Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO sighted over New South Wales

UM-Bot

A couple from Cameron Park reported seeing a 'blue and red' object shooting across the sky.

Murray Wadsworth had been watering his garden on Tuesday night when he first spotted what he initially described as a "shooting star" heading southwards. He called his wife to come and take a look and both of them watched it for several minutes.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...new-south-wales

Pictures???

Ha! You wish! Anyway it would probably be the usual blurry dot of light, out of focus and miles away!

• Like 1

Bloody Tony Abbott ... he's even driving our bloody aliens off shore now!

• Like 1

It was P flying his R/C plane with a banner attached saying...Drink more Bluetongue Premium. LOL

• Like 1

Blue and Red?

Maybe it was Thor?

2019392-thor___1st_app_kirby_02_color.jpg

• Like 2

A couple from Cameron Park reported seeing a 'blue and red' object shooting across the sky.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...new-south-wales

Some of the best documented UFO cases have occurred down under. They definitely have an interest in that area; it can't be the beer that's for sure!

• Like 2

Some of the best documented UFO cases have occurred down under. They definitely have an interest in that area; it can't be the beer that's for sure!

OI!

none of this foreign bullying of the national brew!

If anyone's going to slag off the swill it's US!

• Like 3

I think that is a vegi-would, rather then a vegi-might....

• Like 1

One sighting in September was caught on video, in which a moving blue light is clearly visible, while those watching describe it as having changed colour from red.

Sceptics dismissed those sightings as a toy helicopter with bright LED lights and Mr Wadsworth said his wife had a similar reaction.

‘‘My wife said it must have been a toy helicopter or something like that but it was too high, too fast and too bright,’’ Mr Wadsworth said. ‘‘No toy could move like that.

‘‘There has to be a rational explanation, I’m a total sceptic, but whatever that was, it was too fast to have been an aeroplane.’’

There was some buzz on facebook last week that my wife was telling me about about a local sighting I missed that I was too late for, not sure if it was the ISS or an iridium satellite. But it was a planned viewing, on about the same day.

This sounds just like one seen in Belmont late last year:

‘‘It came in from the north-west then slowly descended, and then it changed quickly from blue to red. Then it shot straight up for a couple of seconds and my wife reached for her phone camera and it changed back to blue then shot over towards the south-west.

This is an alleged picture of the alleged beastie, apparently it looked like this and had been seen on at least three nights over the Lake in recent weeks according to witnesses:

w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Hopefully Chrlz can work his magic on it. It looks to me like a row of shops photographed at night. As the same thing seems to keep getting seen it seems there is likely some local explanation to it, rather than looking outside the solar system. Aliens are not going to be hopping into and out of Aussie airspace unannounced or rather unnoticed by more than a family and a newspaper reporter, there are dedicated groups looking up all the time and I didn't hear of any military people chasing this thing. I'd be looking for new clubs about town, or businesses as well. Another who claims to have seen this one is Herald journalist Jim Kellar, at the same time for about 15 minutes as he sat on the verandah of his house at Valentine.

He saw it as red, and turning to yellow, and moving low on the horizon to the southwest, where it disappeared and re-appeared, moving faster at times than aircraft would appear at the same distance. But this does not appear to be heading into or from space at any point, the sighting trajectories are entirely terrestrial. Military seems a good candidate.

Not sure how Murray and a Jim could determine the speeds, that seems to be something the paper is taking at face value as opposed to investigating that claim. I have to say I am dubious that a guy watering his garden, or a reporter sitting on his porch was in an opportune position to make any such calculation, I'd say they reckon "it looked faster than a plane."

That cartoon was a chuckle :D

Whilst Oztrayliya is not immune to mania, as we do still get nonsense "proof" like this:

261014-a9275142-5d6d-11e3-bdfb-cc323b5e78a5.jpg

But in all fairness, we do still get the odd interesting one, I'd love to see Chrliz's opinion on this effect, not sure what it is, but it looks great.

