Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why can't some people see ghosts?

Hvashi

Because ghosts/spirits reside on Astral Plane / Spirit World A.K.A Fourth Dimension. Some people's souls are really degenerated and some are naturally opened to Astral to some extent. So some people are able to see them and some aren't.

I recently heard from a member a UFO believer that I don't believe in visitors from outer space because I'm not psychologically capable of accepting such a world shattering idea.

Some of the religious crowd tell me I don't believe in God because I am inclined toward a sinful life and want an excuse to sin or because I am angry at God and refuse to accept his existence as a result.

I've heard psychic believers say that the skeptics can't be shown examples of psychic powers working because their negative psychic energy negates and positive results.

And here comes someone to tell us that the reason some people can't see ghosts is because of a degenerated soul.

Same old story.

• Like 6

I have always wondered about people who've never seen nor experienced anything paranormal. They adamantly deny the existence of ghosts with the same response, "well, I've never seen one, so they must not exist". I look at them in incredulity because my own experience is the exact opposite. I know that each individual has a subjective viewpoint, but I cannot fathom how somehow has never seen anything even remotely curious or peculiar to make them question.

Why do you think some people are apparently unable to see spirits or ghosts?

There is always the possibility the paranormal exists only in the imagination.

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 2

Because ghosts/spirits reside on Astral Plane / Spirit World A.K.A Fourth Dimension. Some people's souls are really degenerated and some are naturally opened to Astral to some extent. So some people are able to see them and some aren't.

To see astral plane,astral entities,first of all you have to open your astral senses,i.e; Claiyovance points (astral seeing) & Clairaudience points ( astral hearing). Human soul is degenerated since the enemy programs of gentile populace enslavement came in like chrisitanity,judiaism and islam that systematically removed the occult knowledge and placed in the hands of chosen few who rule over the entire world,the jews, with the help of the magick they do behind the doors of vatican city.

http://www.exposingchristianity.com

And you know this how?

• Like 1

Here's something to think for sceptics (as you like to challenge the thinking of believers, why not turn the tables):

If ghosts do exist, assuming they do, would you be interested in knowing that they exist and how would you go about reassuring yourself of their existence if the methods you devise and think are good to that ends, keep failing one after another? What new methods you hadn't thought of or didn't give enough credit before would you be willing to try?

Edited by Mikko-kun
  • Like 1

I don't think I've recounted any of my personal ghost-encounter stories because of the nature of the things one cannot be sure, and even if there is some real thing going on here how can we know it's the spirit of a dead person? For all we know it could be something along the lines of Jinn.

More likely of course is that this is another of those things that get elaborated in the retelling until a false memory is created.

see next post!

Edited by jamesjr191

Here's something to think for sceptics (as you like to challenge the thinking of believers, why not turn the tables):

If ghosts do exist, assuming they do, would you be interested in knowing that they exist and how would you go about reassuring yourself of their existence if the methods you devise and think are good to that ends, keep failing one after another? What new methods you hadn't thought of or didn't give enough credit before would you be willing to try?

sure, I'd look at new options or ideas. Look at and consider, I didn't say pursue.

• Like 3

I recently heard from a member a UFO believer that I don't believe in visitors from outer space because I'm not psychologically capable of accepting such a world shattering idea.

Some of the religious crowd tell me I don't believe in God because I am inclined toward a sinful life and want an excuse to sin or because I am angry at God and refuse to accept his existence as a result.

I've heard psychic believers say that the skeptics can't be shown examples of psychic powers working because their negative psychic energy negates and positive results.

And here comes someone to tell us that the reason some people can't see ghosts is because of a degenerated soul.

Same old story.

I give you a perfect example of how being ignorant can lead one to his own damnation and causes death while knowledge gives life.

An insect lives only 2-3 months during summer,given this fact it shall never know anything about "winter" because it hasn't experienced winter season. So, to the insect the winter season doesn't exist because it hasn't experienced it. That means if one doesn't believe in something just because he hasn't experienced it doesn't mean that *something* doesn't exist !

Edited by mash7
  • Like 1

I'm not alone in the world who knows this.

Very few people in the world are alone in what they believe.

That doesn't make them right.

• Like 3

I give you a perfect example of how being ignorant can lead one to his own damnation and causes death while knowledge gives life.

An insect lives only 2-3 months during summer,given this fact it shall never know anything about "winter" because it hasn't experienced winter season. So, to the insect the winter season doesn't exist because it hasn't experienced it. That means if one doesn't believe in something just because he hasn't experienced it doesn't mean that *something* doesn't exist !

I agree. The fact that I haven't seen a ghost is not proof they don't exist. I've never said that or argued that and it's not an argument I've ever heard put forward by anyone.

The post you quoted of mine was not making that argument. It was pointing out the tired fact that you, like many others who argue for various ideas, resort to what are basically insults to explain why others don't believe in what you believe. They have "souls that are really degenerate" (your exact words), exude nothing but negative psychic energy, are psychologically weak, etc.

Do you think that's a productive or useful way of engaging others? To tell them that they don't see the evidence because they have a degenerated soul?

