Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Identify these lights

Ashyne

Ive seen hoaxers manufactue small frames with remotely controlled LED lights on them, which they release in the dark with helium balloons and along lenth of string,

So if I was to hazzard a guess, thats what I would suggest this is!

• Like 1

I do see high rise building's to either side of the lights which the upper floors and roofs have been used in the past for the hoaxers to gain extra height and avoid being caught!

oh yeah yeah yeah they differently kites lol

I'd hazard a guess at a reflection on the glass. LED Lamp maybe?

Thinking LED because it is made up of many small sources, like most LED lamps.

• Like 1

I would have said it's a streetlamp with lights in a ring, but the thing isn't stationary it's moving. Even though 6.6.6 says it's a hoax that's because he's on that wagon, how would he know what that is. If I looked up and saw one of those in the sky one day no way would I think that was only a hoax.

Edited by spacelizard667

I would have said it's a streetlamp with lights in a ring, but the thing isn't stationary it's moving. Even though 6.6.6 says it's a hoax that's because he's on that wagon, how would he know what that is. If I looked up and saw one of those in the sky one day no way would I think that was only a hoax.

Are these ones moving?

IMG_0756.JPGIMG_0758.JPGIMG_0757.JPG

No they are not. Looks like it though, doesn't it.

• Like 1

I do see high rise building's to either side of the lights which the upper floors and roofs have been used in the past for the hoaxers to gain extra height and avoid being caught!

I forgot to add some information. This video was taken in a residential area (HDB estate heartlands) where there are only high rise apartments of 10 to 40 floors each building. Roofs are accessible only by the maintenance staff (locked doors for both staircases to the roofs).

It is not possible to be streetlamps because then those lamps would have to be at least a hundred meters tall!

Edited by Ashyne

It is not possible to be streetlamps because then those lamps would have to be at least a hundred meters tall!

It could still be a street lamp reflecting on a window.

I reckon it is one of these reflecting on a window though. The photographer just shifted position to make the angle appear different.

Rectangle_recessed_LED_Downlight_LED_down_light.jpg

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

It could still be a street lamp reflecting on a window.

I reckon it is one of these reflecting on a window though. The photographer just shifted position to make the angle appear different.

The lights seem to be rotating though.

Another point to note: Streetlamps in the residential areas in Singapore are very limited in design (set to conform to certain rules on residential lighting), so there are only a very small number of lamp types, and there are none I know of with lights arranged like that. Our streetlamps are almost always of this design and this applies throughout the entire country.

195470.jpg

• Like 1

If you notice aswell, the ring of lights to the left looks as though its being pulled back in towards the building on the left, just as if it was being reeled in by string

It even begins to tilt slightly before the lights are switched off, suggesting that the balloons are counteracting the pulling of the string causing the wire frame to tilt!

• Like 1

I forgot to add some information. This video was taken in a residential area (HDB estate heartlands) where there are only high rise apartments of 10 to 40 floors each building. Roofs are accessible only by the maintenance staff (locked doors for both staircases to the roofs).

Whos to say the maintenance staff aren't the hoaxers??

• Like 1

Another point to note: Streetlamps in the residential areas in Singapore are very limited in design (set to conform to certain rules on residential lighting), so there are only a very small number of lamp types, and there are none I know of with lights arranged like that. Our streetlamps are almost always of this design and this applies throughout the entire country.

195470.jpg

Fair enough, are you sure you know the specific area though? LED upgrades are very common at the moment, but otherwise it would seem streetlights can be discounted based on your local experience, and by the way, thank you for the local perspective. It is always good to get the opinion from someone who is local. I am quite fond of information that is "straight from the horses mouth" so to speak. It seems unlikely to be a streetlight based on what you have contributed I have to admit.

As such, I would go back to my initial suspicion of a downlight inside the building reflecting on the window, something very similar to the example I posted.

• Like 1

I am honestly not seeing that. I do see the three lights to the left (as you look at it) which appear to be attached to a large building, as much as I can make out form the silhouette.

Fair enough, are you sure you know the specific area though? LED upgrades are very common at the moment, but otherwise it would seem streetlights can be discounted based on your local experience, and by the way, thank you for the local perspective. It is always good to get the opinion from someone who is local. I am quite fond of information that is "straight from the horses mouth" so to speak. It seems unlikely to be a streetlight based on what you have contributed I have to admit.

As such, I would go back to my initial suspicion of a downlight inside the building reflecting on the window, something very similar to the example I posted.

Singapore as a nation is the size of a large city, so the designs of buildings and lamps (and other things) in one area are replicated in a common fashion for all other areas throughout the country. In fact, there is no distinct separation between the look of these residential areas at all except for the names of streets and blocks.

