Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nine new Dead Sea Scrolls found in storage

UM-Bot

The newly identified penny-sized parchments had been forgotten about for more than six decades.

Considered to be some of the most significant ancient texts ever discovered, the Dead Sea Scrolls are comprised of several hundred documents dating back more than 2,000 years. They were found inside a cave around one mile from the shore of the Dead Sea between 1946 and 1956.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/263702/nine-new-dead-sea-scrolls-found-in-storage

• Like 3

Storage wars certainly has a few 'great finds' every now and then.

• Like 4

I will be monitoring this story closely to see if the rediscovered scrolls contain words that shake the very foundation of modern Christianity...

...or the text on the scrolls will be filtered through various sources and will be said to contain nothing of interest. :whistle:

• Like 3

I will be monitoring this story closely to see if the rediscovered scrolls contain words that shake the very foundation of modern Christianity...

...or the text on the scrolls will be filtered through various sources and will be said to contain nothing of interest. :whistle:

If they do, I'm sure the Church will "bury" them if the information doesn't align with current dogma.
  • Like 2

If they do, I'm sure the Church will "bury" them if the information doesn't align with current dogma.

The Catholic Church's infamous "black list of books" comes to mind...along with whatever relics they may have in storage..

When they(scholars) unroll them and translate. These scrolls will say "Just so you know, we made all this $&it up, have a nice day, suckers." or something to that effect.

• Like 1

When they(scholars) unroll them and translate. These scrolls will say "Just so you know, we made all this $&it up, have a nice day, suckers." or something to that effect.

Speaking of that, what ever happened to the "Gospel according to Judas" that popped up a few years ago? Anyone know?
  • Like 1

Speaking of that, what ever happened to the "Gospel according to Judas" that popped up a few years ago? Anyone know?

Here ya go > link

• Like 2

Outstanding . Looking forward to whatever can be recovered and translated.

• Like 1

The Catholic Church has absolutely no control whatsoever over what happens to these scrolls.

I have little doubt at all that these scrolls will, like the others, be found to be copies of text already known.

Harte

• Like 2

Do let us know.

You know they (Catholic Church) squashed that ****. All those apocryphal texts are locked away before the TRUTH gets out and the C.C. has to answer lots of questions to which the answers might probably would cause them to fall.

I'm going to agree with Harte. They apparently were located inside ancient phylacterys, which is that little box a orthodox jew will sometimes strap to their forehead. And usually those contain a bit of paper with a single reference. So, there isn't going to be entire books coming out of this, and probably nothing new and undiscovered.

• Like 1

I'm going to agree with Harte. They apparently were located inside ancient phylacterys, which is that little box a orthodox jew will sometimes strap to their forehead. And usually those contain a bit of paper with a single reference. So, there isn't going to be entire books coming out of this, and probably nothing new and undiscovered.

A grocery list? (lol)

• Like 1

an ancient 'little black book' ~

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We will learn what they want us to learn. Same old, same old.

YEY!! First post, WOOT WOOT! :)

Hurritt

Edited by HURRITT ENYETO
  • Like 1

We will learn what they want us to learn. Same old, same old.

YEY!! First post, WOOT WOOT! :)

Hurritt

Welcome Hurritt.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. If nothing is ever published, we can assume they were mundane.

• Like 1