Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unindentified fossil/strange rock

silentsinger

Not sure if its the right place to post this, but seemed it was the most fitting.

Well, i was at the beach yesterday, just talking a long walk, and i found an odd looking rock. Of course i brought it home with me, and now i am wondering what it could be?

Anyone has a clue of what it could be?

strangerockdenmark.jpg

Was found in Husodde in Denmark.

errr a rock

Maybe it's part of a clay plate or cup or something. You should take it to a museum or somewhere to see if it actually is old.

errr a rock

Yeah, a rock, but if you can't see anything in the rock, then you might need some glasses :)

Maybe it's part of a clay plate or cup or something. You should take it to a museum or somewhere to see if it actually is old.

Thanks, i might just do that.

A stone with a fossil in it

Well i was hoping someone had seen something similar, and could give me an suggestion. Then maybe i could search online, and try to find out more. Just searching for fossil in rock, wont help me too much :)

Edited by silentsinger

A geode perhaps.

cormac

• Like 1

Looks like a fossilized sea plant similar to the ones used for making jewellery, corral....

The white looks like the cortex one sees on flint nodules from the region. Whether it's a fossil or concretion within that nodule is the question.

If you're Danish, you might want to try here: http://www.fugleognatur.dk/forum/show_data.asp?ForumID=46 Although wouldn't you know it, it's down right now.

I've I had to guess, I'd say some kind of colony animal like coral of bryozoans.

• Like 2

What sort of rock is it ?

If it's sedimentary then it could be a fossil,but if it's igneous then it won't be a fossil.

I was thinking of a mudstone that formed around a clam and took an impression of the shell.

it does look like it was organic ... *shrug*

Looks also kind of it might be a trace fossil of some sorts.