Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious plume detected in New Mexico

UM-Bot

Weather experts have been baffled by a mysterious plume that erupted over a missile testing site.

The plume first appeared last Monday over the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico which is close to where the first atomic bomb was detonated back in 1945.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/264185/mysterious-plume-detected-in-new-mexico

What the articles don't sauy is that if a nuclear weapon had been exploded every geiger counter in at least a 5 state area would've recorded it.

• Like 6

Shall we speculate/venture a guess that a previous nulclear explosion broke the time barrier and showed itself now? I guess it would be more palsible if there was some sign of increased radiation.

• Like 1

I have to say at first glance my reaction was "nothing to see here". We see storms pop-up like this all the time across this region and the mid-west. They seemingly materialize out of nowhere. It wasn't until I read that it was definitely not a rain event that I scratched my head.

• Like 2

Shall we speculate/venture a guess that a previous nulclear explosion broke the time barrier and showed itself now?

I had that same thought. Great minds think alike I guess.

I was stationed at White Sands years ago... Believe me.. there is NO WAY to have a secret nuclear burst there... Also, with El Paso directly South, Alamogordo to the East, Las Cruces to the West and Albuquerque to the North, it is not a safe place

to have this type of explosion... No matter which way the wind blows it would affect a large metro area... Besides, WSMR (White Sands Missile Range) is just that.. a Missile Range... Not a nuclear test site (at least, not any more)...

Also seismologists from this half of the world would have detected it...

• Like 1

It is surprisingly difficult to find a map of weather fronts from a week ago. I'm still leaning toward weather event.

Hmm... can't seem to find news about this on any reliable source whatsoever. Daily Mail doesn't count.

Is there a safe handling limit or critical mass for New Mexico roasted chiles? Those things are HOT!

No wonder cancer is high, That crap gets in the atmosphere.

The actual plume can be seen here. The mushroom cloud in the photo is not the plume.

http://www.dailymail...s_campaign=1490

There have been been no eyewitness reports or photographs of the plume, and no official statements from agencies involved in either missile testing or geology.

Edited by stereologist

Roswell 2: Electric Boogaloo.

It's a DOD missile testing site. Why all the fuss?

Could be anything from a "new-generation" air-to-surface missile, a storage depot accidental explosion, or a weird weather phenom.

Just some thoughts.

• Like 1

Surely if it was an atomic blast an earthquake center would have picked it up.

Surely if it was an atomic blast an earthquake center would have picked it up.

Or the radiation center...

Besides it shows no Radcon 2 Rising Radiation or Radcon 3 Elevated Radiation no where near the plume was seen, if something did happen and I wouldn't feel too safe to see it so close to home. If you take notice of the Radiation Map, you will notice U.S. and Japan have the highest radiation levels in the whole world. That doesn't mean we are conducting nuclear testing, most countries don't have the radiation measurements like U.S. and Japan does.

On a side note: I never notice how far out Hawaii is in the Pacific Ocean, how did humans manage to migrate there or find these islands?

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1