Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
regeneratia

Did Life Begin On Earth? What do U Think?

11 posts in this topic

How attached are you to the concept that life began on earth?

If you think it did, what leads you to believe that life began on earth?

If you don't think it did, what leads you to believe that life began off-earth?

I think the Universe is filled with pockets of life that sprang up due to the correct conditions for life being available in various places and times. Whether earth was "seeded" from life elsewhere or sprang up spontaneously can only be answered when we can explore and discover life elsewhere in the universe. Regardless, life sprang up "spontaneously" at some point aka: someone was first at some point so the laws of the Universe certainly allow it do so.

1 person likes this

....Regardless, life sprang up "spontaneously" at some point aka: someone was first at some point so the laws of the Universe certainly allow it do so.

Exactly, and at this point we don't know if earthly life is a result of spontaneously 'springing up' or via panspermia from someplace else in the cosmos. All we know is that very basic life came into existence here on earth and began to evolve, resulting in us having the capacity to ask such questions.

3 people like this

I am not attached to life having to get it's start on earth.

However, I am willing to live with the mystery until we know when and where it did indeed begin.

I was thinking about the guy I just listened to who said that he found criptiods in Mars photos, a man who was a scientist in astrobiology at NASA.

I think that the life is just a natural result of chemistry when conditions are right and it started not only here but also on billions and billions of other world. Life has probably cropped up in more places than we can possibly imagine in our visible universe alone.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Life did not start on earth. Humankind may have. But life, in the pure definition of the word, did not start here. We are rather self centered to think it did.

Edited by Maureen_jacobs
1 person likes this

It seems highly unlikely that life exists only on this planet .. but who knows . ( that's what i think ) and, it's sort of a lonesome feeling contemplating that we are alone in this unimaginably immense Universe.

1 person likes this

I would guess that life as we know it, started right here on/in good old planet Earth.

I would suggest that having a moon would be integral to facilitating the formation of 'life' allowing for a rhythmic catalyst to encourage the conditions for life to begin its inexorable movement.

It's quite interesting to speculate on how life might have evolved, and and look like, compared to life as we know it.

I think it was on the show Through the Wormhole they talked a bit about that, and said that life elsewhere might be silicon-based rather than the carbon based we know - or even some other chemical element base for life that we just cant think of. Another think to think about is that these animals/beings might live on a planet that are immensely larger than our earth - more the size of our sun or even larger - and that life there with lower gravity and plentiful of life might have created monstrous animals/beings that would seem totally absurd and unreal to us. Think of a land animal that are 8 kilometers long and 3 kilometer high, or a bird that are 20 kilometers between its wingtips, and so on. That would be cool to see. :yes:

1 person likes this

I like to think that life started deep within the earth's crust, and slowly filtered up through the ocean to land, and eventually, to space.

I think life was propagated on earth via a meteorite. These were small microorganisms, which, the conditions on earth enabled them to prosper. Through development at a microscopic scale they compete with the other microorganisms where slowly they developed certain characteristics to get a one up on the others. This processed continued until this day. Where we are essentially just a complex type of bacteria.