Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Waspie_Dwarf

International Space Station Cargo Ship Departs After Successful Mission

The Russian ISS Progress 54 cargo ship, that delivered 2 1/2 tons of food, fuel and supplies for the residents of the International Space Station in February, departed the Pirs Docking Compartment April 7, undocking from the complex to move to a safe distance away for a series of engineering tests by Russian flight controllers. The departure of this resupply vehicle cleared the Pirs port for the arrival of a new Progress cargo craft April 9 that will carry almost three tons of supplies for the six-man Expedition 39 crew. The ISS Progress 54 vehicle is scheduled to be deorbited on April 18 to burn up in the Earth's atmosphere.

Credit: NASA

Source: NASA - Multimedia

• Like 1

Progress Departs, New Cargo Ships Awaiting Launch

A Russian space freighter filled with trash departed the International Space Station on time Monday at 9:58 a.m. EDT. The ISS Progress 54 will orbit Earth 11 days for engineering tests before finally deorbiting over the Pacific Ocean for a fiery disposal.

A new space delivery awaits its launch from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan inside the ISS Progress 55 spacecraft. Liftoff is scheduled for 11:26 a.m. Wednesday with a docking to the station’s Pirs docking compartment just six- hours, or four orbits, later. The Russian resupply ship is delivering nearly 3 tons of food, fuel and supplies.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Technology so far away from the sci-fi that I love.

But, never-the-less, an amazing achievement!

• Like 1

I wonder if they have eaten their entire crop of space peas and lettuce yet?

How can ya have any puddin' if ya cant eat ya meat!

• Like 1

I would like to see the cargo manifest. What kind of stuff do they have delivered, other than scientific research apparatus? I looked on the NASA site it's pretty intresting but they only have info on launches, docking times etc. I found a manifest that was a cargo delivery from 2006. http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewsr.html?pid=22410

I'd like to know what's on this delivery. Anyone know?