Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Still Waters

Selfie: Student breaks 19th century statue

9 posts in this topic

Taking funny selfies takes some imagination and creativity, but trying too hard can lead to unexpected results. Thus, in one such attempt to take a pic of himself, a student broke a 19th century statue in Italy’s Brera Academy.

http://rt.com/news/i...ent-statue-845/

1 person likes this

Lol. Oops

What a goon. He's lucky that was a copy. I wish kids would get an electric shock every time they took a selfie.

5 people like this

Indicative of the "I'm more important than anything else and I can do what I want" mentality I see with a lot of young people these days.

Probably stems from the "nobody loses, everyone gets a gold star" bs in school and sports etc.

4 people like this

Indicative of the "I'm more important than anything else and I can do what I want" mentality I see with a lot of young people these days.

Probably stems from the "nobody loses, everyone gets a gold star" bs in school and sports etc.

It's just a phase most teenagers go through. I'm 34 now and when I look back when I was 16, I can't believe how much of an idiot I was at times. If I could go back in time, I'd punch my 16 year old self in the face.

It's just a phase most teenagers go through.

I don't know....

At the risk of sounding like an old hen, not when I was growing up. We went on trips to museums and such and none of the kids were climbing on statues.

2 people like this

I don't know....

At the risk of sounding like an old hen, not when I was growing up. We went on trips to museums and such and none of the kids were climbing on statues.

I don't remember this sort of behaviour either but I'm older than you, I would have been petrified of being reprimanded or getting a clip round the earhole if I put a foot out of line in a museum/art gallery/establishment where a modicum of decorum is required.

This selfie crap <channels old biddy self> is a facebook phenomenon ...look at meee - I'm bonkers I am!! .....which translates to me as 'I have a really dull existence but I want you all to think I'm really popular and funny.

Dull as a wooden spoon.

1 person likes this

I'm 21 and I've never taken a selfie in my life. Some people have forced me into their own selfie but I've never gotten a pic, taken it and published it to any medium.