Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Help needed Scared beyond belief

NickB25

Ok so i have a problem there is something in my house that is always around and wont leave.

so here are just some of the things that have been happening

1. About 2 weeks ago i was sleeping in my room when i woke up i was lying on my back i looked to the front of my where there is a chair sitting in the corner of the room now its always facing the wall but when i looked it was facing towards my bed and siting in the chair was this black figure. Of course i freaked and ran to my brothers room which is right next to me he came to have a look but there was nothing there i was so freaked i slept on a couch in the main living area.

2. Now the day straight after i woke up the same way but this time when i woke up i was on my back the black figure was next to my bed looking at me i freaked again and jumped out of my bed and ran to my brother room again nothing there.

3. I always feel like i am being watched expectantly in my room when i leave the house i don't get the feeling but as soon as i walk into the house i get it

4. now i always here sounds you now like creaks and it is always like wind or a door shutting but a week ago i was sitting upstairs watching TV no one else home when i heard footsteps behind me i have 2 dogs and they both started to bark i jumped and walked to the stairs that lead down stairs and i could hear the sounds of footsteps i yelled who is there of course no answer. i then went down stairs to investigate and my dogs wouldn't come with me. when i got to the bottom of the stairs i had a look around i could hear the footsteps still. when suddenly upstairs a vase fell i ran back up stairs where a vase had fallen but not broken i grasped my dogs and left the house for a couple of hours until someone else came.

These are just a few things that have happened to me and its scarring the life out of me i don't know why this is happening its been happening for about 4 or 5 years now i am a 16 year old male and i just don't know what to do anyone with any possible reasons please respond thanks. Oh and i don't sleep in my old room any more but stuff is still happening around the house we also built our house

"Oh and i don't sleep in my old room any more but stuff is still happening around the house we also built our house."

Meaning what? What is around your house?

• Like 1

Well, it's a good thing you're paying attention to this thread, ratherin' buggering off.

• Like 2

Nope.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2

Like noises footsteps, things falling for no reasons my dogs don't go in my room anymore and what i meant by we built our house was that we didn't move into one

Webcams, or simple stand alone security cams, are really cheap these days. If you have a laptop, you probably have all you need, just get a (free) program like Yawcam..

So why not be the very first person *ever* to post an account like this and set up a camera and then come back with the results...

Of course, the fact no-one else has done it, means that such cameras drive the poltergeists/whatever away. So it's a win-win situation!

• Like 3

Thanks for that i might give that a go hopefully i find something or it does go away thanks for the advice.

I think you are 16, you have an active imagination, you have scared yourself with that overactive imagination and now you are attributing random unconnected events as a connected part of the narrative. There is a world of difference between the unexplained and the unexplainable. None of the events you have described are out with the natural world and more over human experience other than your interpretation of the events. Try to relax and take a critical approach to each supposed event. Do we all see images waking from sleep? sure, do doors close around us without our intervention? sure, do things fall over without our bidding, again yes and all without the paranormal narrative interjected for dramatic interpretation. I know the 'rational' sceptical approach is for the most part dull and lacking much of the excitement that a good ghost story supplies but taking that mind set will provide more answers in the end...and probably a better sleep.

• Like 2

Sounds bizarre.

But I must admit the only experience of a supernatural type thing was similar but not nearly as involved.

My story was about 15 years ago when I bought a house in Kent, UK. Beautiful house and I was very happy with it. I had two big Boxer dogs so burglars or intruders were not really an issue unless they had a death wish.

I woke up one morning about 6 months into living there, I still had the real tired eyes and looked towards the end of the bed. There I believed I saw the silhouette of a person, all black with no features other than the shape. I briefly closed my eyes and sat up in shock, it was gone. The curtains were drawn so it could have been a trick of the light or maybe I was still asleep. I just don't know.

About 3 months later we were having a dinner party, the house had a serving hatch into the kitchen. Something caught my eye at the serving hatch and it looked like shadowy figure flashed past it. I was a bit alarmed and looked at my guests only to see one of the girls at the table had seen it too. It really freaked her and I tried to play it down as a trick of the light etc.

Nothing else happened after that and I have never experienced anything ever again.

