Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Updated] Baby charged with Attempted Murder

Leonardo

A nine-month-old boy has appeared in court in Pakistan on charges of planning a murder, threatening police and interfering in state affairs, it appears.

Baby Muhammad Mosa Khan is one of more than 30 people facing charges after a police raid to catch suspected gas thieves in the city of Lahore, The News website reports. Police say the suspects tried to murder security officers by pelting them with stones. But the Times of India newspaper quotes the infant's father as saying the group was protesting an electricity shortage.

source

If true, and I haven't investigated the story, then I have no words to describe the ineptitude of the relevant authorities... this will have to suffice...

funny-cat-pictures-facecouch.jpg

• Like 6

Well at least the Superintendent that filed the charges has been suspended - you gotta wonder how far he really thought that line of prosecution was gonna be able to fly before it came back and hit him square in the face.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 1

The baby doesn't look too bothered and neither does his father or the guy sitting next to them.

Obviously there has been a mistake, even the chief minister has seen this.

Chances are with all the hussle and bustle while arresting 30 people, the father just happened to bring the child along.

• Like 1

This is just too insane. An April Fool?

• Like 1

This is just too insane. An April Fool?

I considered this before posting the thread. The source is fairly reputable, but that does not grant immunity to playing a prank on it's readers. However, I suspect the case is genuine, and the infant was simply gathered up with the rest of the protestors and included in the charge before hot-heads had a chance to cool down.

ftr,

Chances are with all the hussle and bustle while arresting 30 people, the father just happened to bring the child along.

While the story does not provide all the details, my assumption would be the infant was with the mother/father when stones were thrown at the security people. It's possible the parent also gave the infant a stone to throw.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 2

I considered this before posting the thread. The source is fairly reputable, but that does not grant immunity to playing a prank on it's readers. However, I suspect the case is genuine, and the infant was simply gathered up with the rest of the protestors and included in the charge before hot-heads had a chance to cool down.

ftr,

While the story does not provide all the details, my assumption would be the infant was with the mother/father when stones were thrown at the security people. It's possible the parent also gave the infant a stone to throw.

If the story is true..

I was thinking along the lines of the bolded as well. It might have been just all names collected on the spot, then later sort it out in court sort of affair.

I was thinking the italics could be possible.. I also had the notion that perhaps the parents could have given the infants name in the hopes of exactly this sort of ruse and media coverage that has been brought to UM.

Edited by rashore

It is Pakistan...just saying there are some things you here from certain parts of the world that really shouldn't faze anyone when read about.

• Like 1

Best to stop criminals early. Clearly, this nine month old is a hazard to the community and should be dealt with now before he does something worse. :no:

• Like 1

Hopefully they have a tiny straightjacket and hannibal lecter mask for him.

lets get crazy if we're going here.

Hopefully they have a tiny straightjacket and hannibal lecter mask for him.

lets get crazy if we're going here.

Liver and fava bean puree?

It's a good thing the Pakistani government is cracking down on those evil babies. You don't want to wait until it gets to this point:

disaster-girl.jpg

• Like 2

From the article I read, the police officer said the ENTIRE family attacked him. So, the entire family was charged.

So, while the rest of the family have to take the rap, the ringleader walks (or crawls) free. <_< Is that justice, I ask???

Edited by Leonardo