Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Poltergeist' activity filmed inside store

Patient Zero

Here is some analysis :

1. The trajectory of the object is unusual. Anyone who understands physic well will easily see it : the object rotates for sometime when flying up and then fall down (throw down) at high speed with a 90° angle. There is no acceleration when falling down, it's a constant speed. Therefore we can dismiss natural causes such as vibration or explosion nearby => man (ghost) made.

2. The object is quite heavy so in order to throw it to the ground with such force, a string is needed. But as we can see, there is none. But the because of the good video editing skill today, hide it is quite easy, we can't just ignore the fact that the video is edited.

If all possibilities are proven wrong, then the remaining is the absolute truth.

Sam, If i had a job I would buy a cake stand and replicate the event and do a video. alas I am jobless.

There's always work available for a guy that isnt worried about gettin' shot or arrested and subsequently shanked

by your cell mate who insists upon tucking you in at night and kissing you on the forehead.

The help wanted ad's aren't quite what they used to be.

:) Hang in there brother, you'll be alright!

• Like 3

I mean, I have thought about the possibility of it being for publicity myself. I never expected it to get past our local news. The fact that it even made it here is astonishing. I was really shocked when I saw it was the newest story on here. I've been visiting this website for like... seven years? And I haven't seen New Hampshire mentioned more than once or twice in the past. (That I have remember, at least.)

I guess it remains to be seen, whether they are lucky, or it was all a plan. Lets see if TAPS pays them a visit!!!!

Edited by DemonicCupcake
  • Like 2

I mean, I have thought about the possibility of it being for publicity myself. I never expected it to get past our local news. The fact that it even made it here is astonishing. I was really shocked when I saw it was the newest story on here. I've been visiting this website for like... seven years? And I haven't seen New Hampshire mentioned more than once or twice in the past. (That I have remember, at least.)

I guess it remains to be seen, whether they are lucky, or it was all a plan. Lets see if TAPS pays them a visit!!!!

Sometimes people do things for silly reasons. It doesn't have to be sinister or greedy in nature. Humans are mischevious animals and we love to have our fun.

I had a chance to review at the footage with better tools last night. After a much closer look I am even more convinced that this could have been done as a very low tech prank. I almost doubt the girl working there (who seems very upset that people are doubting her) was in on it. She may have been the target of the prank.

Or ... I guess it could have been a ghost.

Well it does look like something a poltergeist would do.... I think its real

Well it does look like something a poltergeist would do.... I think its real

But, it also looks like something a human would do....

• Like 3

it doesn't fall right.

it looks odd the way it hits the floor too. and where does it go when it disappears?

• Like 2

it doesn't fall right.

it looks odd the way it hits the floor too. and where does it go when it disappears?

I looked at this frame by frame last night. It looks like it is pulled by the top handle toward the back of the counter with a quick jerking motion which tips it on it's side toward the back wall. It continues over on to it's top and rolls along the counter for a foot or so sideways until it's momentum carries ot off the back of the counter.

If it was a ghost that did it then he/she was standing behind the counter and pulled the cake cover backward by the top handle and then let it roll off the back.

It is also completely consistent with someone jerking a string wrapped around the top of the cake cover located behind and possibly below the back of the counter (the person could easily be out of frame). The remaining roll was just the jar's momentum. If it had been struck from the front or lifted from above it would have slid more or landed differently.

The cake cover doesn't dissapear before it hits the floor. That's just data loss in the frame and pretty common for light objects on cctv.

Edited by Calibeliever
  • Like 2

I wonder if there is any OTHER so-called phenom that has been CCTV recorded at this location.

Or, is this the only one?

I'm not really sure if there was more at this location. I know that haunting claims in this area are fairly common due to how many old Native American burial sites there are around these parts. My father is the manager of a auto collision center in Tilton NH. It is by the water. I was filing for him one day, and while he was on the phone, the front door opened and closed. I went right around the corner to check for him, since they are closed on Saturdays, and I was going to inform the customer, but nobody was there, opened the door, nobody outside, not a single sound. It is a newly renovated building they just moved to. The doors are very heavy metal and glass, sorta hard to open, and they push open from the inside (Pull from the outside) it wasn't windy, and even if it was, like I said, it pulls from the outside, not push. We were the only two there. I did everything in my power to debunk it, but it was simply impossible. Little things often have been happening there, since they moved the shop to that building about three months ago. My father suspects it may be the spirits of Native Americans haunting the place, considering it is on the edge of a very large old river system. Whether it is a Native American spirit, or a lapse in time causing the re-occurrence of past/future events, "hauntings" of this kind are very much common around here.

