Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hangar 1 TV show

tdwatson

Well you and I both know that every mysterious event can and will be "explained" by our beneficent and wise government.

God, can you get them to tell me how to predict a tornado.

Perhaps a weather balloon, perhaps Swamp Gas, perhaps thousands of people all experiencing mass hallucinations at the same time, perhaps military flares. Fear not, every mysterious event will be 'explained' to the satisfaction of those seeking wisdom and guidance from their government. :tu:

And you are saying that such not only does not happen here, but of something that looked like this did happen, it would not be a mundane explanation that tells us what is going on, but an exotic one with aliens? I'd love to see you actually take responsibility for the garbage you post and back that up.

Have you ever even once in your life managed to prove any single one of these "explanations" to be incorrect?

I didn't think so. Put your money where your mouth is BR, if you can get it past all that BS flowing out.

Merc... the victims list of these "frauds and hucksters" as you call them, is about 80 million people long. Many of the "frauds and hucksters" are in our own Government (CIA, FBI, military, etc.). You seem heavily invested in the status-quo... otherwise you wouldn't attach such emotion to your attempts at rationale. i say this: "be well... your fragile, egg-shell mind CAN handle the TRUTH!

You will find that number drops dramatically once you have the epiphany that UFO does not, and never did mean ET.

• Like 1

How would that claim(s) not more likely indicate the catalyst for a natural phenomena?

UFOS zipping around in a thunderstorm is a natural phenomena?

IDK, I don't like to be that "I haven't seen one, so I don't believe it" kind of guy, but everything I've seen in the sky has had a sane and logical explanation thus far, so I'm afraid I'll have to place my beliefs in ET flying saucers on hold till I actually see one...

So then if a program comes on tv or youtube to debunk a case like this then the same questioning should be asked about credibility of the debunker and source of info.

To believe in it also before checking out the persons credibility and source would also be naïve/gullible. But it always comes down to what an individual chooses to

believe based on their view of the world regardless of the info.

Yes, most definitely. Some debunkers let a zealous nature allow the shameful act of outright lying, as UFOlogists do on a regular basis, justify more lies, but 2 wrongs do not make a right.

It should come down to what can be proven. Not made up to sound good. Even if a case has specifics that cannot be proven, context of the situation can be a strong indicator of who be on the level.

A good example being the sacred documentary 'Ancient Aliens Debunked'.

Who produced it? An Evangelist Christian named Chris White. Any possible bias there? Now let me see............

Please illustrate how any Christian belief forms any part of his work.

You will fail at that just as you have at attacking him. I would say his main fault is not giving enough credit to Jason Colavito, where a great deal of that information came from originally from what I can tell.

What have you to say about Jason?

Chris White can distinguish belief from fact, when you can do that you will have started to catch up to everyone else.

Edited by psyche101

What was that phrase ?"Exibit-A " ? :nw:

THe Aliens really are standing off ANd I truley hope at a few Million Light years ! So we dont infect them wit our Stuff !

I thought the Hangar 1 series was great--learned a lot. :tu:

LOL, that's not saying much......

Your going to Love Hangar1 Sunday night then "Z" ! Straight Up Lie`s ! Gary Mc Kennon !

181148-triple_facepalm_super.jpeg

• Like 1

UFOS zipping around in a thunderstorm is a natural phenomena?

Yes, charged particles, and plasma, eg Foo Fighters. The activity is more intense around things like Volcanoes and Earthquakes, which offer many process to highly charge particles in the atmosphere. Similar to the phenomena being studied at Hessdalen.

IDK, I don't like to be that "I haven't seen one, so I don't believe it" kind of guy, but everything I've seen in the sky has had a sane and logical explanation thus far, so I'm afraid I'll have to place my beliefs in ET flying saucers on hold till I actually see one...

Indeed, it's just one of many wild explanations that people have used to explain the unknown, but due to the popular nature of aliens and flying sources derived from pop culture sources ET has taken a grand stand seat where the unknown rears it's head. Every light in the sky that has been explained, has been explained in terrestrial terms. There is no reason to consider this trend will change.

I have seen a couple, and what I saw did not look like a spaceship to me, but natural phenomena.

What was that phrase ?"Exibit-A " ? :nw:

THe Aliens really are standing off ANd I truley hope at a few Million Light years ! So we dont infect them wit our Stuff !

One exhibit A coming right up :D

Now where's exhibit B!!!

Lets infect them with our wit!! :lol:

300px-Wow_signal.jpg

• Like 1

Psyche

Meteorologists have been successfully predicting tornados for quite a few years now. Where ya been?

Psyche

Meteorologists have been successfully predicting tornados for quite a few years now. Where ya been?

Such a wonderful example of ignorance. What great timing. Meteorologists have been predicting that conditions for are good, bad or otherwise for tornado creation but not once have they predicted the birth of an actual tornado, such as at 1:25PM a tornado will be created at latitude x, longitude y and move south at 5 MPH. See the devastation here to understand how wrong you are http://hosted.ap.org...-04-28-00-19-04

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

Also "Z" why is it these shows never have any real scientist to talk on there shows ? Is it they know Its a waist of time. ANd All the People involved are just in it for money ! Just a thought !

