Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Great Pyramid's Stepped Core ?

M. Williams

The micro-gravimetric scan done by H.D. Bui indicates the existence of a stepped core inside The Great Pyramid .The breach in Menkaure's Pyramid shows it has an inner stepped core, The Queen's Pyramids are stepped, so a stepped core in The Great Pyramid wouldn't seem out of place. There is other evidence, but the scan is pretty hard to argue with.

I believe the scan may also show a series of ramps climbing the steps in a spiral pattern.

http://hdbui.blogspot.com/

I drew this overlay to illustrate how ramps would fit into the spiral pattern in the scan .

http://www.academia.edu/6339346/The_Great_Pyramid_Stepped_Core_with_Spiral_Ramp_overlay_.

These may be the ramps used to build the kings chamber. Haze marks running at 7 degrees along the sides of the pyramid correlate with this spiral pattern and may be the residue of an internal Tafla/limestone chip spiral ramp leaching out onto the darker sandstone backing stones we see today.

The steps were later filled in and the casing stone installed using an external spiral ramp (https://www.academia.edu/5649249/THE_GREAT_PYRAMID_RAMP_SYSTEM_by_Mason_Williams ) the majority of which was used to build the top 20 meters of the GP. This would leave under .5 % of the pyramids volume of unused ramp material to be removed from the pyramid's flanks.

M. Williams

https://independent.academia.edu/masonwilliams1

Interesting... So, you mean like Jean-Pierre Houdin's proposal?

• Like 1

The micro-gravimetric scan done by H.D. Bui indicates the existence of a stepped core inside The Great Pyramid .The breach in Menkaure's Pyramid shows it has an inner stepped core, The Queen's Pyramids are stepped, so a stepped core in The Great Pyramid wouldn't seem out of place. There is other evidence, but the scan is pretty hard to argue with.

I believe the scan may also show a series of ramps climbing the steps in a spiral pattern.

http://hdbui.blogspot.com/

I believe there is an arguement to be made for the spiral pattern on the gravimetric map, but myself, I think that the map is not clear enough to be used as proof of ramps. If this is such good proof, then why is there only this one map? Why was the procedure only done once and never repeated?

If we had 3 or 4 such maps from 2 or 3 sources, I'd be very enthusiastic about what they showed, but with one source and one map, I think the idea is still very debatable.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

If we had 3 or 4 such maps from 2 or 3 sources, I'd be very enthusiastic about what they showed, but with one source and one map, I think the idea is still very debatable.

Maybe one stepped pyramid is more than anyone wanted to see.

It's easy enough to not see the steps in Djoser's Pyramid since it isn't even considered a real

pyramid and it's easy enough not to see the steps in the Meidum Pyramid because it's collapsed.

It's easy enough to not see that the Bent Pyramid isn't regular since it is afterall, bent but who

wants to find out the Red Pyramid and G2 have five steps as well?

332075812_eb4433c40d.jpg

332075812_eb4433c40d.jpg

And why in the world isn't that thing on the right middle of the photo considered evidence of ramps?

Are people actually trying to solve these mysteries or just waiting for Mason Williams to do it for them?

Why do I have to make the case both for and against ramps?

Interesting... So, you mean like Jean-Pierre Houdin's proposal?

Hello lemieux

The stepped core would preclude an interior spiral ramp as Mr. Houdin proposes. What I'm trying to show is the Great Pyramid was already a stepped pyramid when Khufu began his work. Khufu made ramps out of rubble on the steps .These are the ramps that Khufu used to build the Kings Chamber The green in the scan shows this less dense ramp material which was left in place and covered over with the denser smooth casing we see today.

The smooth casing was installed with a ramp like this

https://www.academia.edu/5649249/THE_GREAT_PYRAMID_RAMP_SYSTEM_by_Mason_Williams

Edited by M. Williams

but who wants to find out the Red Pyramid and G2 have five steps as well?

I suspect a lot of people would.

What do you think is the reason that no other gravimetric mapping has been done?

From a quick google search it seems that to make a gravimetric map you need to pass over the area being measured. So either someone would have to crane a device over the pyramid, or they would have to climb the pyramid on foot, or perhaps mount one on a heli-drone. So, probably the legal issue are why no follow up scans have been done. No one would be allowed to climb all over the pyramids, like would be required, and no crane would be tall enough, and no drone would be allowed to fly around under the current military regime.

I suspect a lot of people would.

What do you think is the reason that no other gravimetric mapping has been done?

From a quick google search it seems that to make a gravimetric map you need to pass over the area being measured. So either someone would have to crane a device over the pyramid, or they would have to climb the pyramid on foot, or perhaps mount one on a heli-drone. So, probably the legal issue are why no follow up scans have been done. No one would be allowed to climb all over the pyramids, like would be required, and no crane would be tall enough, and no drone would be allowed to fly around under the current military regime.

