Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bill Clinton, not surprised if aliens visit

So that is four sources now. I'd be very surprised if a man of his knowledge and stature had made such a statement but if it was verified beyond a doubt I'd definitley be interested. Unfortunately the man died of cancer in 1995 and as you said, you have neither a transcript or a video. I believe the original source was from this little mess http://www.dailymail...dio-5-Live.html

Zero credibility as far as I am concerned.

The mail quoted this (from your link):

'As Ben Rich said, who developed the stealth aircraft back in 1993 in the presence of two friends of mine: "We now have the technology to go to the stars". And that was back in 1993.'

they quote the correct year as per the UCLA speech (March 1993), maybe the two friends he refers to were at the speech??!?

I was curious to see if you were to go to 'project orion' as an explanation/interpretation as to what he meant.

The comments he has made about 'reverse engineering' and the comments about UFOs being 'some ours and some theirs (ET) I believe can be verified as I am sure this is in a letter exchange...

• Like 1

Sorry Merc. By reading the posts here I came to the exact opposite conclusion--most posters here, the majority, come across as absolutely rejecting ANY reports of strange craft and events. They always explain it as swamp gas, weather balloons, and such.

I think it is reasonable to infer that such a blanket rejection suggests that the persons making the statements do not believe there are others in the cosmos who are able to travel through time or great distances. Perhaps not. Perhaps you guys absolutely believe that there are others out there, but you just need a personal visit and explanation from such a creature before you will believe it to be real.

Is that close?

Do you understand the idea of red herring? Because people want better evidence than testimony or retouched photos does not mean they don't think ET might be out there. They are two quite separate issues.
  • Like 1

mightn't it be simpler and more cost-effective to use robotic probes or Droids?

The problem is it takes so long for them to get there only our children learn anything.

“We now have the technology to take ET home. No, it won’t take someone’s lifetime to do it. There is an error in the equations. We know what it is. We now have the capability to travel to the stars. First, you have to understand that we will not get to the stars using chemical propulsion. Second, we have to devise a new propulsion technology. What we have to do is find out where Einstein went wrong.”

Ben Rich allegedly said that. So, we have the 'capability', but...we need to 'devise the technology'

Edited by seeder
  • Like 3

“We now have the technology to take ET home. No, it won’t take someone’s lifetime to do it. There is an error in the equations. We know what it is. We now have the capability to travel to the stars. First, you have to understand that we will not get to the stars using chemical propulsion. Second, we have to devise a new propulsion technology. What we have to do is find out where Einstein went wrong.”

Ben Rich allegedly said that. So, we have the 'capability', but...we need to 'devise the technology'

assume you see that as a contradiction Seeder?

• Like 1

assume you see that as a contradiction Seeder?

Ha but of course!

• Like 1

The mail quoted this (from your link):

they quote the correct year as per the UCLA speech (March 1993), maybe the two friends he refers to were at the speech??!?

I was curious to see if you were to go to 'project orion' as an explanation/interpretation as to what he meant.

The comments he has made about 'reverse engineering' and the comments about UFOs being 'some ours and some theirs (ET) I believe can be verified as I am sure this is in a letter exchange...

That is a bit different from the original quote and then compare it to seeder's quote and you can see how terribly this thing qwas twisted to means something else..

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

That is a bit different from the original quote and then compare it to seeder's quote and you can see how terribly this thing qwas twisted to means something else..

????

dont know what you mean.

He is said to have said the 'travel the stars part' as per my quote.

The quote seeder said is another quote he is said to have made. They are two different quotes altogether. Not twisted at all, just two quotes.

If you are refering to my comments about 'ours and theirs'? then this is seperate to the two quotes mentioned above, and he is not said to have said this during speech but instead it is in a letter exchange with someone (name escapes me)

• Like 1

Ha but of course!

it is not - :passifier:

• Like 1

I'll settle it for you Bee, as we speak, Voyager I is just now leaving our solar system. She was launched on September 5, 1977 and has been traveling more or less outward from the Sun all that time. Voyager I represents the farthest man has travelled from his home star and it took it 35 years to get there so for all intents and purposes we really can't travel out of our solar system.

I was talking about humans traveling outside our solar system...not unmanned craft.

And I have come across some stuff recently that has made me think about that...

I have no conclusions about it at all...

