Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lecturer claims to have photographed fairies

Still Waters

The existence of fairies has long been dismissed and resigned to the realm of children's books and Disney films.

However Manchester Metropolitan University lecturer John Hyatt claims he now has proof the creatures are real and are residing in the Rossendale Valley.

And he is on a mission to get more adults to believe and 'bring a bit of magic into their lives.'

http://www.mancheste...-valley-6909619

Ha! Ha!

At least they are not Victorian catalog cut outs this time around.

I see fairies when I drive around certain parts of Manhattan, so I know they are real.

• Like 4

Sorry Mr.Lecturer they are not fairies, but a type of fly like the May fly which only lives for one day,they have been observed in a Sir David Attenbrough documentary, in the Blue Planet series.

• Like 3

I'd like to believe, but another blurry, scale-less photo isn't going to convince me.

What is the deal with the itty-bitty winged people? There are hundreds of kinds of wee folk, but people always gotta go for the tiny winged ones. It's really hard to tell scale, but to me they look too small to be the typical little winged folk.

Obviously they're mayflies.

But, they do make for perfect little fairies. I feel like breeding mayflies now and releasing them in front of flowers and interesting trees and such and taking pics. They'd probably sell for a lot. ;)

• Like 1

I knew they were real! We now have photographic proof of fairies just days after the capture of a chupa! Exciting times...

Yeah, I think these are bugs too.

And, his photographic skills seem much lacking.

Former punk rock star now a professor and he comes up with this? Still punk to the end!

• Like 2

I think we have another "fairy" tale on our hands.

• Like 1

Good grief, surprised he didn't believe they hatch from orbs....

What is he is professor in/of? Why are we paying for him to be a university lecturer?

It's not as crazy as it sounds. I've captured "fairy" creatures too, but they're not as defined as this photographer's photos are. His are actually too perfect, and look like paper cut-outs that he might have flung into the air, and snaps them as they float down.

• Like 3

Those faeries look like they are naked. I advert my eyes. :blush:

Bugs.... I think I've seen wasps that sometime have their back legs together that look like that.

Paper wasps specifically seem to let their legs dangle down like the bugs in the link.

EKIK1KLKUK0K9K4QC0EQB08QY05Q6K4QF0AQ30GK305KRS5KVK5KAKGKUKGQC02QA09QDK8KLSEQ.jpg

The view of fairies being tiny winged creatures stems back to the 19th Century!!! Before this, fairies were considered normal sized people with special powers and descendants of gods.

I'm not convinced by the photos at all. I can smell anarchy!

• Like 2

The photos are interesting. But i wouldn't be to quick to judge the photos as fakes or misidentification until an expert in insects takes a look at them. But does the Rossendale Valley have a history of fairy sightings or other mysterious creature sightings? If there are their might be a claim to his photos.

Did they have boots on and where dancing with a drawf lol. COOL PIX NONE THE LESS.

It would be cool if it was fairies.

Edited by coolguy

I think john hyatt has just leaped across that fine line in magnificent style that borders genius and madness ... to the latter part of my comment