Thanks for the input guys but i know that something isn't right so much extra stuff has happened and i cant find reasons for them

I've had a similar experience as you but not as severe as your case. There's a chance that it may just be your imagination like what 'Duck33' said but on the other hand it might actually be a supernatural being. My advice to you is to get a cat, every since I got a cat no ghosts or supernatural beings has approached me, this might be the key to solving your problem

thanks for the input i am gonna try the idea chrlzs said hopefully i find something or they it goes away just two days ago a picture on my wall just smashed against the other side of the wall in the hall way right behind me

it is seriously scaring the **** out of me

if its scaring you, why are you still living there?

you must be doing something wrong to make it bad

• Like 1

It has happened to me and I put it down to Sleep Paralysis. I think what happened with me is that just before I properly woke up is that whilst I was still asleep my eyes opened and could see the room but my mind was still dreaming and super imposed a 'demon' like creature on a chair in the room. At least that's what I tell myself but it seems a tad odd that thousands of other people have very similar experiences and see very similar 'creatures'.

For me it tended to only happen when I was sleeping on my back and also if I was exhausted. I mean really exhausted as in 2-3 nights out drinking and clubbing, house parties, sex and stuff. Some times there would be something 'unnerving' in the bedroom with me and I was unable to move or shout for help which are classic symptoms of sleep paralysis. Anyway there are a few threads here about the subject as well as many sites out there dedicated to the subject.

In the mean time try sleeping on your side or front and try getting into a regular sleep pattern.

My other theory is that they are some form of parasitic creature (I consider them part of the Shadow Creature phenomenon) that causes the temporary paralysis and then somehow causes nightmares. I believe they then feed off the energy that terror creates in a human. As I have no proof for this though then it remains just as a personal theory.

• Like 1

Look up sleep paralysis and hypnogognia. Bet that will help you sleep better.

• Like 3

Webcams, or simple stand alone security cams, are really cheap these days. If you have a laptop, you probably have all you need, just get a (free) program like Yawcam..

So why not be the very first person *ever* to post an account like this and set up a camera and then come back with the results...

Of course, the fact no-one else has done it, means that such cameras drive the poltergeists/whatever away. So it's a win-win situation!

those who suggest cameras make it sound easy when its anything but that to get something on camera. How does one know exactly where to even set up a camera in the house? often incidents can appear all over the house and who knows what thing will be thrown or what cupboard something could be pushed from.. and of cause a person has no idea when either.

Its almost like someone to prove bank robberies exist by getting one on camera when someone doesnt know the when and where of it.

Edited by sea-dove

It has happened to me and I put it down to Sleep Paralysis. I think what happened with me is that just before I properly woke up is that whilst I was still asleep my eyes opened and could see the room but my mind was still dreaming and super imposed a 'demon' like creature on a chair in the room. At least that's what I tell myself but it seems a tad odd that thousands of other people have very similar experiences and see very similar 'creatures'.

Unfortunately the OP story doesnt quite fit with being sleep paralyses or with the images one sees when half asleep and half awake as his experience also has things happening when he's fully awake, things which are disturbing the animals and real objects in the house falling when he's up on his feet walking around.

a week ago i was sitting upstairs watching TV no one else home when i heard footsteps behind me i have 2 dogs and they both started to bark i jumped and walked to the stairs that lead down stairs and i could hear the sounds of footsteps i yelled who is there of course no answer. i then went down stairs to investigate and my dogs wouldn't come with me. when i got to the bottom of the stairs i had a look around i could hear the footsteps still. when suddenly upstairs a vase fell i ran back up stairs where a vase had fallen but not broken i grasped my dogs and left the house for a couple of hours until someone else came.

Try ordering the entity to leave.. many of these things become scared of people if you start sticking up to them as they are mostly actually weak things and often do not like confrontation. (make sure you arent doing drugs or alcohol as those things can attract negative stuff). Just simply say to it next time "I demand you leave my home!!" say it and mean it..and see what happens. (or if you are Christian you can say "in the name of Jesus Christ, leave my home!"

You could also try getting some white sage (make sure its "white" sage as other types Ive found do not work as well) and burn it, smudging with its smoke around the house as it helps to clear any negative energies.

if you still have issues (but the above may actually be enough), feel welcome to send me a pm and I'll try to further help..

Edited by sea-dove

Get you house blessed by a priest or find somebody that is tuned in and can find out who or what is haunting you.

My friends previous house was haunted and his story is similar to yours.

He would hear his mother call him upstairs but she was in the kitchen and never called him.

A light bulb fell out the ceiling and just missed his head.

His sister screamed one night and his mother ran to her room and saw another girls reflection in the window next to his sister.

His mum has woken up to see a man standing next to her staring at her

They had a spiritualist come in and say there was a few ghosts and an evil spirit makin them play up.

However when these things happend they was always followed by good fortune