Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Peaches Geldof Found Dead

urban_girl

I just hope she didn't go the same way as her mum, Paula.

It's tragic news, her poor family. I hope it's not a case of history repeating. :cry:

This is sad news. Peaches was a young mummy and I can remember when she was a baby in the news. I was at school then. So tragic.

Such sad news.

I didn't believe it when I first saw it. I thought it was one of these celebrity death hoax but it sadly was true. My heart goes out to her 2 little kids. She died too young, She was only 4 years older than me and that's a scary thought. RIP Peaches x

So sad given her age, marital status and the children she left behind.

I will probably sound totally heartless but that family really needs help, or whats left of it. Too many lives have been lost already.

Edited by skookum

Looks like it'll be a while yet before they know for sure what she died of.

https://uk.news.yaho...97.html#iTqAxcI

More agonising wait for her family too. Very sad all round.

Tbh,I didn't really rate her as a person.But no father needs to go through this.He dosn't like Mondays that's for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately it does seem that history has repeated itself. There is just way too many issues with substance abuse amongst that social circle and family, I hope they all take a good long look at themselves and what the next generation is to suffer if the whole damned pattern isn't stopped in it's tracks.

• Like 1

it could of been easily avoided, why do celebs take drug overdosses?

it could of been easily avoided, why do celebs take drug overdosses?

same reason most people who die from drugs do. They want to be high! But you dont hear of the everyday folk who die, just the celebs. Unfortunately coke and heroin have been glamorized in the movies. Remember John Travolta getting high on heorin in Pulp Fiction? And many many more movies/Tv shows normalize cokes use.

Then you have things like the music business in general, I used to move in those circles and drugs...well, they were normal activities

same reason most people who die from drugs do. They want to be high! But you dont hear of the everyday folk who die, just the celebs. Unfortunately coke and heroin have been glamorized in the movies. Remember John Travolta getting high on heorin in Pulp Fiction? And many many more movies/Tv shows normalize cokes use.

Then you have things like the music business in general, I used to move in those circles and drugs...well, they were normal activities

I get what you mean, but I don't think Pulp Fiction is the right example. Remember how Uma Thurman's character almost dies of an overdose? You could rather say it promotes responsible drug use.

• Like 1

oh well, surprise surprise - It seems drug use played apart in her death. any sympathy i had as just gone straight out the window. - only herself to blame. she showed no regard for her own children. I remember her giving an interview about how her own mothers death effected her and yet she's done exactly the same thing. bonkers. most of these celebrities seem to have a loose wire. they might have all the money, live the lifestyle yet still something is not right.

oh well, surprise surprise - It seems drug use played apart in her death. any sympathy i had as just gone straight out the window. - only herself to blame. she showed no regard for her own children. I remember her giving an interview about how her own mothers death effected her and yet she's done exactly the same thing. bonkers. most of these celebrities seem to have a loose wire. they might have all the money, live the lifestyle yet still something is not right.

Money doesn't buy you a stable or happy mind, and heroin doesn't give a flying fig who you are, it'll destroy whoever it finds.

I am so sad and disappointed at this outcome, I suppose I was hoping that her death had been from natural causes but in all honesty I'm not a bit surprised by this.

Her childhood was appalling by any standard, incredibly dysfunctional at best! To have witnessed the chaos she must have done as a child would have certainly affected her personality and clouded her lifestyle choices as an adult.

She has likely been using heroin to self medicate depression for years although I don't think she used whilst pregnant, there is no evidence of that. People around her must have known that she had lapsed into using again and that probably would explain her husband's concern when not being able to contact her by phone and having to call the police for help. That would not happen in any normal circumstances I'm sure ...my husband wouldn't call the police if he hadn't been able to reach me by phone for several hours, he would think I was busy/ couldn't hear my phone ...whatever.

Heroin users don't use heroin to have a good time. It is not party drug. Heroin is used to say STOP the chaos that is going on in my head.

I'm surprised that she was able to keep up the facade for so long to be honest...she had certainly put a great media spin on her past life party girl persona to become the last bastion of Perfect Parenting and while I'm entirely sure that she adored her children she had no place doling out advice to young mothers everywhere whilst behind closed doors she was the polar opposite of what she was portraying publicly.

Still...very sad for all involved and something her children, although they probably won't even remember her when they grow up, they will have to deal with all their lives - just like she did :(

Edited by amaterasu
  • Like 2

I am so sad and disappointed at this outcome, I suppose I was hoping that her death had been from natural causes but in all honesty I'm not a bit surprised by this.

Her childhood was appalling by any standard, incredibly dysfunctional at best! To have witnessed the chaos she must have done as a child would have certainly affected her personality and clouded her lifestyle choices as an adult.

She has likely been using heroin to self medicate depression for years although I don't think she used whilst pregnant, there is no evidence of that. People around her must have known that she had lapsed into using again and that probably would explain her husband's concern when not being able to contact her by phone and having to call the police for help. That would not happen in any normal circumstances I'm sure ...my husband wouldn't call the police if he hadn't been able to reach me by phone for several hours, he would think I was busy/ couldn't hear my phone ...whatever.

Heroin users don't use heroin to have a good time. It is not party drug. Heroin is used to say STOP the chaos that is going on in my head.

I'm surprised that she was able to keep up the facade for so long to be honest...she had certainly put a great media spin on her past life party girl persona to become the last bastion of Perfect Parenting and while I'm entirely sure that she adored her children she had no place doling out advice to young mothers everywhere whilst behind closed doors she was the polar opposite of what she was portraying publicly.

Still...very sad for all involved and something her children, although they probably won't even remember her when they grow up, they will have to deal with all their lives - just like she did :(

One of the saddest issues with Heroin use is that it is often those who relapse into use that fall victim to overdoses. The body would have built up a certain level of resistance when a user was in their original habitual usage. However, once the system has been cleared a "reset" of levels of tolerance occurs to levels not too different from non-users and what would have been a tolerated dose for a user who had a build up of resistance in the past is now a huge overdose to a cleansed body. It is the most common cause of fatal overdoses. It is an ugly drug - they all are but heroin is amongst the worst of the worst.

• Like 1

One of the saddest issues with Heroin use is that it is often those who relapse into use that fall victim to overdoses. The body would have built up a certain level of resistance when a user was in their original habitual usage. However, once the system has been cleared a "reset" of levels of tolerance occurs to levels not too different from non-users and what would have been a tolerated dose for a user who had a build up of resistance in the past is now a huge overdose to a cleansed body. It is the most common cause of fatal overdoses. It is an ugly drug - they all are but heroin is amongst the worst of the worst.

I absolutely agree - and the fact that she had lost so much weight in the past few months will have also had a huge bearing on the amount she used in the past as opposed to more recently. Just tragic.

• Like 1