Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China's Lunar Defence Obliteration Zone

seeder

China declares Lunar Defence Obliteration Zone

Following the successful launch of its first lunar rover, the Chinese government has declared a defensive zone extending vertically from China into space and encompassing the moon.

The Lunar Defense Obliteration Zone, according to newly appointed space minister Wu Houyi, “will protect China’s core interests and interplanetary sovereignty.” All foreign spacecraft, satellites, comets and space debris must notify China before passing through or into the zone.

http://chinadailymail.com/2013/12/17/china-declares-lunar-defence-obliteration-zone/

Gotta love the Chinese...

• Like 2

I suspect April starts a week early in China.

• Like 1

That`s a joke, isn`t it?

• Like 1

The part about threatening to make an orbital debri field (which will wipe out satelites) is the sickest part in my opinion.

• Like 1

Comets must notify China before passing through it's zone? Yeah good luck with that one..

If a Comet passes in that zone there would be bigger problems.

Oh c'mon, did no-one read it a bit further after noticing the ridiculous nature of the claim details?

I quote from the site (my emphasis):

Ministry of Harmony is a website WHICH USES SATIRE to highlight China’s reluctance to conform to international precedents and laws.

It's a JOKE, Joyce.

• Like 5

Oh c'mon, did no-one read it a bit further after noticing the ridiculous nature of the claim details?

I quote from the site (my emphasis):

It's a JOKE, Joyce.

But which is funnier, that people fell for the joke or that most people think this is within the realm of possibility for China to claim?

• Like 1

Given that this is a satirical piece and not a genuine news item I'll close this down.

Closed.