Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mob beats Motorist almost to death

supervike

Given that this is detroit I would like to know the respective races of the people involved. 10 to 1 this is a racially motivated hate crime.

• Like 1

That sends out a really bad message to the next motorist that gets involved in a pedestrian accident.

reading this, reminded me of a thief driving a motorbike snatches handbag

here;-

Given that this is detroit I would like to know the respective races of the people involved. 10 to 1 this is a racially motivated hate crime.

It was a white guy who got beaten

Beating of white driver by angry mob after he accidentally ran over young boy ruled NOT a hate crime by Detroit police :lol:

Steve Utash, 54, accidentally hit David Harris, a 10-year-old black boy, with his truck when he darted out into the busy street, surveillance footage showed

Utash stopped to make sure the boy was okay and was instead savagely beaten by as many as 12 people, said police

Police have ruled out the beating being a hate crime, but are still searching for the attackers, who also stole his wallet

The family of the young boy have condemned the attack

http://www.dailymail...oit-police.html

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

Driver is white.

The mob was, by eyewitness accounts, all black.

But, I don't know about the 'hate crime' bit. I thought that was only for White people attacking blacks. I'm pretty sure that is the way the law must read.

Edited by supervike

I thought that was only for White people attacking blacks.

Oh, it is.

It was easy to see where this conversation was headed.

About a decade ago I saw the Detroit police had told anyone that was in a car accident to stay in their car and if possible drive to a very public place. Such a nice city.

If the shoe fits.

• Like 3

It was a white guy who got beaten

Beating of white driver by angry mob after he accidentally ran over young boy ruled NOT a hate crime by Detroit police :lol:

Steve Utash, 54, accidentally hit David Harris, a 10-year-old black boy, with his truck when he darted out into the busy street, surveillance footage showed

Utash stopped to make sure the boy was okay and was instead savagely beaten by as many as 12 people, said police

Police have ruled out the beating being a hate crime, but are still searching for the attackers, who also stole his wallet

The family of the young boy have condemned the attack

http://www.dailymail...oit-police.html

It probably wasn't a hate crime, even though if the races were reversed it would be treated as one. It was just a group of people who saw a guy sitting alone above an injured kid, and their first instinct wasn't to call an ambulance or go help, but rather mug the guy and then walk away. Such wonderful people.

But why is that such a taboo topic? We can ignore the problem, and hope it goes away, or we can try and understand what the problem is.

We live in a society now that has turned any crticism of a culture to be equal to racism. I find that idiotic.

I honestly believe the only way to address it is head on, not head in the sand.

• Like 3

But why is that such a taboo topic? We can ignore the problem, and hope it goes away, or we can try and understand what the problem is.

We live in a society now that has turned any crticism of a culture to be equal to racism. I find that idiotic.

I honestly believe the only way to address it is head on, not head in the sand.

And the only way to address 12 guys wailing on your head is by rapid fire from a handgun. Likely they'd shoot back but at least you'd go down trying.
  • Like 1

And the only way to address 12 guys wailing on your head is by rapid fire from a handgun. Likely they'd shoot back but at least you'd go down trying.

I'm not following.

I'm not talking about guns at all.

I'm not following.

I'm not talking about guns at all.

but he does, how else you gonna stop 12 people from wailing on your head ????

• Like 1

but he does, how else you gonna stop 12 people from wailing on your head ????

Wait for the police to arrive after you've probably been beaten to an inch of your life.

In order for something to be a "racially motivated hate crime", race has to be the cause of the crime. So, Oversword, seeing how you are so set to the fact that this is a hate crime, can you please explain how this crime would have been committed had a child not been hit by a car? Most people would agree that the motivation was the vehicular accident. Good try on the race baiting though.

I can see his thinking.

granted i didnt read the driver's race, but im assuming its a white dude. And the beating happend after a white guy hit a black kid.

i dunno that it was racially motivated, but I can see why someone might see it that way if they were so inclined.

• Like 1

I can see his thinking.

granted i didnt read the driver's race, but im assuming its a white dude. And the beating happend after a white guy hit a black kid.

i dunno that it was racially motivated, but I can see why someone might see it that way if they were so inclined.

Just because you can see his thinking doesn't make it fit the criteria for a hate crime. There is specific criteria. If the angry mob went up to a red light and pulled a driver out of a car just because he was white..that is a hate crime. It is all about cause and effect.

Cause-driver hits a boy

Effect- Angry mob beats driver

Not a hate crime.

Cause-driver of a car is white

Effect-Angry mob beats driver because he is white

That is a hate crime.

A crime committed can't be a hate crime just because those involved are a different race. Sometimes I really have to wonder if some people on here are just playing dumb, or if they really believe the things they say.

what about

Cause white driver hits a black kid

effect: angry mob beats white driver because he hit a black kid

the beat down probably wouldn't have happened w/o the kid being hit to initiate things, but you also have to question if it would've happened had the driver been black.

unfortunately there wasnt a black driver hitting a black kid at that same time for us to gauge it.

and from a quick scan around theres no video of the thing to help us out.

As such the possibility of a hate crime stands as a possibility that seems plausible.

• Like 2

what about

Cause white driver hits a black kid

effect: angry mob beats white driver because he hit a black kid

the beat down probably wouldn't have happened w/o the kid being hit to initiate things, but you also have to question if it would've happened had the driver been black.

unfortunately there wasnt a black driver hitting a black kid at that same time for us to gauge it.

and from a quick scan around theres no video of the thing to help us out.

As such the possibility of a hate crime stands as a possibility that seems plausible.

Yeah... the reaction is out of proportion to what reasonable people - even angry ones - would do in similar circumstances. Taking the guy's wallet was just the icing on the thug cake.
  • Like 1

when was the last time 12 whites almost killed a black man, and it was not a race issue? i can see al shapron scream, no matter the reason that happened. de nile is not a river in Egypt,.

Edited by aztek

The family thinks he may have been a mark...

Two teens arrested

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04/06/two-teens-arrested-after-new-details-emerge-about-horrifying-mob-attack-on-man-who-stopped-to-help-boy-he-hit-with-car/

Utash's son, Joseph, thinks his father was intentionally targeted, but was torn on whether the attack could be classified as a "hate crime." Utash is white and witnesses have reportedly described his attackers as black.

"I've talked to one Detroit police officer and I think that, personally in my own heart, I think it was all a setup from the gate," he told WWJ-TV, ”meaning that my dad’s been driving up and down Morang for 15, 16 years working for the same company and they know he has a job, they know he has money and they robbed him. You know, he had a bag with all his stuff in it. He showed me that he had all this money in his wallet that morning, telling me he just took the money out of the bank so he could pay his dentist."

"As far as a hate crime, it might be," he added. "You know, it's like you go in Detroit and you’re white, you don’t belong. Seriously. I’ve been pulled over by police before and they’re like 'Get back across 8 Mile,' like '’m not supposed to be over there, like I'm not allowed to go in Detroit."

Edited by F3SS

hm .. ok, now that could make sense ^ a setup. ..the kid runs out and bounces off the side of the car... }}}}} incident{{{{{ ensues.

I wouldn't be surprised.. if the take was small enough ,and with an adequate parting intimidation/threat .. that many of these incidents might go unreported and go unnoticed ? !

.. that's actually an old scam.. but , traditionally it worked more like... " Well.. we should have you arrested and SUE! .. buuuut " .. $$$$

Edited by lightly