Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monster 15-inch rat terrorises Swedish family

Still Waters

A Swedish family suffered the shock of a lifetime when they discovered that the 'kitchen mouse' that had their cat running around in circles was in fact a gigantic monster rat.

The Bengtsson-Korsas family first noticed something was wrong when their cat Enok refused to enter the kitchen in their flat in Solna, north-west Stockholm.

The rat measured 15 inches, without its tail, and had made it into the family's flat by gnawing a tunnel between a wooden panel and concrete.

http://www.dailymail...s_campaign=1490

• Like 3

That is one scary Rat, hope they aren't evolving to be that big or you'll need to have a bobcat as a house cat.

• Like 1

I thought all Scandinavians were hardened fighting trolls. Disappointing...

• Like 3

Crikey, 15 inches without the tail! Thats quite a beastie!

I wonder if it was someones escaped pet? Being in such good condition and so big?

• Like 1

Camouflaged Chihuahua! :yes:

• Like 1

That's gonna make a lot of ratatouille.

That is made with rats, right...? :unsure2:

• Like 2

Shame they had to kill it. I had a pet rat and he was pretty big but he was the sweetest animal ever. Rats are so intelligent too. I can't imagine one that size though. Would make an awesome pet. :) Much more amusing than my tubby little guinea pigs. ;)

Ninja turtles....Princess Bride...Pokemon....where do I go with this.

Ok here's one

So, I guess steroids was NIHM's secret

All Scandinavians are troll-hunters!!. We just hunt the occasional rat now and then when we run out of trolls..

But mostly it is just trolls on the menu. Like this>> :yes:;)

[media=]

All Scandinavians are troll-hunters!!. We just hunt the occasional rat now and then when we run out of trolls..

But mostly it is just trolls on the menu. Like this>> :yes:;)

[media=]

Love that movie. Made a point to show it to every person I know, even tying them down to chairs if I had to.

• Like 2

Love that movie. Made a point to show it to every person I know, even tying them down to chairs if I had to.

Lol, yeah it's pretty good actually. They made another movie about another Norwegian folklore tale, called

called Thale, about the Huldra.

Crikey, 15 inches without the tail! Thats quite a beastie!

I wonder if it was someones escaped pet? Being in such good condition and so big?

which might explain why it wasn't afraid - all my pet rats that i've had were never afraid of any person however they always came snuggling up to me so perhaps they misunderstood the rats intentions.

• Like 1

We are. But that's a damned big rat!

Honestly, though, I'm a bit suspicious of the comically-oversize mouse trap that the exterminators conveniently had in stock.

• Like 1

I read that the rat had gnawed through concrete and through a metallic hose to the dishwasher before coming in to the kitchen. It's quite amazing to imagine them gnawing through concrete, but under the threat of fire they even eat through hardened reinforced concrete if the have to.

Makes me think about 1984 and Room 101 with the strap-on rat-cage-device on this guys head. A blowtorch at the end, I think, where the rats are, and have them riled up for a little while by the heat, then open up the small gate into the other cage where this guys face is the only thing blocking the rats from escaping the fire. They would chew and gnaw their way through that mans face and scull alive in a matter of seconds.

This scores pretty high up on my Ways-I-dont-wanna-die:list.

room-101-rats-ingsoc-1984-spirit-of-england-peter-crawford.jpeg

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 1

oh my shattered nerves!

i would freak right out of my skin if i saw that in my house

• Like 1

Than can chew through concrete and carries some of the most deadly diseases that mankind has ever faced.

Edited by Hida Akechi
  • Like 2

What's so scary about rats? It's just like a guinea pig or a hamster with a long tail.

They are wild animals that should be avoided just like any other. As adorable as raccoons and fox are you don't walk up to them to try and pet them. The main difference is, unlike most other wild animals, they don't have the decency not to invade your home.

• Like 1

I had a rat in my house the other day.

I heard it screech and when I ran to the kitchen my cat was looking under the fridge. I got down on the floor with a torch and couldnt see anything. And then, like a scene from Aliens, I saw a massive tail unfurl from the underside of the fridge, and a huge rat shauffled into sight. It was quite a shock when I was expecting to see a mouse. After I'd finally chased him out he went up the wall like a spider and did a suicide jump out of the second story window.

I found out he was coming stright from the sewers, up a drain pipe, though the wall where the kitchen sink drainage pipe exits, and behind the cupboards. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I think about those sandwiches I made on the worktop without a plate.

• Like 3