Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Dumpnuts

( Ping Pong ) Man vs Robot

3 posts in this topic

Are robots destined to beat humans at everything? Maybe not or at least not yet. Chinese industrial robotics company Kuka hosted what may be the first-ever man versus robot (arm) table tennis match and finally revealed the results in this video.

Kuka's Agilus robot arm, took on German Table Tennis champ and former number one player in the world Timo Boll on March 11. Unfortunately, the match wasn't streamed live. Instead, the China-based Kuka filmed the match for a commercial and then sliced and diced it into the final cut you see above. Much of the action is in slow-motion, which may be because Boll and Kuka's Agilus move too quickly to be caught on a camera running at regular speed.

http://mashable.com/2014/03/11/man-beats-robot-at-ping-pong/

1 person likes this

Wow, what an annoying piece of video.

I had to turn it off!

One camera in the right place would've done the trick.

Posted (edited)

Great use of robotics (even better editing in the video) . Thanks for sharing Dumpnuts. :)

Wow, what an annoying piece of video.

I had to turn it off!

One camera in the right place would've done the trick.

Don't forget its an advert, dramatising the event is part and parcel of the advertising world. I am sure the client would have been disappointed if a one angle 'docu' style advert was produced.

Edited by Junior Chubb