You are free to speculate all you want but that doesn't make starships flying into our atmosphere a reality. Anything is possible, of course, but there is absolutely no proof that we are being visited by beings from another star system at this time. Are there sightings for which we don't have a clear answer about what it was? Of course but that doesn't make the object an interstellar space ship does it? Also, as time has moved on we have been able to answer what many of those old mysteries were or proved them to be hoaxes.

WE always have the problem of not knowing exactly what physical proof actually exists because of classification...

And whether that proof is potentially about beings from another Star System...of from Time Travellers..?

Or maybe beings from another star system have to time travel to get here anyway...... :unsure2:

.“We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity….. anything you can imagine we already know how to do.”

Ben Rich, former Head of the Lockheed Skunk Works

I wonder if he meant manned craft or unmanned.....

??

mightn't it be simpler and more cost-effective to use robotic probes or Droids?

possibly...but perhaps there might be an 'Avatar' way of traveling in the future....using a clone's biological body...

in a way that a robot couldn't be used (ie. inhabited)

just a thought in response to your post..

Edited by bee

I wonder if he meant manned craft or unmanned.....

??

who knows Bee, who knows......not me :)

I guess if we are to play with words then we could suggest him saying 'take ET home' rather than 'send ET home' would indicate manned travel....but I suppose that is semantics at best, but food for thought nevertheless.

• Like 1

who knows Bee, who knows......not me :)

I guess if we are to play with words then we could suggest him saying 'take ET home' rather than 'send ET home' would indicate manned travel....but I suppose that is semantics at best, but food for thought nevertheless.

thanks for that....

• Like 1

it is not - :passifier:

OK, is there any proof he said such things? Or is it a case of 'someone went some place and overheard him' saying that?

OK, is there any proof he said such things? Or is it a case of 'someone went some place and overheard him' saying that?

well a friends daughters neighbour has a son who was in the same class as a person whos mothers cousin lives next door to a man who overheard his neighbour talking about it..........

or maybe he said it at the UCLA speech he gave to over 200 engineers back in March 1993......

edit to add: glad we didnt have a ding dong for pages on whether the earlier phrase was or was not a contradiction :tu:

Edited by quillius
  • Like 2

well a friends daughters neighbour has a son who was in the same class as a person whos mothers cousin lives next door to a man who overheard his neighbour talking about it..........

or maybe he said it at the UCLA speech he gave to over 200 engineers back in March 1993......

edit to add: glad we didnt have a ding dong for pages on whether the earlier phrase was or was not a contradiction :tu:

Well Ive never really looked into the chap till it came up here, then a quick search took me to this

A question was asked if he had been debunked, the answer was..

No, but hasn't been proven either. So far, it's nothing more than hearsay that he said these things. There are numerous people who claim to have been at the locations, and heard it, but no recordings of Ben to support it.

I've actually researched this man pretty well, read his memoirs, etc. It wouldn't surprise me that he'd make such a statement. However, I can also imagine him making such a statement just to put a spark of fear into our enemies.

He was a product of the cold war, and you don't just lose that mentality overnight. Here was a talented and ambitious man, the father of modern stealth, who constantly was looking for the next big advance, pushing the envelope for one of Lockheed's biggest customers, the CIA. Heck, Ben knows EXACTLY when and where we developed stealth, and that is was all based on a Russian scientist's papers, not our own. (The Russians simply never applied the principles to oddly shaped aircraft).

Simply put though, there's just no "time" to fit the idea of workable interstellar craft into his "timeline" of the development of other projects. It'd be hard to find a time he was there, that he wasn't fully dedicated to some other, now known project. Perhaps such ideas were on the drawing board, had theoretical concepts, etc., but I seriously doubt they were ever past that stage.

• Like 2

Well Ive never really looked into the chap till it came up here, then a quick search took me to this

A question was asked if he had been debunked, the answer was..

No, but hasn't been proven either. So far, it's nothing more than hearsay that he said these things. There are numerous people who claim to have been at the locations, and heard it, but no recordings of Ben to support it.

I've actually researched this man pretty well, read his memoirs, etc. It wouldn't surprise me that he'd make such a statement. However, I can also imagine him making such a statement just to put a spark of fear into our enemies.

