Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New software can spot Bigfoot hoax videos

UM-Bot

Someone took time, probably moey too, to make some software for this? jeeze, we debunk bigfoot on here all the time, have these people not heard about UM?

MIT made it to help with medical diagnoses and then offered it as Open Source software to whoever wants to download it. The Bigfoot guy is simply applying it to his interests and I can almost guarantee that no one at MIT ever contemplated this use. :yes:

• Like 1

MIT made it to help with medical diagnoses and then offered it as Open Source software to whoever wants to download it. The Bigfoot guy is simply applying it to his interests and I can almost guarantee that no one at MIT ever contemplated this use. :yes:

the bigfoot guy is wasting his time with this IMO...from the article:

Frustrated by the current state of Bigfoot research, Knapp hopes to encourage widespread use of the software to rule out the fakers and hoaxers. "There are numerous individuals out there, that for whatever reason present false evidence," he said.

Figuring out the false evidence is not a problem, its been done time and time again, (without any software) and false evidence will be produced in the future too, this is not going to stop them. It seems he has time on his hands to play about with what was originally made for a very good purpose, i guess you are right, they never contemplated it would be used for something so useless.

the bigfoot guy is wasting his time with this IMO...from the article:

Frustrated by the current state of Bigfoot research, Knapp hopes to encourage widespread use of the software to rule out the fakers and hoaxers. "There are numerous individuals out there, that for whatever reason present false evidence," he said.

Figuring out the false evidence is not a problem, its been done time and time again, (without any software) and false evidence will be produced in the future too, this is not going to stop them. It seems he has time on his hands to play about with what was originally made for a very good purpose, i guess you are right, they never contemplated it would be used for something so useless.

It does show the usefulness of this software and I wonder how many other, albeit a little more beneficial, uses might be discovered because of the publicity this bigfoot guy has generated for the program.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

Uhhh...Santa is real sir! next you are going to claim that Ghost,Aleins and Godzilla are not real ? Be careful speaking of the Jolly one, an army of kids with runny noses and sticky, candy coated hands will flash mob you.

Aliens are real and have taught us most of what we know, some species even make deals with the government.How about you go read some books? All of you. You might learn something and I have references that can't be protested with on this. Hell, go type in 'spaceship' and 'ancient art' and you have your evidence. Since most want **** served up to them.

Aliens are real and have taught us most of what we know, some species even make deals with the government.How about you go read some books? All of you. You might learn something and I have references that can't be protested with on this. Hell, go type in 'spaceship' and 'ancient art' and you have your evidence. Since most want **** served up to them.

Oh my word! Oh gosh! I dont even know where to start here

Please elaborate and tell us just what knowledge the "alien's" have bestowed on us?

Edited by 6.6.6

Hmm! Taught us everything we know? There are books out there which tell us about "the evolution of man", so far these books have far more evidence and credence than any alien books.

Ancient art does not indicate proof of aliens, many are proof they saw comets.

As for aliens making deals with the governmments, I find it much more plausable that some of our governments make deals with the devil, but do not quote me on that, its a figure of speech.

• Like 1

2cmt2e8.jpg
  • Like 1

No, no, by all means, you brought this up, go ahead and show your references and we'll decide if they can't be protested or not.

• Like 1

Yes we are all lazy here and haven't heard this tripe before until you came along to enlighten us. Let me give you a little hint, I am betting that every single one of the books you are going on about has been were written by a fraud or a charlatan looking to make a buck by taking dollars from suckers like you and is full of bad science, false claims and outright invented results.

• Like 4

So where do I get the software. I can run every supposed bigfoot video including patty/gimlin and watch a big red "FAKE" appear on the screen.

So where do I get the software. I can run every supposed bigfoot video including patty/gimlin and watch a big red "FAKE" appear on the screen.

Not sure but I am guessing some training is required

Someone took time, probably moey too, to make some software for this? jeeze, we debunk bigfoot on here all the time, have these people not heard about UM?

Absolutely! It's that place where evidences proving BF"s exist get posted all the time LoL :yes:

• Like 1

Has anyone tested this with a control--say, a poor-resolution video of a confirmed person in a confirmed gorilla suit? Let's get some tests rolling before we decide whether or not it works.

• Like 1

Has anyone tested this with a control--say, a poor-resolution video of a confirmed person in a confirmed gorilla suit? Let's get some tests rolling before we decide whether or not it works.

Waiting for the confirmed to confirm the funding.

The software was designed for medical diagnosis and then Open Sourced, which means they allow everyone to use the software without license or cost and it is out in the wild at that point. Great software, weird use but it has nothing to do with the folks that designed it and didn't cost anyone a dime.

Edited by Merc14

I did not read all the comments so this may have already been said, but why not test it on 1. a live gorilla, 2. a CGI gorilla, 3. a man in a lifelike gorilla suit. If it can consistently pick the live gorilla then perhaps you have a viable tool for analyzing these bigfoot videos. Given the poor quality of most of the videos however, I am not holding my breath.