Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you drink Vegemite? NEW DRINK!

seeder

Well here in the UK we have Marmite and you either love it or hate it, as we say! I happen to love it on hot buttered crumpets, but would I drink it?

HELL NO!

But those daring Ozzies have made an energy drink out of the stuff!!

quote:

Vegemite posted news of the launch of a new product, iDRINK 2.1

"The iconic brand announced the energy drink with this: “Start your day with our NEW Vegemite iDRINK 2.1 energy drink! Will you swap your Vegemite toast for this when you’re on the go?”

BkEUa3HCAAA0Bhj.png

Come on, we’re all for Vegemite on toast but an energy drink?

https://www.facebook.com/vegemite

iThink it's an iGag.

Yes agreed, I think I'd gag too :lol:

Edited by seeder
  • Like 3

Oh FFS Bonox has been around for a century.....Bonox and Bovril

Yeh we have Bovril in UK too. Not drank that in years though!

deleted double post

Edited by seeder

A brown foul tasting liquid in a can.. should've called it ****

• Like 2

Promite's better, it's April 1, and besides, like he said, Bonox and Bovril have been around for years anyway.

As for those who have never tried any of these yeast-based spreads, first remember that they are using a by-product of beer, so that can't be all bad.. And if you get brave enough to try it, make sure you have very fresh crusty bread, a reasonable dab of cool butter, and then thinly spread a little Vegemite/Promite on...

Heaven.

• Like 2

One time I was buying bread from a man in Brussels. He was six foot four and full of muscles. I said, "Do you speak-a my language?" He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich. :whistle:

• Like 3

april-fool-gotcha-graphic.jpg

One or two of you anyway :lol: You know who you are!!

• Like 1

Wonder how many people were rushing down to their nearest Lidl's. You are naughty seeder. :yes:

• Like 4

Wonder how many people were rushing down to their nearest Lidl's. You are naughty seeder. :yes:

:lol: I thought Id get rumbled with the first few replies...but I didn't!! I also put a ad on a free ads website, as follows

Parachute to Offer. FREE: Only used once, never opened, small stain!

I did same ad last year but used my real email addy, I was inundated with takers. This year I used a fake address so I dont have to deal with it again

• Like 4

:lol: I thought Id get rumbled with the first few replies...but I didn't!! I also put a ad on a free ads website, as follows

Parachute to Offer. FREE: Only used once, never opened, small stain!

I did same ad last year but used my real email addy, I was inundated with takers. This year I used a fake address so I dont have to deal with it again

The parachute was a bargain.

April fools day is the wrong day to reply to posts, i do not know what is true and what is not........oh wait! we have youtube for that every other day!!

• Like 2

If only vegemite was an april fools prank

• Like 2

If only vegemite was an april fools prank

I think it was and no-one got it!

Del Boy says - "Hey Rodney - lets put all this black gunk from the barrels in a jar and sell it"? This time next year we'll be millionaires! :lol:

Edited by seeder