He was a product of the cold war, and you don't just lose that mentality overnight. Here was a talented and ambitious man, the father of modern stealth, who constantly was looking for the next big advance, pushing the envelope for one of Lockheed's biggest customers, the CIA. Heck, Ben knows EXACTLY when and where we developed stealth, and that is was all based on a Russian scientist's papers, not our own. (The Russians simply never applied the principles to oddly shaped aircraft).

Simply put though, there's just no "time" to fit the idea of workable interstellar craft into his "timeline" of the development of other projects. It'd be hard to find a time he was there, that he wasn't fully dedicated to some other, now known project. Perhaps such ideas were on the drawing board, had theoretical concepts, etc., but I seriously doubt they were ever past that stage.

who and when?

• Like 1

who and when?

Ive been in and out (home) since I wrote that, didnt save the page...had a few open at the time! BUT.... this phrase from the above

"No, but hasn't been proven either. So far, it's nothing more than hearsay that he said these things. There are numerous people who claim to have been at the locations, and heard it, but no recordings of Ben to support it"

Anything to counter this?

• Like 1

Hey quill....and anyone else who's interested....

In this link....the wording of the famous Ben Rich quote about ET is a bit different..

http://occupywallst....nd-transparenc/

Rich retired from Skunk Works. ……at Wright-Patterson AFB back in 1993. He gave a slide presentation there and also at the UCLA School of Engineering Alumni speech – he gave on March 23, 1993. At the very end of his presentation, in both of these venues, he completed his slides with the following quote: `The U. S. Air Force has just given us a contract to take E. T. back home.’

Now that puts a different slant on it, eh?

Also...just for interest sake as anyone can say or claim anything on a forum....

A member of this very forum, (who was banned)....said he had a recording of the entire speech on video....VHS...

And offered to send it to someone else if they emailed them.....

http://www.unexplain...opic=63914&st=0

and before anyone starts going on about no proof that the video existed...I said...just for interest sake.. :)

edit...this is about the Ben Rich speech....also see my previous post...

Edited by bee

Hey quill....and anyone else who's interested....

In this link....the wording of the famous Ben Rich quote about ET is a bit different..

Now that puts a different slant on it, eh?

Bee-

My problem with that article is:

1. It is published by the folks who orchestrated the thuggery of Occupy Wall Street. Not a very reliable source, IMHO, and virulently anti-american and anti-business.

2. They say that Rich said we can travel amongst the stars and we have technology that is 50 years in the future. Are we to think that in 50 years we will have the ability to travel to different star systems? Really? Fusion power is still 50 years away and that woud be a prerequisite wouldn't it?

3. Lastly they say he said "It is time to end all secrecy on this as it no longer poses a national security threat and to make the technology available for use in the private sector.' That's exactly what we're talking about here." What should be released to the private sector, star drives? Maybe hypersonic engines but star drives? Star drives powered by what? If we hhad a power source that could run a star drive wouldn't we have some form of it on teh market already given the hysteria re. global warming.

Sorry, your link convinces me of the just the opposite of what you want.

• Like 2

Bee-

My problem with that article is:

1. It is published by the folks who orchestrated the thuggery of Occupy Wall Street. Not a very reliable source, IMHO, and virulently anti-american and anti-business.

2. They say that Rich said we can travel amongst the stars and we have technology that is 50 years in the future. Are we to think that in 50 years we will have the ability to travel to different star systems? Really? Fusion power is still 50 years away and that woud be a prerequisite wouldn't it?

3. Lastly they say he said "It is time to end all secrecy on this as it no longer poses a national security threat and to make the technology available for use in the private sector.' That's exactly what we're talking about here." What should be released to the private sector, star drives? Maybe hypersonic engines but star drives? Star drives powered by what? If we hhad a power source that could run a star drive wouldn't we have some form of it on teh market already given the hysteria re. global warming.

Sorry, your link convinces me of the just the opposite of what you want.

Merc14....I'm not trying to convince you of anything...as it is painfully obvious that would be an impossible

task...whatever I said - unless it was anti UFO/ET

I am merely sharing some info...about the different wording of the Ben rich famous statement...

`The U. S. Air Force has just given us a contract to take E. T. back home.’

edit..the above website took the info from GLP forum...link to that at bottom of article...

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

Remember that by the end of the century we'll land a man on Mars. Ooops... that was the last century. In just forty years we've gone from going to the Moon to not going to the Moon.

All those predictions that made me so excited for the future when I was young. :(

• Like 4