261154-49d6d344-5d6c-11e3-bdfb-cc323b5e78a5.jpg

No they haven't we don't even have our own saucer crash. And nobody here thinks the Government is smart enough to instigate and maintain a cover up. As for the beer, well, you have shown you don't know a single thing about this great land, so like your advice is going to be worth considering. You lot still think we drink Fosters, shows how much you know. But then again, you usually spout of about stuff you know nothing about.

Blue and Red?

Maybe it was Thor?

Even tougher.

League Front rowers.

ipad-art-wide-akuila-uate-420x0.jpg

Edited by psyche101

Apparently, most UFOs seen are those created by earths hidden government, but not all; http://www.focusonre...t-are-UFOs.html

I'm taking it that you're not so up to speed on our Government.........

Try googling Australian PM Speedos to get up to speed..........

And he's the better one.

:w00t:post-103357-0-15475600-1395012698_thumb.

Told you great stuff isn't it. We all take baths in th stuff during dropbear season.

de-la-lutte-dans-du-chocolat-004.jpg

See :D

LOL, the wife and her sister fighting over the jar!!! Ahh family, what can you do with them but love 'em!!

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 3

I am constantly wondering why ET needs lights at all? If they are here to watch us, then surely that could just pop down in a blacked out ship, or a ship with active camouflage, and sit outside your bedroom window and no one would every be the wiser.

If these are human built UFOs, which are just craft being flown at weird times/places, or inventiive new designs, then sure, they would have lights... But, I suppose that is not as Mysterious. :alien: :alien: :alien:

• Like 3

Told you great stuff isn't it. We all take baths in th stuff during dropbear season.

de-la-lutte-dans-du-chocolat-004.jpg

See :D

I think that should be upgraded to an Olympic Sport... Both Summer and Winter games...

• Like 2

I am constantly wondering why ET needs lights at all? If they are here to watch us, then surely that could just pop down in a blacked out ship, or a ship with active camouflage, and sit outside your bedroom window and no one would every be the wiser.

If these are human built UFOs, which are just craft being flown at weird times/places, or inventiive new designs, then sure, they would have lights... But, I suppose that is not as Mysterious. :alien: :alien: :alien:

If ET was to bring a spaceship here, I would not be surprised to see lights, even if they do not have lights. A Propulsion systems could be mistaken for such I would think. We tend to associate with the familiar.

I think that should be upgraded to an Olympic Sport... Both Summer and Winter games...

I was thinking more like breakfast lunch and dinner.......

:w00t:

MMmmmm vegimite coated female. Delicious!!

.... Mr Wadsworth said: No toy could move like that.

Aren't old people cute when they prove their ignorance of the current state of technology (even toys)... Seriously, if anyone isn't familiar with what can be done with RC stuff that is now quite cheap, go and do some youtube-ing on RC quad copters and the like... (BTW - that's aimed at Mr Wadsworth not you, psyche, me ole mate..)

As for this:

w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Hopefully Chrlz can work his magic on it.

Name dropper.. :D

Actually, all those images are horribly, horribly affected by jpeg artefacting. I'd be happy to follow them back to the source to see if the originals are available - do you have the original links to hand? While I can track them back by the jpg file links, that can take a while and I'm terminally lazy... Plus I'd like to read the full stories..

Anyway, I wouldn't throw much analysis at them, but that one up above? Well, a very small gamma tweak shows the underlying image to look like this:

post-95887-0-48555700-1395060208_thumb.j

Oh dear. Apart from the jpeg compression rubbish, that curvy shape around the lights does strongly suggest a very poor cut and paste.. It *could* be a jpeg problem, but I have my doubts - I think some stuff had to be removed from the image in order for it to be a UFO, if you get my drift...

The one with the Moon and the flared area above is interesting, but again, it is very, very low quality and I want to see the original+exif before applying any magic.. Again, there's a shape around the moon, but this time it is more likely to be a poor quality optics/haze/jpeg problem.. My first impression was a simple montage of two images, but then it has *some* (but not enough!) similarities to an effect I saw some months back where the Moon shone a beam thru a tiny gap in one layer of clouds, down to hit a lower layer and briefly form a large 'spotlit' area that quite rapidly moved and then disappeared. It was too fast for me to grab a camera, and it had me fooled for a moment.. But that's not what this one is - I'd like to try to get at the original/s.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1

OI!

none of this foreign bullying of the national brew!

