Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Survivorman and bigfoot

msmike1

Ok, I am sure a lot of you have heard of a guy named Les Stroud. He has a show called Survivorman which was one of the first, and in my opinion, the best survival shows on TV. I always had a lot of respect for Les because he had no camera crew, and filmed everything himself while surviving all over the planet. He didn't do any of the ignorant sensational things like drinking his own pee and always preached logic. Well I caught a new show out with Les called Survivorman Bigfoot or something to that effect. I was kind of excited because I figured it would be done in a very logical, or as logical as one could get, type of way. That is until I saw that Todd Standing was his guest. I am going to make myself believe that Les didn't know about Standing's history because I really like Stroud. Anybody else catch the show?

Mike

• Like 3

According to his website, it was just a two-part thing for the Science Channel and it came about because of what Les believes to be his first possible big foot encounter. There's no indication of why Les teamed up specifically with Todd Standing, but my guess would be he was chosen by the network.

Oh darn, I meant to look for it, and missed it.

Yeah, teaming up with Standing puts me off quite a bit.

Was there anything interesting about the show, or will it just be another FINDING BIGFOOT joke?

It's all entertainment, even for Les, the $$ are important.

• Like 1

Well, it did happen, and aired last night. ( I may be a day late on this ) " Survivorman:Bigfoot ".

I liked survivorman, so I watched. It made me sick, and will never watch again. Why?

I lost all respect for Les. His " expert " he had with him?...Todd Standing. Yes, the known hoaxer and fraud. Here is a pick he took and brief article on Todd.Look him up, and read about " Sylvanic ".

todd-bigfoot_big.jpg

Above is a pic Todd himself took of Bigfoot ( there are more ) in " Sylvanic "......

Even the " Bigfoot Community, including BFRO consider him a liar and fraud "......That is pretty bad.

And yet, Les uses him as the " expert " in this field. Did he not do any research?

If Les had gone out on his own, like he does in his shows, and actually did scientific research, I would have loved it. But no, he did the " whooping " bull****, claimed fallen trees as possible proof, ignored everything he knows about wildlife.

He has fallen sick, he now has the disease, he is now addicted......It is sad.

More will be airing on this, unfortunatley.

• Like 4

He has fallen sick, he now has the disease, he is now addicted......It is sad.

Maybe he stands to make a truck load of money off this stuff? Honestly, for enough money I could probably be persuaded to go forth and hunt Bigfeet too!

• Like 7

Maybe he stands to make a truck load of money off this stuff? Honestly, for enough money I could probably be persuaded to go forth and hunt Bigfeet too!

That is what I mean in a way. He is on the " bandwagon ". He is making money off of it, and has seen other shows do the same. I am just bummed he went this route, with the " whooping " and such. He was not like that before. And having Todd with him shows a lack of research. Either that, or he knows most people will take his word that " Todd Standing, one of the best experts on Bigfoot ", and not many will even know about his past.

I would take money to research Bigfoot also, but I would not go this route, not at all.

I have morals, and am not greedy.

I think Les probably sighned on for the show not knowing that the science channel had also signed Todd up. After that its to late to pull out and probably would have been sued. I let him off the hook on this one.

• Like 2

I think Les probably sighned on for the show not knowing that the science channel had also signed Todd up. After that its to late to pull out and probably would have been sued. I let him off the hook on this one.

So, you are saying Les had no idea what his contract would be, or who with?......At the least, who with?

Saying, he may know Todd is a fraud, but since he signed the contract ( not knowing who he would be spending time alone with in the wilderness ) that he was obligated to work with him, even if he new?

If that is what you mean, I can not buy that. Anyone doing this type of show would want to know who they would be working with.Especially being together alone for that time.

I missed the first 30 minutes.....I guess this was aired on the survivorman show......Wow Les, you blew it.

( more of Todd Standings footage )

To be fair, I did not see or can verify this : " On the show, Les didn't sound all too convince the footage is the real deal. "

I do know Les spent, and listened to advice from Todd the entire time.

More here..... http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2014/03/watch-todd-standing-bigfoot-video-as.html

So, you are saying Les had no idea what his contract would be, or who with?......At the least, who with?

Saying, he may know Todd is a fraud, but since he signed the contract ( not knowing who he would be spending time alone with in the wilderness ) that he was obligated to work with him, even if he new?

If that is what you mean, I can not buy that. Anyone doing this type of show would want to know who they would be working with.Especially being together alone for that time.

Ya from the looks of it Les knew who this Todd guy was but gave him the benefit of the doubt.

http://bigfooteviden...roud-about.html

Damn it Les, why...... lol

Edited by The Silver Thong
  • Like 1

Ya from the looks of it Les knew who this Todd guy was but gave him the benefit of the doubt.

http://bigfooteviden...roud-about.html

Damn it Les, why...... lol

I know, it sucks......I really liked that guy. " liked ".

You guys all ready have to deal with Justin Beiber being Canadian, now Les has to add more material. ( just joking, love Canada )

I know, it sucks......I really liked that guy. " liked ".

You guys all ready have to deal with Justin Beiber being Canadian, now Les has to add more material. ( just joking, love Canada )

LOL well at least Les can say he is the best at surviving but not the best when it comes to BF. Stick with what you know Les. I will always be a fan though.

Really really sorry about Justin Beiber. We will be hanging our heads for sometime because of him.

Edited by The Silver Thong
  • Like 1

LOL well at least Les can say he is the best at surviving but not the best when it comes to BF. Stick with what you know Les. I will always be a fan though.

Really really sorry about Justin Beiber. We will be hanging our heads for sometime because of him.

:tu:

I think we have a lot more to be hanging our heads about when it comes to celebrities, among other things.

That BF pic is enough to make a grown BFlover man cry.

what a croc o' deyely

$$, "can't by me love"

• Like 2

Not everyone within the Bigfoot community consider Standing to be liar and a fraud. Dr Jeff Meldrum on his association with Todd Standing:

I think I have explained myself already. Todd invited me up to the field to have a look at what he is doing. I decided to give him a chance and went. I was impressed by what he had to show me. I am agnostic on some points, but have experienced some things that compell me to want to investigate further. He has the means to get at this in a significant way and his motives seem quite genuine. I am looking forward to working with him and Les.

http://cryptomundo.c...ng-involvement/

todd-bigfoot_big.jpg

Is Meldrum "impressed" by or "agnostic" (ie "without knowledge") of pics such this?

Edited by Night Walker

I would have to agree that Standing is a horribly bad choice to pair with Les on a Survivorman special. Standing has faced all kinds of questions in the past and he almost always has responded by not responding. He keeps showing up with pics and stories that quickly turn out to be compete lies.

Les new that Standing was going to be on the show. Les Stroud is not your typical tv personality. He is normally heavily involved in the production/editing of all of his shows. He is the film maker. Now, even though Standing was on the show, it still could have been saved if Les would have been a little bit more skeptical about the bullsh, oh I mean evidence, that Standing was offering. A freaking broken tree is not evidence of anything other than maybe wind. Les just seems to look at everything Todd is saying and not offering much in the way of argument. I don't know, I am going to watch part 2 and go from there.

Mike

• Like 1

It sucks when someone you respect sells out. I'm looking you, S. Colbert.

• Like 2

I don't think it's 'selling out' at all. He's had some interesting encounters in the past, and got alot of feedback on that. He's just exploring the idea that a huge hominid exists out there.

If he starts spouting that Standing's crap is real, and wants to tour with a foam rubber body, then he's sold out.

It sucks when someone you respect sells out. I'm looking you, S. Colbert.

Why would you respect someone you have never met? Especially when they are in the entertainment business.

• Like 1

Why would you respect someone you have never met? Especially when they are in the entertainment business.

I respected the way he taught survival, and handled his show. Did not have to meet him to respect how he handled these things. That is my gripe, he sold out, and he did a 180 on how he preached.....

I do not respect him at all now.

Actually trying to write him, and ask why Todd Standing, and did he not do any research?

• Like 1

Thanks for posting that picture of "Bigfoot", Sakari. I laughed so hard that my cats ran and hid! :D I'm crying over here!

Edited by phantasia
  • Like 1

Not everyone within the Bigfoot community consider Standing to be liar and a fraud. Dr Jeff Meldrum on his association with Todd Standing:

I think I have explained myself already. Todd invited me up to the field to have a look at what he is doing. I decided to give him a chance and went. I was impressed by what he had to show me. I am agnostic on some points, but have experienced some things that compell me to want to investigate further. He has the means to get at this in a significant way and his motives seem quite genuine. I am looking forward to working with him and Les.

http://cryptomundo.c...ng-involvement/

Is Meldrum "impressed" by or "agnostic" (ie "without knowledge") of pics such this?

Meldrum saying that he is agnostic on some points does not imply he is without knowledge on them, as that is not even really the meaning of agnostic. Agnostic can mean 'a person who does not believe or is unsure of something' or 'a person who is unwilling to commit to an opinion about something', which seems more likely the context that Meldrum is using the word, and would be completely an appropriate and understandable position to have.

So are you saying that Meldrum "does not believe or is unsure of" Standings dubious evidence and is "unwilling to commit to an opinion about" it?

Sure the term "agnostic" may be considered appropriate in these circumstances but it may also be considered a cop-out particularly from someone in a position to shed some light on the subject...