Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pharmacy's 'Monster Spray' Cures Kids'

thedutchiedutch

A pharmacy in North Dakota has put a little girl's fears to bed, prescribing a bottle of "Monster Spray" to help keep at bay all the things that go “bump” in the night.

Austin Johnson, a pharmacy technician at Barrett Pharmacy in Watford City, told The Huffington Post she was at a friend’s house when she noticed her friend’s 6-year-old daughter didn’t want to go to bed because of the "monsters" in her bedroom.

The girl’s mother said the child had been having trouble sleeping the past few nights.

“I was telling her mom about this thing the pharmacy had done for another kid when I started working there. So I asked if she wanted me to write up the prescription,” Johnson said, referring to the Monster Spray bottle.

Josslyn Dodd, the pharmacy manager, told HuffPost that for the past five years or so, Barrett's has done this for a handful of children with similar fears.

Link to full aricle : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/12/pharmacy-prescribed-monster-spray_n_4944297.html

• Like 3

that kind of reinforces the idea that there really are such things as monsters, but heck if it gets your kid to sleep, whatever.

• Like 2

That's fighting imagination with imagination.

A lot less bloody than Holy wars though.

• Like 7

Kind of cute really. I mean, you're dealing with a child and sometimes logic doesn't cut through their fears so I see no real harm so long as it is not relied upon much.

• Like 2

Think I'll ask my local pharmacist if she has any spray to deter those door-to-door political canvassers. They have a spray for every other kind of pest, and now even monsters.

• Like 2

Think I'll ask my local pharmacist if she has any spray to deter those door-to-door political canvassers. They have a spray for every other kind of pest, and now even monsters.

It's called pepper spray.

• Like 4

It's called pepper spray.

Noooo. It's usually pairs of young or old ladies they send out. (less chance of middle-aged men beating them up)

• Like 1

Noooo. It's usually pairs of young or old ladies they send out. (less chance of middle-aged men beating them up)

Resist the temptation of opening the door.

• Like 1

I did a similar thing with my son when he was at the age of monsters but in a more boyish way I suppose. He was never too worried of them but when I first noticed that fear starting to creep in I bought him a toy gun and let him keep it next to his bed. So next time any monsters came around he could blast them. It worked a treat and he was excited by the thought of blasting monsters. We would pretend to blast them before bed and he knew it was with him afterwards.

• Like 2

I love it! It's no more different than adults taking placebos. It's all psychological.

• Like 2

Parents have been doing this forever.

I hear some people put a bit of lavender oil in the spray because it is soothing or relaxing too... aromatherapy to get the kids to calm down or something.

Parents have been doing this forever.

I hear some people put a bit of lavender oil in the spray because it is soothing or relaxing too... aromatherapy to get the kids to calm down or something.

My father told me that if I saw a monster emerging from the wardrobe I should shout on the vampire underneath my bed to come help me.

• Like 3

I just remembered I had a plush toy robot, lion, and a bear with me in bed.I felt safe because if a monster did come my toys would become alive, grow big, and fight off the monster.LOL!

• Like 1

I just remembered I had a plush toy robot, lion, and a bear with me in bed.I felt safe because if a monster did come my toys would become alive, grow big, and fight off the monster.LOL!

I had a toy gun underneath my pillow. (seriously) lol

I'm pretty sure some Chloroform will do the trick nicely too. :whistle:

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure some Chloroform will do the trick nicely too.

But then the parents come in the morning to find a bunch of passed out, drooling monsters sticking out of the closet and under the bed.

Messy. :passifier:

• Like 3