Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monster spider carrying its egg sac leaps out

Still Waters

LOL JVG... beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose :)

I seem to find beauty in all of natures creatures but I am aware that there are people who despise spiders. Yes, I am always the crazy girl rescuing them from the wrath of someones shoe haha

• Like 1

I knew better to look based on the thread title but I did anyway and now here's a new title for the web...

'Person reading story on internet craps self! Film at 5.'

• Like 2

See what I mean?

Careful there, before you jump to conclusions about me.

I have a long-standing treaty with spiders around these parts. If they are outside, they can go about their business. I will not bother them, they are free to live and spread their evil as they see fit.

If they come inside, they are in danger. No spiders inside. If I catch them, they will die.

It's a fair compromise and has worked so far.

Edited by Hida Akechi
  • Like 1

LOL JVG... beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose :)

I seem to find beauty in all of natures creatures but I am aware that there are people who despise spiders. Yes, I am always the crazy girl rescuing them from the wrath of someones shoe haha

Angel, it's not that I hate spiders since we have quite a few in our house. I get them with the wand on the vacuum cleaner and they keep coming back. Most are harmless compared to the one in this thread but the Brown recluse is a very nasty one in our area..

• Like 2

I get them with the wand on the vacuum cleaner...

Good idea...but I expect you'd clog up/burn out the machine if you tried it on that spider!

• Like 3

I've heard brown recluse can have a very harmful bite! I dont blame you for being cautious! Have you tried mixing peppermint essential oil with water in a spray bottle and spraying your baseboards and such? If you prefer to leaving the peppermint scent for winter season you could also use lavender essential oil... not only does it help to repel the spiders from your home but it smells quite lovely too :)

I've heard they dislike chestnuts as well so you could try placing some in your closets or cupboards.

We had a spider on our porch once, it was so scary looking! It was much bigger than what I have ever been accustomed to seeing here in the North East. Large, black, yellow and hairy! She made herself huge when she saw us, arched her back and almost looked like she puffed herself out I swear she even hissed. Before I knew it my husband smashed her with a two by four :( I felt horrible about it. He made his own dinner that night! Lol

I know I'm strange... lol Let the hating on me commence :D

• Like 1

Brown recluse can be deadly in the worst, leave a wound which lingers for months or more in the best. The sooner you stamp out those little buggers the better off you will be.

Problem with natural repellants is, for every one pest they repel they may attract two others. Poison specified for whatever is pestering, used carefully following label directions to the letter is the best option. imo.

Well, that settles it, trip to African rain forest OFF the bucket list. Would like to act tough and say I'd kill the thing, but the moment this pops (no, wait, LEAPS) out of my suitcase I'm it's b**** for as long as it says so. Or as long as I can hold off the heart attack.