Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lightning bolts from the blue – and the grey

Still Waters

A flash of lightning, its fierce tendrils joining for a split-second the heavens and the Earth, is one of the purest distillations of the awesome power of Mother Nature.

http://www.dailymail...-lightning.html

• Like 4

I love lightning shows, from a reasonable distance of course. :w00t:

• Like 2

A bolt from the blue is when lightning from seemlingly no where zaps you out of a clear blue sky. Lightning can travel along way. It happen to a poor guy working at a local golf course.

Having felt the power of lightning once, I recommend a discreet distance.

• Like 1

Having felt the power of lightning once, I recommend a discreet distance.

Yep had one come a little too close for comfort once - I now keep a very respectful distance from any circumstance that would encourage a bolt to head my way.

Sat in a middle of a humongous one once, ball lightning popping out of the light bulbs, electrified air, massive thunderclaps scaring the living daylights outa me, this while the storm broke over our house, and the missus wanted me to step outside to turn the power box off after the transformer 100 meters down the road had been zapped?

Been looking at her sideways ever since....

• Like 1

We experience a lot of it in the southeastern US but the most beautiful and impressive storm I have ever seen was on the interstate that goes past Portland, Oregon. It was frightening and awesome at the same time.

Beautiful examples tho.

• Like 2