Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astronomer&Mathematician theory on dimensions

Occult1

Here is an article that may interest some people on U-M.

''Carr, a professor of mathematics and astronomy at Queen Mary University of London, says our consciousness interacts with another dimension. Furthermore, the multi-dimensional universe he envisions has a hierarchical structure. We are at the lowest-level dimension.''

Source: http://www.theepocht...her-dimensions/

220px-Bernard-carr.jpg

(http://fr.wikipedia....ki/Bernard_Carr)

Edited by sam_comm

I hope so, as we're 3 dimensional.

• Like 2

I found it's an interesting theory, though it certainly need more elaboration. If we accept the possiblity that ''paranormal'' experiences such as OBE, NDE, Ghosts and Alien abductions for exemple have a reality to them, other than mere hallucinations, mesinterpretations and wishful thinking, than there is a place to theorize about human's consciousness. Giving up the purely materialistic view, could it actually interact with other dimensions? That could give solve problems arising from these phenomenon, as well as puzzle of interaction between mind and matter and the nature of time itself.

I hope so, as we're 3 dimensional.

I am not quite sure I understand your point.

In all cases, as Bernard Carr mentionned on his abstract:

I propose that the higher dimensional reality structure required to accommodate psychic experiences is intimately connected with the higher dimensional space invoked by modern physics. For if our physical sensors only provide us with a 3-dimensional aspect of a Universe which in reality has many more dimensions, and if physical objects occupy only a limited part of that higher dimensional space, what else can exist in this space? Since the only non-physical entities in the Universe of which we have any experience are mental ones, and since the existence of paranormal phenomena suggests that mental entities have to exist in some sort of space, it seems natural to relate this to Kaluza-Klein space. More precisely, I identify the Universal Structure with the higher dimensional "bulk" of Randall-Sundrum theory. This has profound consequences for physics, psychology, parapsychology and philosophy.

Source: http://www.tcm.phy.c...i/carr2003.html

Edited by sam_comm

I am not quite sure I understand your point.

''Carr, a professor of mathematics and astronomy at Queen Mary University of London, says our consciousness interacts with another dimension. Furthermore, the multi-dimensional universe he envisions has a hierarchical structure. We are at the lowest-level dimension.''

Of course we interact with another dimension, we interact with 3 of them.

• Like 3

The way the journalist puts it may be a bit confusing, especially taken apart from the rest of the article but clearly he meant another dimension, in the 11 dimensions model of the M-Theory in theoritical physics, other than the three with are interacting with daily.

If you read the sentence right after: ''Furthermore, the multi-dimensional universe he envisions has a hierarchical structure.''

Edited by sam_comm