Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Five Authors recount ghost encounters

Bogeyman

So because they are authors we are to believe it is true and there are no other explanations other than....ghosts?

Let them come on here, and we can discuss this further...but they authors must be aware, they will not get paid on here.

• Like 3

Five FICITIONAL, authors, that is

• Like 2

An author with a ghost story? Wow, really?

• Like 2

Hmmm....I have a book by Albert Payson Terhune. He did fictionalize stories of the collies he raised, so I guess you could call him a fiction writer. He also wrote a book in 1934 originally published as The Book of Sunnybank, where he talks about the home he lived in with his wife and dogs. My copy is so old it doesn't say where it was filed, but I assume this book would be filed under non-fiction. I can't seem to find any info on that.

In this book, Terhune includes one paranormal story having to do with a crossbred dog of his that died. Apparently, two guests, unknown to each other and some time apart, saw the ghost of this crossbred dog. Terhune did not make any claim to their story and says he is simply presenting the facts as told to him. He even offers a possible explanation as to what the men might have seen. But it is interesting and it does make you pause a bit.

So yes, I guess authors can have ghost stories.