passing faster and faster,and I only get more lonely,sad and depressed.I have zero motivation,and I have no concrete ideas about what I want in life...I tought that I wanted a girl,or someone to connect with on an emotional level-something I never experienced.I tought I want friends,soical identity.But then,all I do is just sit in my room all day and do nothing,which led me to conclude that I don't really want those things.If I really wanted that,wouldn't I go out and seek it?

But there is something I know I want,but don't know how to get it.I want to feel alive,like when I was a child,to look at even the simplest things with astonishment,to see beauty in all that is alive,to be happy even though I am alone and to learn how to give and recieve love from other people(somehting I never knew how).I've read multiple times how NDEs utterly changed the way those people see the world.Apparently only those who were as close to death as one can be without dyiing had this change.

I feel numb all the time.Even the sadness I feel is numb.The only fealing that is strong in me is fear...I need this change those people had,this change of how they see and think about everything.I need to experience NDE to truly feel alive again,and to appreciate this life that has been given to me.Nothing else that I tried worked,this is the only way...

It's january and it's cold here where I live.There is a river near by,about a mile wide.It is muddy,fast,cold,full of whrilpools and unforgiving.Many people have drown in it,and for some their bodies were never found.I want to go to this river,and swim across.It is very dangerous,and I might even die of hypotermia.I am skinny and weak,and my body will quickly be devoid of it's heat.But there is also a small chance I survive,and if I do,I might come back reborn,like those people who had NDE,if I get close enough to death,it can change my life the way it changed theirs.Then I will not only be living my life,but living and being alive,being appreciative and happy for what I have...

What do you think? Should I do it? The risk is great,but the reward is greater,and isn't life all about risk? I am on the edge already.If someone pointed a gun at my head,I would just calmly say: "shoot"....

Many of you think this is not the way.But then what is it!? What is the way? How can I fundamentaly change the way I see the world? I have gone through 2 elementray schools,high school and faculty,I've been surounded by thousands and thousands of people,I've talked to many,but I never could connect with anyone,nor enjoy any social situations that other seem to have great time in.I want to enjoy life,like them.But I ask you,what is the way,if not comming next to death and kissing it on the cheek,then coming back,reborn...

Are you seeing a counsler or mental health professional? If not i suggest you do. Growing up in the enviroment you did can scar you and most people need help to move beyond those scars. me, i was fortunate i grew up in a "leave it to beaver" family all love and closeness. My NED only left me more confused for awhile, and now i really feel there is no God or such being. We may not stop at death though. I am still unsure on that issue. I hope you seek help with your problems and i encourage you to do so. Very Best wishes to you.

Are you seeing a counsler or mental health professional? If not i suggest you do. Growing up in the enviroment you did can scar you and most people need help to move beyond those scars. me, i was fortunate i grew up in a "leave it to beaver" family all love and closeness. My NED only left me more confused for awhile, and now i really feel there is no God or such being. We may not stop at death though. I am still unsure on that issue. I hope you seek help with your problems and i encourage you to do so. Very Best wishes to you.

Thank you for your reply.No,I never recieved any therapy.First,I can't afford any quality therapy,and secondly I could never bare the tought of my family knowing that I even need therapy.I have 2 sisters,one is older than the other.I'm the oldest child.The older sister is very different than me.She has lots of friends,is ambitious and positive...I offten wonder how can that be,when we grew up together in the same enviroment.But then,she wasn't present at the most stressfull points in our family...maybe she is just stronger than me,I don't know.

I find it unable to enjoy all the social activities normal people enjoy.Being with a group of people in a restoraunt is unimaginable to me.I can't even remember when was the last time I had a genuine laugh.Sometimes I have moments of "flash" in my mind that feel as I,and all my memories are long gone and forgotten.I have a burning wish to see something that would make me percieve everything differently,something "supernatural",something science can't ever explain.Then everything would change,because I would know that we're not just a bunch of molecules put together,that we're more than this pathetic physical form...

I would like to have a friend.But I went through 21 years of life without even making one? What kind of person is so empty and cold that is still alone after having so many chances? And I did have a lot of chances.People were friendly to me.People Invited me to various events.But I never felt like I belong with them,the connection with them.I don't know what to do...

I never knew how to give love,nor recieve it,and that's really messed up.I am very afraid.Afraid of what future holds for me,because there is a good chance I just end up like one of those old men,bitter,alone and sick,floating through life like pieces of feces down the dirty river.This life is such a joke.All those people living miserable lives,babies being born dead,mothers giving up on their children,the killings.It makes me sick.I am a fool for ranting about what pretty much could be called nonsence,but that's what my life has come down too....