Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Burglar Sends Selfie to Victim's Friends

Eldorado

'A bungling thief who sent a picture of himself burgling a house to his victim's colleagues has been jailed.'

'A spokeswoman for South Yorkshire Police said "Keast had stolen a SIM card from the property and, using another phone, took a selfie and posted it on the whatsapp messenger application,

"However, unknowingly, Keast also sent the picture to the victim's work colleagues, who became suspicious and contacted police."'

Article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-26655940

Ha-ha!

• Like 5

What a total spanner!

If only all crooks were as stupid, it would make the police's job a whole lot easier :yes:

• Like 4

This is why he's a criminal and not a rocket scientist. :yes:

• Like 5

If all criminals were so idiotic I would happily join the police and get up extra early in the morning to do my job ....just for the laughs :clap:

Actually, thinking about it, my mate is a copper and he comes across some proper dolts in his line of work but they are usually the divvys who are so drugged or alcohol addled when they commit offences that they might as well leave their passports/phone numbers/adresses/ national insurance numbers at the scene of crime ...I suspect 'real' crims have a bit more intellect.

• Like 4

Yet Another Idiot..........

'A man who took a 'selfie' photograph of himself inside a court has been fined £400. Daniel Lee Thomas, 28, later posted the Mold Crown Court photograph, which showed a judge and the court crest in the background, on Facebook. Thomas, of Connah's Quay, Flintshire, admitted taking and publishing a photograph of a judge in a court, before Flintshire magistrates.

He said he did not know it was a criminal offence.'

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-26670701

I fear for the future of my country. :(

• Like 1

These genius' remind me of the guy - back in the early 70's I guess - who went in to rob a bank and wrote out the stick up note on the back of one of

his own deposit slips - with his name and address on the other side!

Edited by Taun
  • Like 2