• Like 5

It's not about reassurance. It is about demonstrating there are clear physical reasons why some sentient, ethereal part of a person would remain after death. The notion of that is rooted more in superstition and religious belief than in reality. Despite the fact neuroscience has shown the brain (therefore consciousness) to be a complex symphony of electro-chemical processes there are those who still feel compelled to believe there is something mystical and magical going on.

• Like 3

I'm not alone in the world who knows this.

My point is, it is more about belief than fact.

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 1

99% of these skeptics would NOT stay in a haunted house alone for the night so what does that tell you? I believe presences are real and anyone who says no is lying

And you base that on what? We are conditioned from an early age to believe such things either directly or indirectly. There may even be some primal directive that sets that up. I don't know. Anyway, it takes some effort to discipline yourself to not be carried away with blind fear and look at things with a more critical eye.

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 2

And you know this how?

Thank you, Sinewave!

Thank you,

Edited by Kasha
  • Like 3

It's not about reassurance. It is about demonstrating there are clear physical reasons why some sentient, ethereal part of a person would remain after death. The notion of that is rooted more in superstition and religious belief than in reality. Despite the fact neuroscience has shown the brain (therefore consciousness) to be a complex symphony of electro-chemical processes there are those who still feel compelled to believe there is something mystical and magical going on.

So personal experiences are superstition and religious beliefs in your book. Okay.

So personal experiences are superstition and religious beliefs in your book. Okay.

Its about as good as superstition. If it wouldn't hold up in the court of law (the epitome of objectivity [sarcasm]) why should anybody have to accept a fundamental truth of the universe based solely on that.

• Like 3

I have always wondered about people who've never seen nor experienced anything paranormal. They adamantly deny the existence of ghosts with the same response, "well, I've never seen one, so they must not exist". I look at them in incredulity because my own experience is the exact opposite. I know that each individual has a subjective viewpoint, but I cannot fathom how somehow has never seen anything even remotely curious or peculiar to make them question.

Why do you think some people are apparently unable to see spirits or ghosts?

I have a pretty good camera and that seems to cure all types of hauntings, ghost sightings and other paranormal activity. Rids the yard of cryptids as well.

• Like 5

They are not proof of anything. Anyone can say they experienced something. It does not make the experience real let alone paranormal. If you remove superstition and religious dogma there is nothing to explain ghosts and the paranormal in general.

Its about as good as superstition. If it wouldn't hold up in the court of law (the epitome of objectivity [sarcasm]) why should anybody have to accept a fundamental truth of the universe based solely on that.

Then consider the fact that we are insignificant in terms of the Universe and and have only existed for a few moments. How could something fundamental to our being be so inconsistent with the way the rest of the Universe works? It makes no sense and smacks of the kinds of religious dogma that put man / Earth in the center of the Universe. That dogma was challenged and eventually overturned by Copernicus and Galileo.

• Like 1

Then consider the fact that we are insignificant in terms of the Universe and and have only existed for a few moments. How could something fundamental to our being be so inconsistent with the way the rest of the Universe works? It makes no sense and smacks of the kinds of religious dogma that put man / Earth in the center of the Universe. That dogma was challenged and eventually overturned by Copernicus and Galileo.

That was the close to the point I was making, unless we are misunderstanding each other. I'm squarely on the side of scientific objectivity.

• Like 1

Well you all make your own choises. You choose to think that I believe in only personal experiences and nothing more, be my quest. You choose to invalidate the personal experiences you have, be my quest. However, if you want to find something new, be it ghosts or bigfoot or ki or whatever it is you think might be out there, and can't find it, my core principle is to step outside a box if you can't find it. To step outside a box doesn't mean you have to subscribe to the idea for the rest of your life nor sell your soul to the devil, but hey, if that's what you wanna think or try make it sound like that to others, I'm not stopping you. I guess you might find something down that kinda road you walk, who am I to tell that... I'm just highly sceptical of that. But it's your road, not mine.

That was the close to the point I was making, unless we are misunderstanding each other. I'm squarely on the side of scientific objectivity.

I know. Just agreeing. :)

Well you all make your own choises. You choose to think that I believe in only personal experiences and nothing more, be my quest. You choose to invalidate the personal experiences you have, be my quest. However, if you want to find something new, be it ghosts or bigfoot or ki or whatever it is you think might be out there, and can't find it, my core principle is to step outside a box if you can't find it. To step outside a box doesn't mean you have to subscribe to the idea for the rest of your life nor sell your soul to the devil, but hey, if that's what you wanna think or try make it sound like that to others, I'm not stopping you. I guess you might find something down that kinda road you walk, who am I to tell that... I'm just highly sceptical of that. But it's your road, not mine.

Absolutely, to each his own. If you find comfort in the belief, go for it. Some people are just OK with the idea that their dreams however vivid, coincidences however weird, perceptual miscues however convincing are just the way our brains work and are not connections to some larger reality.

I have a pretty good camera and that seems to cure all types of hauntings, ghost sightings and other paranormal activity. Rids the yard of cryptids as well.

It's a miracle device, I tell you.

• Like 1