Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bill Clinton, not surprised if aliens visit

No, this HAS happened. It's been in the mainstream media. Phoenix Lights is a great example. Either it really happened, or there was mass hallucinations. I doubt the latter.

Vehicles we cannot explain have been observed by many over hundreds of years, and a few have crashed, for whatever reason.

Aliens HAVE been detected and encountered by humans. Some humans have become infected, for lack of a better word, after touching these alien beings.

So if one claim these many events never happened, one is in denial.

There were two separate sets of sightings that are collectively called the Phoenix lights. Despite the fact they were separate incidents they are used interchangeably which is misleading at best and self serving nonsense of the teller at worst. The so-called silent V shaped light formation was a squadron of A-10s flying from the nearby ANG training area. The second sighting were flares dropped by A-10s that were training on the same range.

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 1

What humans have been infected by touching these aliens and what with? It seems to me this would be an easy way to prove an alien encounter

One case was that of a Brazilian police officer investigating calls about a strange critter reported by many.

He did find it, it was alive, it was strange, he touched it, he and his partner actually took it to a hospital, and a day or 2 after touching it he became very sick and died. Massive and strangely unknown infections killed him.

One case was that of a Brazilian police officer investigating calls about a strange critter reported by many.

He did find it, it was alive, it was strange, he touched it, he and his partner actually took it to a hospital, and a day or 2 after touching it he became very sick and died. Massive and strangely unknown infections killed him.

It could have been a sick animal of some kind. Seems to be a huge leap to go to ET infection.

Did they get the animal? Did they take a picture? What brought them to think it was not of this planet?

What also bothers me is that so many claim that the reason aliens haven't contacted the human race is that they do not want to disturb our evolution. Seems that this story goes against that.

No, this HAS happened. It's been in the mainstream media. Phoenix Lights is a great example. Either it really happened, or there was mass hallucinations. I doubt the latter.

You don't need to have "mass hallucinations" for a bunch of people to claim they saw something.

When Ed Walters' cheap Polaroids of a UFO made out of paper were being printed on the front pages of the Gulf Breeze Sentinel, dozens of witnesses came forth to claim they had seen the very same spacecraft. By the time it had been revealed as a hoax, nearly one hundred "witnesses" had confirmed that Ed Walters' paper model had been flying around the Florida skies. About two dozen of them appeared on NBC's Unsolved Mysteries yelling that they had seen it and it was not a hoax. Why? Nobody cares.

And that is why witness testimony should never be considered evidence.

• Like 1

No, this HAS happened. It's been in the mainstream media.

Now I'm sure we have agreed at another time that the "mainstream media" is skewed.

Now I'm sure we have agreed at another time that the "mainstream media" is skewed.

I don't know of any media that isn't skewed some how. You can't trust anything.

I don't know of any media that isn't skewed some how. You can't trust anything.

I agree. But what I find to be appalling is when in one thread someone bashes "mainstream media" for supporting agenda's, and then in another thread used "mainstream media" as evidence of something else.

• Like 2

True enough, but recall that even a blind hog finds an acorn from time to time. When the mainstream media reported that the Space Shuttle had crashed, it was accurate and true.

When it reported that Pat Tillman had been killed by hostile fire, it was merely repeating what it was told, and what it had been told was false.

The open-minded understands this simple fact.

Mistrust and verify, one might say, when analyzing MSM stories.

• Like 1

True enough, but recall that even a blind hog finds an acorn from time to time. When the mainstream media reported that the Space Shuttle had crashed, it was accurate and true.

When it reported that Pat Tillman had been killed by hostile fire, it was merely repeating what it was told, and what it had been told was false.

The open-minded understands this simple fact.

Mistrust and verify, one might say, when analyzing MSM stories.

Fringe believers tend to think of themselves as open minded but I have not met many that mistrust or verify the right things. They tend to mistrust anything that does not support their world views and they verify only from tainted sources.

• Like 1

There are no aliens visiting the earth. Period.

That what the best evidence says, anyway.

• Like 1

Yeah that little story is starting to fall apart. http://www.ghosttheory.com/2012/11/03/brazilian-roswell-revealed-as-hoax

That isn't definitive, though, but I am betting 99.99% of the evidence is made up crapola. BAsically some kids confusing a wet local cripple for an ET and then a young guy dying of pneumonia and we have a UFO story.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

I could never say that with absolute certainty.

