Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesus second coming

shayne255

I am just wondering and thinking with a lot going on with world war 3 going to possibly to happen with Russia and the four blood moons going to happen come April 15th 2014 do you think Jesus will come. I am a Lutheran Christian and I am wondering if anyone else thinks the same thing. I am a firm believer in Jesus and I think Jesus would not like that of a world war 3. There have been other signs as well that Jesus could come back to so I am just wondering if anyone else thinks Jesus is coming back to bring us to heaven and rescue us.

Jesus died.

Are you referring to a return of the Christ?

• Like 1

People freak out about world war 3 since the day after when some one said it was world war 2. Do not fall into the hype, It won't come to it. If you need me, I will be 30 miles deep in my fortified bunker.

• Like 2

The apocalypse has been predicted by experts to be just around the corner for thousands of years and will continue to be predicted to be soon for thousands more.

• Like 3

My view of the bible is that over the centuries it has been embellished and altered from the original story.

Though I think there is truth to some of it, It's like a Hollywood Movie where it's based on a true story but

fiction has been added to give it character. About the only thing in the bible that makes sense to me is the

10 commandments. The jury is out for the rest of it.

• Like 2

Jesus will return. One day. Probably not when you expect. In fact, it's said that it will happen "like a thief in the night". So why look for signs and portents of his coming. Surely the thief doesn't announce he's coming to your house. If he did, you could hide Macaulay Culkin in your house and let him go all Home Alone on their proverbial behinds. Once people stop predicting when Jesus will return, that's probably when he'll return :yes:

• Like 4

Jesus will return. One day. Probably not when you expect. In fact, it's said that it will happen "like a thief in the night". So why look for signs and portents of his coming. Surely the thief doesn't announce he's coming to your house. If he did, you could hide Macaulay Culkin in your house and let him go all Home Alone on their proverbial behinds. Once people stop predicting when Jesus will return, that's probably when he'll return :yes:

I thought Jesus said he will come as a thief of the night for those who didn't know him, etc... and those who know him should watch for signs and prepare for his coming. The exact date is unknown as has been said many times, but the signs will be there for those who can see.

Anyhow, what's this about World War 3? In a nutshell, what has happened that has led people to believe this? I don't watch TV partly for these reasons, so what is happening?

• Like 2

No one knows either the day or the hour. Business as usual until he comes, except for, maybe, some repentance and change of heart and direction.

"For many will come in my name, saying, 'I am the Messiah!' and they will lead many astray." (Matthew 24:5)

2 Thessalonians 2:1-12

King James Version (KJV)

2 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Ya Think?

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Hawkin
  • Like 2

I am just wondering and thinking with a lot going on with world war 3 going to possibly to happen with Russia and the four blood moons going to happen come April 15th 2014 do you think Jesus will come. I am a Lutheran Christian and I am wondering if anyone else thinks the same thing. I am a firm believer in Jesus and I think Jesus would not like that of a world war 3. There have been other signs as well that Jesus could come back to so I am just wondering if anyone else thinks Jesus is coming back to bring us to heaven and rescue us.

No. Happy to bet you my entire wealth on that one. ;-)

• Like 1

Yes.

Personaly Im not sure if the rapture takes place before, mid way through, or tward the end of the tribulation. But yeah, I believe assuming you are going to live another 20 years or so, that you will see the fulfillment of all things written with in your life time.

• Like 1

Edited by Rlyeh

Every generation believes that theirs will be the last and that they will witness the End of Days. It is the innate human weakness and arrogance that causes this.

I was a Lutheran Christian, just like the topic starter. (Actually, I changed religions several times). The further the more I strengthened the idea that

it has been embellished and altered from the original story.

So, I don't perceive anymore the Bible as well as any other religious teaching literally. Actually, there have been a lot of people besides Jesus (Joshua) who claimed to be the Messiah, have the divine nature etc. But their heritage, their teachings just were not spread so widely.

Edited by Damian-Bjorn

Martin Luther (1483-1546) was alleged to have said, "If I knew the world were ending tomorrow I would plant a tree."

Martin Luther (1483-1546) was alleged to have said, "If I knew the world were ending tomorrow I would plant a tree."

When M.L. left the Catholic Church and formed his own religion (Lutherans), books were removed from the original canon

because he deemed them as unworthy. The Catholic Bible has more books in it then the Protestants. Henry the 8th also left

the Catholic Church when the Pope wouldn't grant him a divorce and formed the Church Of England.

No. Neither Jesus nor the Christ will come back. Don't wait for someone to come back and "save" you. Find your own answers.

• Like 1

Shayne - Personally, I believe the time is near. I trust the other Christians on this site will correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears to me that the Bible is addressing two different groups of people: people in the Middle East, and people "living in ease". The Bible is mainly "Israel-centric", or perhaps "Middle-East-centric". If you look at a world map, it's easy to see an ever-expanding circle (a circle centered in the Middle-East) of countries that are falling into social or financial chaos: Egypt, Syria, Sudan, Afghanistan, Greece, Russia, Ukraine. As the circle expands and the chaos increases, there'll be more people looking for a Messiah to lead us back to prosperity. Those of us in the West, those of us "living in ease", are only now seeing signs of decay in our societies, and already the idea of a "Messiah" was floated during the last two Presidential elections. No, President Obama is NOT the Anti-Christ, but the idea of a "Messiah" has become a part of our national dialogue. According to the Bible, a false Messiah will appear and will be accepted by the world, followed by the true Messiah.

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 1

No. Neither Jesus nor the Christ will come back. Don't wait for someone to come back and "save" you. Find your own answers.

After I "accepted Jesus as my personal savior" I was assured that I could do nothing else in my life. Every knowledge, every achievement, every further step - all is worthless! A sort of zombie...

After I "accepted Jesus as my personal savior" I was assured that I could do nothing else in my life. Every knowledge, every achievement, every further step - all is worthless! A sort of zombie...

Damian - you must have gone to the same church I did! It was incredibly discouraging to hear that kind of talk. I had to lean on Luke 6:48, the parable of the man who "dug deep" and laid a foundation on the rock. Even in the best of churches we sometimes have to dig through the errors and misguided teaching to get to the truth. Your efforts have worth, Damian, and the gifts you have are extremely valuable.

• Like 2

No. Happy to bet you my entire wealth on that one. ;-)

Course you are, it's a sure bet. You win and Jesus doesn't return, you win the bet and any associated wager. You lose, the world ends, and you don't have to pay the wager you put forward anyway. That's not a very big risk/reward position for you. I'd take the same wager to be honest :yes: