Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FEDS move in on rancher - Remove Cattle

acidhead

April 9, 2014

NEVADA | In the state of Nevada, Cliven Bundy and his family are currently caught in a fight over land with the Federal government. This is over his long standing refusal to acknowledge a 1993 modification to grazing rights on the land.

Bundy claims the land has been in his family since the 1800s. On Saturday, hundreds of federal officials, helicopters, low flying aircraft and hired cowboys, began rounding up Bundy's cattle in northeastern Clark County.

***** Edited by acidhead

If I had the money to travel I'D BE THERE !!!!! This is outrageous and if it isn't challenged it will spread like any other cancer. The only thing that can stop these kinds of outrages is for mass demonstrations of peaceful citizens literally forming a shield. That will bring the media (some at least) and the cell phone cams will keep the guns from being used. There has to be a tipping point and I hope that this is IT! :angry:

• Like 4

Seems pretty clear that his cattle are trespassing on public land, they've given him 20 years to stop it, so I don't feel particular sympathy for him

• Like 5

Seems pretty clear that his cattle are trespassing on public land, they've given him 20 years to stop it, so I don't feel particular sympathy for him

He's doing something that has been going on for generations without any problem. If the Feds decide tomorrow that they want you to stop something that you have been doing to make a LIVING will you be so sanguine about it then?
  • Like 3

I lived in Nevada, for around 41 years. His cattle are grazing on public land.

They destroy it for the Deer, Antelope, etc. I have seen a little of this, but most kept their cattle where they needed to be.

If you want to be p***ed at the Feds, check into the Wild Horse round ups in Nevada. Not some guy doing something illegal.

The Horses could use the help, and the attention.

• Like 2

The Horses could use the help, and the attention.

I think it's safe to say you and I don't see eye to eye on most things. After reading on it, I don't see the problem with it.

He's doing something that has been going on for generations without any problem. If the Feds decide tomorrow that they want you to stop something that you have been doing to make a LIVING will you be so sanguine about it then?

What I'm doing to make a living doesn't involve my property wandering onto public property and consuming things.

• Like 1

I think it's safe to say you and I don't see eye to eye on most things. After reading on it, I don't see the problem with it.

I demand you agree with me !....Joke.

Without changing topic, it is where the Horses end up. ( dog food, Europe for human consumption, etc. ).......Not the round ups themselves.

I don't know about America, but here in Oz it's perfectly legal for the government to decide to "force purchase" your home and land all they have to do is pay the minimum of what the land and house are valued at.

Without changing topic, it is where the Horses end up. ( dog food, Europe for human consumption, etc. ).......Not the round ups themselves.

Seems like it'd be cheaper to start domesticating some of these wild horses to be used for meat production. Wonder why they bother with wild ones specifically

It seems like live practice for social disorder containment scenarios given the amount of tech used and the aggressive manner carried out.

Aren't these sort of cases usually mediated by court actions over there?

• Like 1

It was a federally mandated thing, so I imagine they decided to make an example out of this guy while also serving to get him off the public land.

What I'm doing to make a living doesn't involve my property wandering onto public property and consuming things.

If his animals were causing a problem why is it just now, after decades, that the Feds have decided to put a stop to it? I agree that if his animals are actually harming the land then he should obey but this is hardly the sole example of thug like tactics currently being employed by everyone from the AG down to the lowliest BLM official.
  • Like 2

I'm not sure what this has to do with Bundy's land when he himself said "I have raised cattle on that land, which is public land for the people of Clark County, all my life. Why I raise cattle there and why I can raise cattle there is because I have preemptive rights." He then goes on to question who is the trespasser on that land. This doesn't square with the RT claim that it's "been his family's land since the 1800s".

This may be a property rights issue on multiple levels, but it appears to be a matter of what our rights are on public land, not on our own. The best I could get from Santili on the video is, the land is owned by Nevada, managed by the federal govt, and used by Bundy to raise his own cattle.

• Like 2

Things are really heating up at the ranch. Setting a dog on a 57 year old woman and tazing one man three times...

• Like 1

If his animals were causing a problem why is it just now, after decades, that the Feds have decided to put a stop to it? I agree that if his animals are actually harming the land then he should obey but this is hardly the sole example of thug like tactics currently being employed by everyone from the AG down to the lowliest BLM official.

probably that he wasn't in control of the cattle

April 9, 2014

NEVADA | In the state of Nevada, Cliven Bundy and his family are currently caught in a fight over land with the Federal government. This is over his long standing refusal to acknowledge a 1993 modification to grazing rights on the land.

Bundy claims the land has been in his family since the 1800s. On Saturday, hundreds of federal officials, helicopters, low flying aircraft and hired cowboys, began rounding up Bundy's cattle in northeastern Clark County.

As George Washington observed, the government is like fire--a useful servant, but a fearsome master.

• Like 3

that is pretty much state gvmnt vs feds, their sheriff, wont do anything, and state guard turned his back. so they basically were told to stand down.

i wish i was as optimistic as guy in the video, but i doubt many will show up and stand against BLM. even if they do, i suspect state guards and sheriff will be against people, helping feds.

i also do not belive for a second it is about endangered animals on that land. no effing way. i'm pretty sure they are protecting someones interest, someone that paid and bribed someone.

another proof money get things done,

• Like 1

i also do not belive for a second it is about endangered animals on that land.

Not in the slightest.

THE BLM does a excellent job managing land in Nevada.

Including helping the populations of Deer, Elk, Antelope, Dessert Bighorn, Chukar ( and other fowl )....

They are a huge, and great impact on preserving the land from idiots on Quads, and 4x4's.

They also have helped keep the " rich " from buying up, building on, and taking great land for hunting, hiking, photography, etc. Without them, we would not have this.

How do I know?...I lived there, hunted there, explored there, most of my life.

Say they are bad all you want, ignorance is bliss.

you will now be thrown in fed prrison if you step on their land, and it has happend, they seem to be protecting that land FROM you, NOT FOR you.

also how is it "good" of blm to take this man cows and auction them off?

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

you will now be thrown in fed prrison if you step on their land, and it has happend, they seem to be protecting that land FROM you, NOT FOR you.

also how is it "good" of blm to take this man cows and auction them off?

He was not thrown in federal prison. This guy has been essentially breaking the law for 20 years. He has had ample time to correct the situation, and has lost numerous court cases. Without government owned land, our nation would be absolutely raped of it's wilderness.

• Like 3

100% false accusation. Read my reply above yours.

They temporarily have that particular land off limits while they do the round up. For their safety, and people trying to stop its safety.

After it is done, the land will be everyone,s, the public,s land, to use. With laws that help preserve it, and the nature there.

Any idea how many people hunt on BLM land in Nevada?....Answer : all of them.

• Like 1

He was not thrown in federal prison. This guy has been essentially breaking the law for 20 years. He has had ample time to correct the situation, and has lost numerous court cases. Without government owned land, our nation would be absolutely raped of it's wilderness.

he was not others were, watch video again. our nation is raped of its wildrenes as we speak logging companies seem to have no problem paying and getting permits to cut down trees, drug cartels grow weed in national parks in Ca destroying its ecosystem, and creating danger to visitors, where is BLM???? but they had to bring almost an army, and appache gunship for his cows, yea. tell me again they do it for the tortoise, that they actually euthanise cuz they can't manage them. (btw land in question is pretty much a desert) again watch entire video.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2