Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

brand new GhostHunters episode.

Shakezulah

tonite, there was a new episode of Ghost Hunters on Sc-Fi. they went to the East State penetentary (sp?) at one point, they were looking down one of the walkways outside of the cells. the had a video camera looking down it. all of a sudden, you see a ghostly apparition appear infront of th camera for only a few seconds. it looks like its hunched over, gets up, starts to walk towards the camera and dissapears. it also kinda looks like it just morphs out of the air. if you look closely at it, it looks like a hooded figure thats only abouty 4 feet tall. when i saw this footage, i was shocked at it, that they actualy caught that on camera. but whenever they go over footage back at their "HQ"., the one lead investigator says that no matter what, if you show this footage to a skeptic, they will always think its fake and try to disprove it. even tho there is no way it could be fake, because they record the footage at the place they investigate, and then first go over it at their base when they get back so there is no way it could have been tampered with or doctored. i would just like to hear from the people who actualy saw this episode tonite. also, if youre a skeptic, and you saw this footage or something similar, what would you actualy think about?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shakezulah

• Cotton c.

• Fluffybunny

• Method

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw the clip just a few minutes ago; it was pretty good stuff. It is hard to say what it was and it is hard to rule out trickery, but I think this is some of the better footage that I have seen. I was impressed.

The two main guys seem like they are pretty level headed. The other guys...when they are cursing like sailors...don't seem very professional. I love how the photographer and tech guy took off running after they thought they saw something. I can't imagine how embarrassed I'd be to have a couple of my "ghost hunters" take off like a saturday afternoon track meet when they thought they saw a shadow... laugh.gif

I managed to catch this episode and I was absolutley amazed by some of the footage they caught. I was actually taking my girlfriend home due to watching this I was riveted to the television.

I am a skeptic and it almost made me a believer, the so called "phantom" that darted down the corridor was abosolutley incredible. And you saw the beam of light disappear as the "phantom" passed across so it is not like it was a beam of light. Other than that all the objects are inconclusive.

I always watch that show...and even though it reminds me of of Real World "Paranormal"...I like it.

thumbsup.gif

I saw the episode last night...the last half though...and I saw a bit of that footage u were talking about...

It was pretty creepy.

I always watch that show...and even though it reminds me of of Real World "Paranormal"...I like it.

341001[/snapback]

lol grin2.gif

I saw the clip just a few minutes ago; it was pretty good stuff. It is hard to say what it was and it is hard to rule out trickery, but I think this is some of the better footage that I have seen. I was impressed.

340550[/snapback]

Were you looking at a clip on a website, or were you watching it on TV?

I missed it! Fluffybunny where did you see a clip? I couldn't find anything at either the SCFI or TAPS sights!

I saw it ... the image they caught on film .. looked to me like an apparition with a cape....

It moved too fast to be human.

Really cool thumbsup.gif

It was an extordinaroy clip, maybe you could google " Eastern State Penetentary Apparition " Mel.

I tivo'd it last night and have the clip saved. It was very cool on the TV, I don't know if it would be so impressive if it were a little clip on the computer...

I will see if I can find a copy of it online to link to here.

When they tryed to recreate it the appartition looked exactly like the TAPS member, but he said he could not see anything and could not run down the corridor at that pace.

New here. I saw that one last night. Interesting capture on video. Especially how it blocked out the small light in the backgroung when it ran off. cool.gif

I saw the show and I thought it was an amazing video. I taped it and watched it in slow mo and it was still amazing.

I wonder where all the debunkers that usually jump all over something like this are? ph34r.gif

Allrighty...I see why there is such interest in this. I can't quit watching it. And Michelle I agree...you would think the skeptics would be all over this one. I missed the show...I'll catch it tomorrow. I understand the TAPS team tried to recreate the image and really couldn't due to the speed that the image moved.

yeah the way it moved was almost inhuman. i think this is probabkly the most impressive ghost footage ive ever seen.

I tried to download it on the TAPS website but I only got gibberish. I would like to see the clip though.

I wonder where all the debunkers that usually jump all over something like this are? ph34r.gif

341646[/snapback]

I posted the link laugh.gif

I usually don't believe a lot of the ghost footage that I have seen, a lot of it can be explained away. Don't even get me started on "orbs" rolleyes.gif

This clip isn't as impressive in the small window that pops up on the computer; when I watched it on tv I had tivo'd it, and could replay it much slower, it is pretty amazing stuff.

The only way that I could see it being faked is if they took the video footage and had someone who was very good at CG do the ghost image in a post production. It looks pretty good to me, I am impressed and that is saying something...

AAAHHHH that's why the rest of the debunkers that usually yell "FAKE FAKE it's a FAKE" because the great Master Fluff has spoken. tongue.gifnotworthy.gif

By the way, if some of you don't know, Fluffy knows I'm kidding. wink2.gif

Edited by Michelle

Hey All - A newbie here....

I am a member of a ghosthunting group and avid watcher of the ghosthunter show. I have played and repalyed that footage in the penn. Tho I would love to be skeptical of it, I truly can't be. The motion is too fast for anything human. If the cameras were set correctly, the lighting would want warrant the ability to see the unfamiliar surroundings. You would have to shuffle run, which this apparition was way too fast for this. This is really amazing footage and it really is fun to keep going over.

The moving chair last week was interesting too. However that footage isn't so unexplainable. Awesome but well....you all understand I'm sure.

Looking forward to more discussions....

DN

the chances of this footage being faked are slim to none. any ghost hunting grou that is really as into it as TAPS and that has their own tv show would not be stupid enough to fake something like that. people who watch the show have seen how skeptical its own members are, and i dont think they are the kind of people who would do that. plus, the first time they go over any footage that they collect is done when they return from the location they were at. and they film them doing that too. i dont see how this could have been faked unless like Fliffy said, someone really good at CG had done it. i doubt TAPS has that kind of money to pay for that anyways, especially when they always buy updated equipment.

Can somebody please help me understand what I'm supposed to be looking at in the video? I think I see a hooded-something that's running towards the camera, then suddenly running away. Is that what it is?

Can somebody please help me understand what I'm supposed to be looking at in the video?  I think I see a hooded-something that's running towards the camera, then suddenly running away.  Is that what it is?

344266[/snapback]

Pretty much. The clips were much easier to see when shown on TV; these computer clips aren't quite as clear. Pretty much, something seems to just materialize in front of the camera, move forward a bit, and then takes off down the corridor as fast as it can. As it runs, what appears to be a cape or cloak of some sort flaps around at its feet (this especially is tough to see on the computer, for me anyway). Whatever it was was pretty short, was a hell of a sprinter, and knew the corridor well enough to run it blinded by darkness and a hood. As far as anyone can tell, there was no one inside the prison, or at least that area at the time it was filmed. I was quite impressed with the footage myself, something like this is rare.