It is possible, however small the possibility of it is...

There is a greater than a zero % chance that it is happening right now.

Also there are many different forms that life that could have evolved, ones that are completely "alien" to our understanding of it.

Look at the forms of life on our own planet that have evolved over time.

Think of how mankind will evolve over the next few thousand years, over the next 100,000 years, and how advanced we will be in our scientific knowledge and our ability to control life itself and the forms it takes...

Other life on other planets could have been around for hundreds of millions of years before us and could very easily be living amongst us in a way that is incomprehensible to us right now, but it may be so... quite easily. :)

Precisely: there is no end of ways aliens could be detected and there would be no doubt about it and the whole world would quickly know. None of these has happened; instead we get testimonies and blurry pictures and all sorts of crazy claims.

I'm not sure there's "no end of ways aliens could be detected" perhaps you could list a few. There are a few that I can think of, but the technology is only just becoming good enough to give us a fighting chance of detecting something. Consider the newly discovered exoplanet Kepler 186F, they think it may be a twin of our own planet, but it's 500 light years away, so visiting is unlikely. If it's inhabited we are seeing them as they were 500 years ago, and vice-versa. Now, an optimum scenario would be that they are 500 years in advance of us technologically, and they spotted our planet 500 years ago. So they would have what we have now back then. They spot our planet and think it looks like a twin of their own and squirt a high powered radio beam at us to attract our attention. This could be on it's way here as I'm typing this, it could arrive today, tomorrow, next week etc etc. Of course we need the SETI guys to be looking for it for us to be able to detect it.

They won't see any high power radio emissions from us for at least another 450 years, if at all over that distance. The same is true for spectral analysis of our atmosphere, they will see it as it was 500 years ago, so it won't indicate a technological society. Our technology won't be good enough to carry out a spectral analysis of their atmosphere for another 10 years, but if they are evolving along a similar time-line as us we won't see any evidence of a technological society, even though they may have one. On the other hand, if they're 500 years ahead of us spectral analysis of their atmosphere may show a technological society is present.

I can't argue about the blurry pictures, I haven't seen one that's convincing. Crazy claims, most yes, but not all. I think there are enough interesting accounts from the right sort of people to suggest there may be 1% wheat among all of the chaff.

So the issue remains fringe with only the true believers paying any attention.

You're here, paying attention aren't you Frank.

I consider myself to be an open minded skeptic. I think the galaxy is likely to be teeming with intelligent life, for no other reason than the sheer number of planets out there. They now estimate there's something like 40 million earth like planets in this galaxy alone. I think it unlikely that an earth like planet would be dead, if you have water, the correct temperature, an oxygen rich atmosphere and a protective magnetic field life will appear.

Edited by Occams Razor
  • Like 1

Which'd be such a damn silly thing to do that it proves my point completely.

Yes, I know you're being flippant.

Congratulations on your promotion and change of service Admiral.

The 'landing on the White House lawn' has been the proof demanded by skeptics since the 50's. Of course I don't expect anyone to take this literally, but I think we may well be being 'kept an eye on' and the time will come when they do want to show themselves officially. However, there won't be much in it for them for the time being, it will probably be sometime in the next century. I think Roddenbury had it right, they won't want to know us until we can get out among the stars. Then we will be told all the inter-stellar travel rules by the 'Galaxy Police'.

• Like 2

I could never say that with absolute certainty.

It is possible, however small the possibility of it is...

There is a greater than a zero % chance that it is happening right now.

Also there are many different forms that life that could have evolved, ones that are completely "alien" to our understanding of it.

Look at the forms of life on our own planet that have evolved over time.

Think of how mankind will evolve over the next few thousand years, over the next 100,000 years, and how advanced we will be in our scientific knowledge and our ability to control life itself and the forms it takes...

Other life on other planets could have been around for hundreds of millions of years before us and could very easily be living amongst us in a way that is incomprehensible to us right now, but it may be so... quite easily. :)

Exactly. What you just said are the words of a true skeptic. The previous comment demonstrates a more cynical point of view. Of course, to the believers we are all the same.