Usually they offer very little because they are too driven by personal bias.

A good example is lighthouses. We all know about that don't we?

Edited by zoser

The "real" scientists who opine, are roundly castigated, ostracized, and ridiculed... Stanton Friedman, J.Allen Hynek, et al.
  • Like 1

Psyche

You can supply a list of what will form over the next twelve, months, the paths ,and wind speeds?

I'd be most impressed if you could. As far as I know, they can make a call when the Tornado is imminent, a matter of hours at best, by then, I think most people would be of the same opinion by just looking at the sky. As far as I know, what you label "prediction" is weather watching isn't it? That's reporting, not prediction isn't it?

Can you tell me when the next major Tornado will hit, or where the biggest one this year will hit?

Also, can you tell me how to kill or steer a Tornado? Just ask the Government, according to you, they have all the answers. Also ask them why so many people die each year in Tornados if they can predict them.

The "real" scientists who opine, are roundly castigated, ostracized, and ridiculed... Stanton Friedman, J.Allen Hynek, et al.

J Allen Hynek was ostracised by believers for speaking about science. He was also employed by the Government on Blue Book to consult on UFO cases. The Government paid him to investigate. Do you get that? He was actually paid by the people you say are covering things up, specifically to uncover things, and when he did, FTB's ousted him for the truth. And today make fools of themselves using the expression "swamp gas" which only illustrates how UFOlogy shot itself in the foot so early in the piece.

What Science work has Mr Friedman been doing for the last 30 odd years? You have to practice science, or you become outdated, and lose your skill, just like anything. I seem to have missed the papers he has been submitting. You would not have a link to them by any chance?

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

You are simply jealous because the academic level here stays beyond your reach. Lying about your qualifications also did not work as you lacked the experience to back your claims, so you turned against that which you were to lazy to achieve, and are now trying to create a following. So far you seem to have following of one. But I bet things did not start out rosy for Marshall Applewhite either.

You do not seem to know the first thing about them, you keep posting pictures of them flying, yet you are the only one here who has expressed a deep enough belief to consider that such a ridiculous contraption actually could fly.

You are nowhere near ready to actually try and identify one yet.

• Like 2

Psyche

Maybe you should shut your mouth when asserting that meteorologists can predict tornadoes after you watch this http://www.weather.c...ews/top-stories

Just another example of a baseless assertion by a FTB, regarding the real world of science, proved horribly wrong.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

Edited by Hawkin
  • Like 1

Maybe you should shut your mouth when asserting that meteorologists can predict tornadoes after you watch this http://www.weather.c...ews/top-stories

Just another example of a baseless assertion by a FTB, regarding the real world of science, proved horribly wrong.

Well it's funny Merc. On Saturday and Sunday the National Weather Service predicted that tornadoes would be happening through the south and Midwest because of a weather system working.

Lo & Behold, the tornadoes appeared and raised hell with several communities. Was that magic, Merc, or just modern weather forecasting?

Well it's funny Merc. On Saturday and Sunday the National Weather Service predicted that tornadoes would be happening through the south and Midwest because of a weather system working.

Lo & Behold, the tornadoes appeared and raised hell with several communities. Was that magic, Merc, or just modern weather forecasting?

As I said, they predicted that the conditions were good for producing tornadoes but not once did they predict a tornado would appear at lat x, long y at 1:26pm moving southwest. If that were possible, many lives would've been saved.

What is a tornado watch: A tornado watch is an issued warning that current weather conditions in an area have created the risk for severe weather, especially a tornado.

What is a tornado warning: A tornado warning is a warning that a tornado has already been spotted and is likely to reach the warned place within a very short period of time.

The holy grail would be to predict that when and where a tornado will be created with enough time to get people into shelter. We aren't there yet, obviously.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

Yes, most definitely. Some debunkers let a zealous nature allow the shameful act of outright lying, as UFOlogists do on a regular basis, justify more lies, but 2 wrongs do not make a right.

It should come down to what can be proven. Not made up to sound good. Even if a case has specifics that cannot be proven, context of the situation can be a strong indicator of who be on the level.

Take Penn & Teller and Dan Aykroyd with their tv shows. Are they qualified in this field or are they just reading from a script?

• Like 1

How many people and property managed to be saved as a result of the prediction? How did they manage to raise hell if they knew what would hit when and where?

Or like Merc said, did they predict favourable conditions, which is not the same thing at all.

Take Penn & Teller and Dan Aykroyd with their tv shows. Are they qualified in this field or are they just reading from a script?

One thing - Penn and Teller do get expert consultants on the show and they tend to let professionals in their fields offer input. They interview both sides of the claim. Dan Aykroyd promotes self appointed "professionals" not ones with qualifications.

Believers tend to try and blinker academic information, whereas skeptics take both sides into account and discount the weaker claims.

Edited by psyche101