Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wealthy man 'forgot' boat in Swedish harbour

BiffSplitkins

A wealthy man has come forward to claim a luxury boat that has been floating in a Swedish harbour for at least two years, after he apparently forgot all about it.

The boat's Norwegian owner says he intended to sell the vessel in 2012 - and was under the impression that he had, Expressen GT newspaper reports. The boat, said to be worth as much as $108,000 (£65,000), was moored in the Swedish town of Stromstad, close to Norway's southern border. The keys were tied to the railings for all to see.

Eventually, police issued a Facebook appeal for any information about its owner. The appeal was picked up by Norwegian media, including national broadcaster NRK, especially after items such as newspapers and a diary on board the US-made Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee suggested there was a Norwegian link.

READ MORE

He forgot about it for two years? Sheesh, you would think he would have remembered about it 'scooner' than that. :whistle:

I wonder if he's currently thinking....*Drat, now where did I put my airplane?*

It must be nice to be 'that' rich to just forget about yacht.

• Like 1

It's a wonder no one just grabbed the keys and made off with it after it hadn't moved for 2 years.

• Like 2

I hope he doesn't have kids. He's be a horrible soccer mom.

• Like 1