I disagree strongly. The world we perceive is created in our brains and fed to our minds as experiences and perceptions (colors, odors, textures, sounds, pain, nausea, etc.) They are related to the external stimuli but come to us highly censored and distorted and simplified. Trees are not green and a smashed toenail does not experience pain. It is all in our heads. We function because of this, not in spite of it. If our minds had to deal with all the incoming sensory stimulus, it would not be able to handle it.

No, sorry Frank, this is just codswallop. If you tread on a nail whilst barefoot it hurts, you don't have to see the nail. The pain signal from the foot may be 'decoded' by the brain, but it would originate in the foot, if you apply anaesthetic to the foot the pain disappears. And, regardless of how light from the Sun is absorbed and reflected differently by different materials, including leaves, a tree will appear the same to anyone, excluding physical abnormalities like blindness or colour blindness. If you call a contractor to remove certain branches of a large tree he will remove those exact branches as requested, so he must see those branches as you do.

Again, if we received a highly distorted view of the world around us none of us would be able to drive anywhere safely. We all see the same physical reality, if you see a tree and try to drive into it, you will hit it and wreck your car, so will anyone else trying to drive into the same tree. We drive in lanes on motorways within prescribed speed limits, among many other cars all doing the same thing, we drive on the correct side of the road etc etc etc. None of this would be possible if we weren't seeing an accurate picture of what's around us, there would be piles of wrecked cars all over the place.

Thanks for your sincere opinion.

UFOs+Over+Washington+DC+1952+UFO+Disclosure+First+Contact+Dawn+Of+Aquarius+Obama.jpg

Good pic... unfortunately it's a "re-creation" for the documentary:

I have seen a version of this with the 'this is a re-creation' banner at the top right of the picture, but I can't find it to provide a link to at the moment.

• Like 1

Congratulations on your promotion and change of service Admiral.

The 'landing on the White House lawn' has been the proof demanded by skeptics since the 50's. Of course I don't expect anyone to take this literally, but I think we may well be being 'kept an eye on' and the time will come when they do want to show themselves officially. However, there won't be much in it for them for the time being, it will probably be sometime in the next century. I think Roddenbury had it right, they won't want to know us until we can get out among the stars. Then we will be told all the inter-stellar travel rules by the 'Galaxy Police'.

If the Human Genome Project's hypothesis proves valid, and part of our DNA is extraterrestrial in nature, I suspect 'they' already know us.

• Like 1

denied.jpg

priceless.........still laughing now.

• Like 3

If the Human Genome Project's hypothesis proves valid, and part of our DNA is extraterrestrial in nature, I suspect 'they' already know us.

I can't wait until the Human Genome Project actually claims this is their official hypothesis.

A few years ago there was a hoax in which a "Professor Dr. Sam Chang" who was the "group leader" of the Human Genome Project had determined that the "junk DNA" was actually the DNA of alien creatures. This was announced on, where else, Art Bell's radio show where all major scientific discoveries are announced. Inquires showed there was never a "Sam Chang" working on the project and as far as anyone knows, the guy doesn't exist.

All I've read since then are wild articles in which random exo-scientists claim they've "found" extraterrestrial DNA with no explanation as to how they determined this. They do have a Galileo Complex and write much more text on how the scientific community is conspiring to keep their findings a secret. That's too bad because most of these claims are absolutely hilarious! One guy claims that some African tribes clearly show this extraterrestrial DNA because they appear to be "supernatural creatures that came down from the sky."

There was another entertaining article in which two Kazakhstani scientists claim that since DNA does an incredible job of transmitting information that it couldn't have been created through evolution therefore it must have been designed by extraterrestrial intelligence. They claimed to have found fractions, decimal notation (apparently aliens have ten fingers too), and signs of algebraic notation in DNA which all contain secret messages from extraterrestrial intelligence.

I noticed that some people have misinterpreted the term "alien DNA". Mitochondria are sometimes referred to as "alien DNA" (technically RNA) in our cells because our cells acquired them from another living creature but there's no evidence that it came from outer space.

• Like 3

In your opinion... what are those "flying saucers" seen and photographed so often?