Bui has a recently published book on exactly how it was done and the computations involved.

I should spring for it but can't convince myself it will be helpful.

There just isn't much science being done any longer outside of narrowly defined parameters.

They have done various things that can further Egyptological study but almost nothing at all

in 25 years that "merely" provides data. It seems they are more interested in proving existing

theory and finding things to attract tourists than in gathering data. There are numerous possi-

bilities for why this would occur but it's probably just that their priorities are determined by ex-

isting beliefs.

I do suspect that with modern materials a gravimetric scan can be made finer and with more

detail. Getting these done on all the pyramids and redone on G1 should be priorities right be-

hind infrared and ultraviolet imaging. There is a laundry list of things that need to be done.

Hello lemieux

The stepped core would preclude an interior spiral ramp as Mr. Houdin proposes. What I'm trying to show is the Great Pyramid was already a stepped pyramid when Khufu began his work. Khufu made ramps out of rubble on the steps .These are the ramps that Khufu used to build the Kings Chamber The green in the scan shows this less dense ramp material which was left in place and covered over with the denser smooth casing we see today.

The smooth casing was installed with a ramp like this

https://www.academia..._Mason_Williams

Oh I see, thank you for the reply. Ya completely different... and very interesting as well. Thanks!

No more 'magic bullet' theories ... currently the main and primary difficulties regarding all possible theories is the '20 - 25 years' completion time frame ...

~

No more 'magic bullet' theories ... currently the main and primary difficulties regarding all possible theories is the '20 - 25 years' completion time frame ...

~

Hello Third-eye

My theory is that the Great Pyramid was already a stepped pyramid when Khufu began his 'remodel'.. Khufu added the King's Chamber ,backing stones and casing, filling in the steps. This would make the 20-25 year schedule less daunting.

• Like 1

Bui needs a much better English editor: as it is, his thesis seems to be written in bafflegab. Maybe he has a point, maybe not, but it's harder to tell than the effort of reading it is worth.

Hello Third-eye

My theory is that the Great Pyramid was already a stepped pyramid when Khufu began his 'remodel'.. Khufu added the King's Chamber ,backing stones and casing, filling in the steps. This would make the 20-25 year schedule less daunting.

With all due respect ... even so and IF there is a stepped pyramid beneath all that ... the time frame allowed by current accepted 'evidence' is still much too many years short of a decade for all that work ... taking into consideration that the 'Grand Gallery' and Upper Level Chambers is part of any later refurbishing.

The outer skin of facing stones itself would take the full 20 years and more in itself.

On a side note ... I believe the 'air shafts' of both the King and Queens Chambers were a means by which the builders kept the Chambers 'Centered' while putting up the Pyramid ... what do you think ?

~

With all due respect ... even so and IF there is a stepped pyramid beneath all that ... the time frame allowed by current accepted 'evidence' is still much too many years short of a decade for all that work ... taking into consideration that the 'Grand Gallery' and Upper Level Chambers is part of any later refurbishing.

The outer skin of facing stones itself would take the full 20 years and more in itself.

On a side note ... I believe the 'air shafts' of both the King and Queens Chambers were a means by which the builders kept the Chambers 'Centered' while putting up the Pyramid ... what do you think ?

~

The builders couldn't have used the 'air shafts' for any such means since they were not straight to begin with as Rudolf Gantenbrink found out with his Upuaut Project.

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt

The builders couldn't have used the 'air shafts' for any such means since they were not straight to begin with as Rudolf Gantenbrink found out with his Upuaut Project.

cormac

I am well aware of that // and why does it have to be 'straight' and in what sense ? Perpendicular ? Based on our modern construction sense maybe 'straight' across would make more sense ... but straight to us does not / might not apply to the construction requirements to the builders of the time ~ they just need to know the distance of where the chambers are under all that masonry ~ and the angle upwards means they needs only the four shafts to cover a lot more levels upwards during the construction, meaning much more practical and effective ?

~

~

Edited by third_eye

I am well aware of that // and why does it have to be 'strait' ? Based on our modern construction sense maybe 'strait' would make more sense ... but strait to us does not / might not apply to the construction requirements to the builders of the time ~ they just need to know the distance of where the chambers are under all that masonry ~

~

~

Try centering a chamber with four different shafts predominantly above them, with four different sets of angles/curves in each. It becomes quickly apparent that it's pointless to do so. Also, why would they use the shafts to center a chamber that was lower in elevation and already built before the shafts themselves?

cormac

Try centering a chamber with four different shafts predominantly above them, with four different sets of angles/curves in each. It becomes quickly apparent that it's pointless to do so. Also, why would they use the shafts to center a chamber that was lower in elevation and already built before the shafts themselves?

cormac

To keep the APex / Tip centered more than half way higher up the structure ? And also the sides true to the angle defined / planned ... the blocks are all not standardized to measurement ... and every level is of different dimensions ... instead of recording all the different stages of height and width ... they just kept the shafts true on both sides ... the other sides will align as accurately as one could manage ~ prior to the facing stones being put in place, measuring the planes would be nigh impossible, and the shifting of the center from true would accumulate and exponentially increase as the structure gets higher. A cubit off here and there will add up ~

~

Bui needs a much better English editor: as it is, his thesis seems to be written in bafflegab. Maybe he has a point, maybe not, but it's harder to tell than the effort of reading it is worth.