Also, UFO sightings (including hoaxes) are extremely rare here. Articles like this pop up only once or twice a year at the most.

Edited by Ashyne
  • Like 1

Singapore as a nation is the size of a large city, so the designs of buildings and lamps (and other things) in one area are replicated in a common fashion for all other areas throughout the country. In fact, there is no distinct separation between the look of these residential areas at all except for the names of streets and blocks.

Also, UFO sightings (including hoaxes) are extremely rare here. Articles like this pop up only once or twice a year at the most.

What do you think it is? Whats your own intelligent opinion Ashyne?

• Like 1

I do not doubt you for a second, and again, thank you for the local information, I love asian culture. And as an electrician, the streetlights do hold a certain interest to me being so familiar with many types :D

I was just thinking that many places are fitting older lights with LED replacements, which would likely be a ring of small lights, but I think if that was happening, and with the place being as traversable as your description indicates, it seems unlikely that you would not have seen a light like that anywhere if they are being upgraded. They are just really popular with many at the moment as they almost remove maintenance altogether, and have amazing lamp life - like 50,000 hours. So it is common at the moment to see them replacing conventional lighting.

But not saying that is the case, just explaining how I arrived at that conclusion. I have to concede to your local experience, and do so happily.

I would imagine so, with a dense population it seems incredible that anything like this might only be noticed by a single person, and when it is, it seems likely that it would be a hoax of some sort. As such, I doubt too many are willing to make fools of themselves by lying to others.

Edited by psyche101

Whos to say the maintenance staff aren't the hoaxers??

Because the maintenance staff here are almost exclusively foreign workers employed on short term passes from third world countries in South Asia. They live in dormitories in specific areas (mostly west and east of the country, while Ang Mo Kio [location of sighting] is in the North-Central] and are watched by local supervisors. They have no transportation of their own and they are ferried to and from their workplaces by company vehicles which depart at specific times of the day. This means they simply have no freedom to take a key and go up there on the roof or somewhere nearby and just start playing with kites.

If you were a local you would know what I mean. They face very strict and confined lives here and have absolutely no way to plan or even carry out a hoax like this. Besides, if they were hoaxing, they risk expulsion back to their home countries. They get paid very little here and none would be in the right state of mind to even plan a hoax like this.

Because the maintenance staff here are almost exclusively foreign workers employed on short term passes from third world countries in South Asia. They live in dormitories in specific areas (mostly west and east of the country, while Ang Mo Kio [location of sighting] is in the North-Central] and are watched by local supervisors. They have no transportation of their own and they are ferried to and from their workplaces by company vehicles which depart at specific times of the day. This means they simply have no freedom to take a key and go up there on the roof or somewhere nearby and just start playing with kites.

If you were a local you would know what I mean. They face very strict and confined lives here and have absolutely no way to plan or even carry out a hoax like this. Besides, if they were hoaxing, they risk expulsion back to their home countries. They get paid very little here and none would be in the right state of mind to even plan a hoax like this.

Whos to say the supervisors aren't the hoaxers?

It wouldnt necessarily have to be done from the roof,

A resident from the top level could quite as easily performed this hoax from a window or balcony

Edited by 6.6.6

Whos to say the supervisors aren't the hoaxers?

The culture here is not as you think it is. People here don't simply create such hoaxes for the fun of it. In a country where almost everyone knows each other or has a mutual friend, something like this would have huge repercussions on the reputation of the hoaxer. If anyone would be a hoaxer, it would be a school-dropout teenager but highly unlikely an adult, especially a supervisor. And a teenager would not be able to access the roof without a maintenance key that only the staff has. The permission to access the roof is directly controlled by the town council which provides the key to the supervisor.

Edited by Ashyne

to have better understanding, we need a pic or video of that exact area in daylight, because i think someone attached a rope from the lower building to a slightly higher building and put a R/C object with lights to make it look like a moving ufo

Edited by SkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart
  • Like 1

All previous UFO sightings here were either mistaken identities (of aircraft) or advertising blimps (shaped like cigar UFOs), but this sighting is unique and I am interested in it because it does not seem to fit either of those two types I mentioned. Perhaps it could be a a resident flying a kite, but I would also wonder how a kite would be able to fly since its string would have to be very long at that height, and surrounded by high rise apartments on all sides, it would not have freedom of movement by the string. If it were remote controlled, perhaps, but I have not seen a remote controlled toy like that. Most remote controlled toys I've seen in the skies here are large diamond shaped ones with flashing lights or toy helicopters, but never a round, circular craft with non flashing lights on its rim.