Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange phone encounters

Puterpaws

Only weird calls I get are from salesmen!

I've got 2 stories that could relate to this.

1st. My aunt who currently lives in the country was at home one way when the home phone rang. She picked it up and at first there was just heavy breathing, then someone on the other end said "Silly Mommy" in a little girls voice but according to her it was like a guy saying it in a girls voice. Could be a prank call but then while she was in the bathroom (her phone was on the counter about 6 feet away) the phone just span around and flew at her feet. Then when she was on her way to work, her phone was in the cup holder in the middle part when the phone suddenly went off with email alerts, texts coming through etc but when she went to check the phone nothing to suggest any texts or emails were received.

2nd This one is just a short one but when I got my new phone I removed the SIM card out of my old one and into my new one. About a week after I had removed the SIM card I got a text on the old phone (can't remember what it said). But I am still puzzled by this to this day.

Salesmen/sales women, "automatic phone calls", calls that interrupt meals, as if someone knows when I am eating, the kind that hang up after you say "hello" but the ones I finally got was one when I simply just picked up, said nothing as I had not yet quickly swallowed a mouthful of water and intended to say "hello", and it was made by a male, who spoke very quickly, told me to say nothing, and made me aware by his comments, that he was and had been having an affair with my spouse and they had plans to go off together. After having heard all of that, and swallowed the water, I thanked him, in my own rather deep voice, and said I would discuss it with my wife. Love telephones that show where the last call came from, land line or cell. Technology is soooo much fun, at least it is to me. :gun:

have you heard about the red death calls, my brother in law got one at a time it was mass hysteria in india, we all look back and laugh at it

here a link

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?179909-Behind-the-%91Red-Number-Hoax%92

I once recieved a call on a landline, and all I heard were many voices, all yelling and cussing eachother out. I mean, like a LOT of people. It was weird. After a few hello hellos, I just hung up, and never heard it again. But it was very surreal. Like it was some weird party-line, where you could call up and just scream obscenities at strangers or something. Too weird.

This isnt anything mystic at all but obviously something weird went on with reception... I used to live very close to a hospital.

One day I got the ambulance message to my local hospital saying they were about to arrive, the sound of the voice came out of my TV (cutting off for a moment my normal TV reception.. my TV lost its normal picture and the tv show voice while this happened). I lived in that house for several years and this was the only time this happened with me picking up an ambulance transmission on my TV

Edited by sea-dove

I once recieved a call on a landline, and all I heard were many voices, all yelling and cussing eachother out. I mean, like a LOT of people. It was weird. After a few hello hellos, I just hung up, and never heard it again. But it was very surreal. Like it was some weird party-line, where you could call up and just scream obscenities at strangers or something. Too weird.

That happened to me once too. Sounded like people arguing.

My wife claims to have heard her father state her name (first and middle) clearly while on a mobile phone call with me, shortly after he had passed away.

Since I didn't hear anything, and I can't support or refute what actually happened--well, I can, but she doesn't want to talk about it--I guess I'll just leave her to her strange experience.

• Like 1