• Like 2

It just slid off. That's all.

Some customer put the cover back on wrong.

If she would show the whole day you could find the person who put it on wrong.

It's a pity that all cctv footage is so grainy. Makes it hard to determine whether any props were involved.

It just slid off. That's all.

Some customer put the cover back on wrong.

If she would show the whole day you could find the person who put it on wrong.

how do you know
  • Like 2

Little things often have been happening there, since they moved the shop to that building about three months ago. My father suspects it may be the spirits of Native Americans haunting the place, considering it is on the edge of a very large old river system. Whether it is a Native American spirit, or a lapse in time causing the re-occurrence of past/future events, "hauntings" of this kind are very much common around here.

Sounds like a neat place. If I lived anywhere near there I'd love to be part of an investigation. I hope someone does one soon and posts some good stuff!

*** BE AWARE ***

If you want to go to any of the sites mentioned below,

the EVM links, make sure your virus software is active !!!

My Avast would capture a virus every time I went:from

*snip*

(the two EVM links below).

*** BE AWARE ***

On first blush I was concerned that the gray blotch was a Photoshop smudge to hide a person's head and arm--at the place where the customer pays for merchandise/hiding behind the counter--but I suppose poltergeists could appear as a gray blotch. :w00t:

post-145966-0-02436500-1397154067_thumb.

post-145966-0-46363000-1397155218_thumb.

I inspected it further by running it through MIT's new video processor, the *snip* (EVM). The implementation is at *snip*

That magnified the motion captured on the video and it shows up as quick, temporary, dark places in the area in which motion occurs. Only the Cake Lid should be seen to be moving, however, different points of the gray blotch are moving at various times, but then perhaps it is the poltergeist.

This is the resulting EVM : *snip*

It was fun to play with it.

I had my fun, now you guys can have fun deciding if what I did has any meaning...

:devil: .

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
Removed potentially harmful links
  • Like 1

Cool stuff, the clarified vid shows a possible image manipulation job where the actors have been seemingly dleted or brushed out of the frames but the glass object left in or its the first 'Ghostly' vid I've ever seen :)

*** BE AWARE ***

*snip*

*** BE AWARE ***

Please read the PM coming your way

• Like 1

*** BE AWARE ***

*snip*

Kinda daft, No evidence is worth the virus infection.

• Like 2

The thing that is interesting about most videos like this is how perfectly framed the moving objects are. The cameras are very often perfectly placed to pickup the action. In this case it is dead center in the frame.

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 2

*** BE AWARE ***

*snip*

*** BE AWARE ***

On first blush I was concerned that the gray blotch was a Photoshop smudge to hide a person's head and arm--at the place where the customer pays for merchandise/hiding behind the counter--but I suppose poltergeists could appear as a gray blotch. :w00t:

post-145966-0-02436500-1397154067_thumb.

post-145966-0-46363000-1397155218_thumb.

I inspected it further by running it through MIT's new video processor, the *snip* (EVM). The implementation is at *snip*

That magnified the motion captured on the video and it shows up as quick, temporary, dark places in the area in which motion occurs. Only the Cake Lid should be seen to be moving, however, different points of the gray blotch are moving at various times, but then perhaps it is the poltergeist.

This is the resulting EVM : *snip*

It was fun to play with it.

I had my fun, now you guys can have fun deciding if what I did has any meaning...

:devil: .

Good work.

Kinda daft, No evidence is worth the virus infection.

Unfortunately, the third *snip* was completely unnecessary. I reiterate the statement "(the two EVM links below)."

The third link is not an EVM site/link, but a video of the EVM result placed on another sight for the convenience of access--a site I control! A site with no virus on a server with no virus, with a host that has no virus!

The third *snip* was the evidence provided so no one would be exposed to any virus--otherwise they might have been.

I also realized that, being a curious bunch of people, someone here would:

• desire to look up the MITs EVM information (and thereby get exposed to a virus)
  • desire to replicate the experiment (and thereby get exposed to a virus)

​They would Google EVM and such would send them directly into the path of a virus, as it did me. Thus the warning...

So, one could actually say that providing the warning and the two links may have been an attempt to save a few people lots of pain.

But the rules are the rules! And I accept the fact that in doing so, I earned the punishment of a reprimand.

====================

Now the only thing I need is a definition of what you mean by "Kinda daft". That seems to be a remark, not on the topic, but on the person making the remark. That too is a No-no! I wonder, "Have you gotten a reprimand"

I think what you said will apply to your remark not to me. And that is funny! lol