If anyone's going to slag off the swill it's US!

You must admit it's pretty bad. At least the yanks have IPA which has the citrus flavour.

Any way OZ has quality UFO's.

Kelly Cahill, Tully Saucer, Cosford. Sheer quality.

We have not given them our stealth technology.

They gave it to us. DYOR.

Aren't old people cute when they prove their ignorance of the current state of technology (even toys)... Seriously, if anyone isn't familiar with what can be done with RC stuff that is now quite cheap, go and do some youtube-ing on RC quad copters and the like... (BTW - that's aimed at Mr Wadsworth not you, psyche, me ole mate..)

LOL, love the way you put that! :D

And definitely excluding you and I, as for me, I am not grown up yet by a long shot. I muck around with a couple of little RC choppers that you see at Dick Smith and Jaycar, and even those have some amazing capabilities, the quad copters are stable and go almost anywhere.

As for this:

Name dropper.. :D

Well, if you have the contacts...... :D

Actually, all those images are horribly, horribly affected by jpeg artefacting. I'd be happy to follow them back to the source to see if the originals are available - do you have the original links to hand? While I can track them back by the jpg file links, that can take a while and I'm terminally lazy... Plus I'd like to read the full stories..

I am not sure where to find the originals, maybe the owners can be tracked down on facebook, they mostly seem to post these things there, the links I saw them at are

LINK 1 (Above Picture) UFO Sighted over the Hunter

LINK 2 UFO sightings Stir debate.

LINK 3 UFO sighting continue. This link has a lovely photo of a dust orb claimed to be a spaceship.

The above posted photo seems to just be hosted at Google Plus. I will see if I can find more.

Anyway, I wouldn't throw much analysis at them, but that one up above? Well, a very small gamma tweak shows the underlying image to look like this:

post-95887-0-48555700-1395060208_thumb.j

Oh dear. Apart from the jpeg compression rubbish, that curvy shape around the lights does strongly suggest a very poor cut and paste.. It *could* be a jpeg problem, but I have my doubts - I think some stuff had to be removed from the image in order for it to be a UFO, if you get my drift...

I am still thinking it looks like a row of shops at night, and the cleanup you mention would sharpen the edges to give the illusion of wings. I do not think this one was even in the air.

The one with the Moon and the flared area above is interesting, but again, it is very, very low quality and I want to see the original+exif before applying any magic.. Again, there's a shape around the moon, but this time it is more likely to be a poor quality optics/haze/jpeg problem.. My first impression was a simple montage of two images, but then it has *some* (but not enough!) similarities to an effect I saw some months back where the Moon shone a beam thru a tiny gap in one layer of clouds, down to hit a lower layer and briefly form a large 'spotlit' area that quite rapidly moved and then disappeared. It was too fast for me to grab a camera, and it had me fooled for a moment.. But that's not what this one is - I'd like to try to get at the original/s.

I remember you mentioning that effect.

That is a nice photo isn't it. I'd be proud of it. Even if it does look like a magnificent accident. I do have more information here, the photographer is one Renee Harvey. I suspect she will be found on facebook.

I found it at this LINK. (Mt Annan resident reports UFO sightings over Camden)

Cheers.

You must admit it's pretty bad. At least the yanks have IPA which has the citrus flavour.

All one has to admit is you are not only clueless with UFO's but beer too.

Poncy citrus, do you hold your pinky in the air when you drink it too?

Aussie beer is a mans beer. So little wonder it is too much for your delicate palette.

Any way OZ has quality UFO's.

Everyone has UFO's notably Hessdalen, which shows us they are not Extraterrestrial like you keep making out they are.

Kelly Cahill, Tully Saucer, Cosford. Sheer quality.

Kelly Cahill and her husband saw nothing, and admit it. Her whole story is made up after as drive where she fell asleep while her husband drove home. Very sorry tale that one, and the Tully Nest is bent grass, not a UFO. For all you know it was just as likely Bigfoot visiting form the states as it was aliens.

And Cosford is not in Australia, that is in the UK. Gee, you know a lot about Australia don't you.

Edited by psyche101