I don't want to insult him but his English is not especially good (much better than my

French). I suspect he also uses somewhat odd phraseology in his native language

and neither translate well.

He is a very well respected scientist and I believe he did as good a job on the tests as

anyone could have but one of the resons I don't buy the book is I'm afraid he might

have written the English version. His phraseology is very geared to scientific thinking.

It is not condusive to being understood by intuitive thinkers.

• Like 1

To keep the APex / Tip centered more than half way higher up the structure ? And also the sides true to the angle defined / planned ... the blocks are all not standardized to measurement ... and every level is of different dimensions ... instead of recording all the different stages of height and width ... they just kept the shafts true on both sides ... the other sides will align as accurately as one could manage ~ prior to the facing stones being put in place, measuring the planes would be nigh impossible, and the shifting of the center from true would accumulate and exponentially increase as the structure gets higher. A cubit off here and there will add up ~

~

The shafts, particularly those in the King's Chamber, aren't remotely "true", as in "straight" or "aligned", nor are they even centered within the King's Chamber itself, as can be seen in the following:

post-74391-0-47431000-1394670751_thumb.j

post-74391-0-36601500-1394670788_thumb.j

Which means we're supposed to believe that they could get the walls of the King's Chamber, as well as the relieving chambers above it, vertical and centered based on the dog-legged layout of 8 inch X 8 inch shafts that didn't even run their course in a straight line, vertically or diagonally? I find that rather hard to swallow.

cormac

• Like 1

The shafts, particularly those in the King's Chamber, aren't remotely "true", as in "straight" or "aligned", nor are they even centered within the King's Chamber itself, as can be seen in the following:

~image snip

Which means we're supposed to believe that they could get the walls of the King's Chamber, as well as the relieving chambers above it, vertical and centered based on the dog-legged layout of 8 inch X 8 inch shafts that didn't even run their course in a straight line, vertically or diagonally? I find that rather hard to swallow.

cormac

It is straight diagonally going up at the angle ... the 'relieving chambers is part and parcel of the King's Chambers ... and the initial end of the shafts connecting to the Chambers were sealed ... so 'air shaft' is definitely out of the equation ... the shafts were built section by section after the Chambers were done ... the robot shows that with the sealed door along the shafts ... nothing to swallow ... or spit ... just plain old school speculating ...

~

It is straight diagonally going up at the angle ... the 'relieving chambers is part and parcel of the King's Chambers ... and the initial end of the shafts connecting to the Chambers were sealed ... so 'air shaft' is definitely out of the equation ... the shafts were built section by section after the Chambers were done ... the robot shows that with the sealed door along the shafts ... nothing to swallow ... or spit ... just plain old school speculating ...

~

You have an interesting take as to what constitutes straight, particularly in the second picture I posted, since the left-hand chamber as seen from top-down is bowed up and the right-hand chamber is nowhere near diagonally straight. I guess if one were intoxicated they might look straight. :D

The beginning of each shaft in the Queen's Chamber weren't sealed as they were never connected to said chamber to begin with. In 1872 Waynman Dixon lucked out when he theorized that the Queen's Chamber might also have "air shafts" and upon noticing a crack in the wall he used a hammer and chisel to investigate it, puncturing into the horizontal portion of the shaft after several inches. Assuming that the Queen's chamber shafts may be laid out much like those in the King's Chamber he went to the same spot on the opposite wall and found (again after several inches) the second QC shaft. All of which means that the shafts couldn't have been used to center anything concerning either chamber.

cormac

Bui has a recently published book on exactly how it was done and the computations involved.

I should spring for it but can't convince myself it will be helpful.

There just isn't much science being done any longer outside of narrowly defined parameters.

They have done various things that can further Egyptological study but almost nothing at all

in 25 years that "merely" provides data. It seems they are more interested in proving existing

theory and finding things to attract tourists than in gathering data. There are numerous possi-

bilities for why this would occur but it's probably just that their priorities are determined by ex-

isting beliefs.

I do suspect that with modern materials a gravimetric scan can be made finer and with more

detail. Getting these done on all the pyramids and redone on G1 should be priorities right be-

hind infrared and ultraviolet imaging. There is a laundry list of things that need to be done.

I bet they could do all of those by way of satallite now. Government satallites are supposed to have resolution down to inches.