Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Floating light caught on camera

Sweetpumper

UFO? Mysterious floating light caught on camera in Cumbest Bluff

25156516_BG1.JPG

JACKSON COUNTY, MS (WLOX) -

They were caught on camera the night of February 16. Mysterious lights that appeared in the sky over the 150 acres that Rainer and Edith Shattles call home in the Cumbest Bluff area of Jackson County. Were they a phenomenon that's simple to explain, or something else?

The Shattles never tire of looking at the strange images caught by their trail cameras on that clear winter night.

"We have unusual things happen around here that happen, but it's usually associated with our grandchildren. But this case, we didn't know what it was," Edith recalled. "I was looking for a nice buck to be showing up on the trail camera actually."

http://www.msnewsnow...campaign=buffer

• Like 1

So there isn't actually a video of this "event" after all. Just stills of their video.

• Like 1

A car coming down a road...?

They claim there were no roads there. But, since none of us are there, we can't verify that. Besides, not all vehicles need a road to drive on.

• Like 1

I didn't watch quite to the end. Do they have a pic of it "flying off"?

• Like 1

Not really...just one still with it there, then the next with it not there, claiming if "flew off" or something like that.

Honestly nothing about it seems strange to me.

• Like 1

examine it closer. It was some one taking a picture out of their window of a deer. The lights a reflection on the window. look to the left, also a reflection of a light source in the house.

• Like 2

Well, just thinking about it now, those cameras aren't video after all. They just snap a quick pic when the motion detector is triggered. So the deer are moving about, causing the camera to take pics at random times. So calling it "video" is entirely inaccurate.

Doesn't help their case, just thought I would add that in.

examine it closer. It was some one taking a picture out of their window of a deer. The lights a reflection on the window. look to the left, also a reflection of a light source in the house.

They were videotaping their laptop with the images. The reflection is off of their laptop.

• Like 3

Wait a minute...

Around 1:19 and 1:20 or so, there's that metal structure behind the speaker. A perfect place to hang some lights.

The whole thing is convoluted and random. It's a hoax.

• Like 1

They don't explain what that is in the interview? I'm watching without sound.

Edited by Sweetpumper
  • Like 1

Nope. They do not.

• Like 1

Yeah, I saw the ears reflected and eyes same distance apart as the "lights".

I dunno whether it's because everyone has cameras, computers, laptops, and internet access etc and that they jump straight into the news with this sort of thing (and that Texan-baby-bubba-cupracacha-raccoon joke) without thinking rationally. Or whether it's genuine stupidity....

• Like 1

I could not see the NEWS vid because my darn Mifi connection takes too long to load/play vids.

But it is interesting. They say there are no roads back there, so....

only thing it could realistically be is something in the air.

dead of winter... after dark.... somebody/thing flying around private property....?

no ideas here

those are the deers eyes.....Like a double exposure would look. Have seen that a lot.

Here is the thread I made for people to post trail cam pics....Might even be some there like this.

http://www.unexplain...pic=183599&st=0

Edit : Yes, I had trail cams. I have thousands of pics.dbl edit :

Trail cams work by motion. Depending onthe trigger time of the camera ( anywhere from .2 seconds to 3,4,even 5 seconds ), the actual opening of the shutter from the motion varies.

That deers head was higher, or closer when it triggered the camera, it was moving when the actual pic was taken.

As said, I have a ton of these. Maybe on my next day off I will look through them.

Try the link, good pics there either way.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

They claim there were no roads there. But, since none of us are there, we can't verify that. Besides, not all vehicles need a road to drive on.

Too high anyway. Unexplained.

Too high anyway. Unexplained.

How can you tell?

I can. As I said ( and provided link ) I had trail cams and understandhow they work. That is 100% the deers eye shine, from it moving. Match the two " lights " to where the eyes on the deer are. ( width ). The deer triggered the camera, and the deer was moving when the shutter opened. This type of picture is very common with IR cameras, ( with longer trigger times ) and I deleted many as they were crap to me.

It is not un explained, it is explained.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

maxresdefault.jpg

more comments that may explain it betterthen I.....

its the trail camera. The motion sensor took the picture with flash right when the deer was looking right at it. The flash reflected off the deers eyes a millisecond before the picture was taken since it was at a slight angle the reflected light from the eyes hit the lens as the picture was being developed.

OK, folks, it's just a reflection of the deer's eyes. You can pretty easily trace a line down from the "objects" to the deer's head and see they line up very nicely with the deer's eyes. To the person who says infrared cameras do not emit light, you are right -- the camera does not emit light, but the IR diodes above the camera most definitely do emit light -- infrared light. It is invisible to human eyes, but very bright to digital camera sensors. Don't believe me? Turn on your digital camera and watch the screen while someone points a TV remote at the camera and presses a button or two. You will definitely see a light on the screen, although your eyes won't see anything (unless you have a really cheap remote control). It may not be common sense, but it is true. All digital cameras are very sensitive to IR, but most cameras have a filter in place between the lens and the sensor to block nearly all of that IR.

OVER EXPOSED EYES, INTERNAL LENS REFRACTION

• Like 2

And I have to add here as they claim that there is no road to describe that this location is out of nowhere, that the lawn in the area

where the pics and the interview were taken, looks well scythed.

• Like 1

Sakari put it quite nicely! :clap:

Just to add one detail: they were using two cameras (as video suggests; one on the tree, and one on the fence) hence their "light coming from nowhere"...

Case closed.

How can you tell?

I can. As I said ( and provided link ) I had trail cams and understandhow they work. That is 100% the deers eye shine, from it moving. Match the two " lights " to where the eyes on the deer are. ( width ). The deer triggered the camera, and the deer was moving when the shutter opened. This type of picture is very common with IR cameras, ( with longer trigger times ) and I deleted many as they were crap to me.

It is not un explained, it is explained.

Nah. Deer eyes don't illuminate a large area.

Maybe you think they do.

Nuff said.

Deer eyes don't illuminate a large area.

That`s correct as only spacecrafts of extraterrestrial origin do have the technology to illuminate large areas. :yes: