Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coma patient wakes up with 'psychic powers'

UM-Bot

An injured man who spent two weeks in a coma believes that the experience has made him psychic.

Four years ago Rob Ball had a brush with death when he was punched in the side of the head outside a nightclub in Southend. Despite spending two weeks in a coma, losing his memory and having to relearn how to walk, Ball went on to survive the ordeal and was eventually able to leave the hospital and go home.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/263884/coma-patient-wakes-up-with-psychic-powers

• Like 1

According to the article this is the sum of his abilities...

Ball's mother, Chrissie Bacon, says he found her keys when she lost them in her own mum's house. The 27-year-old has also predicted the sex of seven unborn babies and says he now wants to be a professional psychic.

Watch out Mystic Meg ;)

• Like 1

Finding car keys? I'd have him picking lottery numbers and racehorses if he was my kin!

• Like 8

Like South Park... Just like South Park..... -_-

• Like 3

Reminds me of Paul the Octopus for some reason.

Because they are both frauds maybe?

Sorry, the Octopus wasn't a fraud, he was a victim of his keepers fraud. ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 1

im able to tell the future too by reading my farts.

• Like 1

im able to tell the future too by reading my farts.

I predict everyone will leave the room.

• Like 7

Obviously the Doctors forgot to mention brain damage.

Poor guy though, Punched in the head outside a bar - to be in a coma and have to relearn again.

• Like 1

Ball's mother, Chrissie Bacon, says he found her keys when she lost them in her own mum's house. The 27-year-old has also predicted the sex of seven unborn babies and says he now wants to be a professional psychic.

Watch out Mystic Meg ;)

Hrmmzz, one does not have to be psychic I believe, I am rarely the one who finds my car keys, it is usually my wife, maybe she is psychic, but I can pick an unborn easy, the shape of the mothers belly is a total giveaway. The last 4 people we have known who have been pregnant, I have predicted the sex with 100% accuracy. Boys offer a straighter look, as if they are a little koala holding onto mums spine, but girls lay back like in a hammock and give a more rounded shape. Looks very obvious to me for some reason.

• Like 3

No it isn't anything paranormal here but science. His brain is now capturing other people 's thoughts . Brains are also emitters and receptors like a radio tv station. The best example is when there's natural occurring disasters. All individuals are thinking alike or running in a single direction, in economics is called the herd behaviour...etc...capacity of numerous individuals to think and act like one.

This is also the explanation of deja vu. We are seeing places through other ppl's eyes.

post-141791-0-49490300-1395123728_thumb.

Edited by qxcontinuum

Sounds like he was a fan of Dead Zone before his coma.

• Like 1

Hrmmzz, one does not have to be psychic I believe, I am rarely the one who finds my car keys, it is usually my wife, maybe she is psychic, but I can pick an unborn easy, the shape of the mothers belly is a total giveaway. The last 4 people we have known who have been pregnant, I have predicted the sex with 100% accuracy. Boys offer a straighter look, as if they are a little koala holding onto mums spine, but girls lay back like in a hammock and give a more rounded shape. Looks very obvious to me for some reason.

Exactly, what a crock :)

Looks like its time for a career change for you Psyche...

Psychic101 ;)

• Like 1

No it isn't anything paranormal here but science. His brain is now capturing other people 's thoughts . Brains are also emitters and receptors like a radio tv station. The best example is when there's natural occurring disasters. All individuals are thinking alike or running in a single direction, in economics is called the herd behaviour...etc...capacity of numerous individuals to think and act like one.

This is also the explanation of deja vu. We are seeing places through other ppl's eyes.

Please tell me where science has ever shown capturing peoples thoughts to be possible.

Herd mentality and people looking to survive a natural disaster are not equivalent to capturing another's thoughts.

• Like 2

I read stories of people develop new "abilities" after losing sight or hearing. The man became psychic from a coma is an interesting read...I'm reminded of reading a comic book story on how a superhero received his strength. It doesn't guarantee anyone else in a coma (if they awake) will turn psychic, this is a special case.

Exactly, what a crock :)

Looks like its time for a career change for you Psyche...

Psychic101 ;)

LOL, I do not think I could keep a straight face to be honest.

But with the belly shape - very obvious, check it out if you know any pregnant ladies. Let me know if you can see it too :D Maybe you and I can do a Penn and Teller thing instead :D

• Like 2

LOL, I do not think I could keep a straight face to be honest.

But with the belly shape - very obvious, check it out if you know any pregnant ladies. Let me know if you can see it too :D Maybe you and I can do a Penn and Teller thing instead :D

Oddly enough I find the shape of an expecting lady quite attractive, I might get caught looking at the wrong bump :blush:

Because they are both frauds maybe?

Sorry, the Octopus wasn't a fraud, he was a victim of his keepers fraud. ;)

Haha, very well said!

Watch out Mystic Meg ;)

what article was this in? i didn't read that in the linked article

i didn't see that link.

this is the link the OP posted, and it didn't say anything about predict the gender of babies etc

http://www.unexplain...-psychic-powers

At the bottom of the OP's link to the UM snippet there was a link to the source from IB Times. :)

• Like 1