Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lois Lerner in Contempt of Congress

OverSword

If you'll recall she was the IRS official that gave statements and then pleaded the 5th ammendment right to remain silent.

From the article:

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee officially voted Wednesday to hold former Internal Revenue Service (IRS) official Lois Lerner in contempt of Congress. The 21 to 12 vote broke down along party lines, with Republicans voting yes and Democrats voting no.

The vote comes after the committee's chairman, Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., has been repeatedly stymied in his effort to get Lerner to testify before the committee over the IRS'

It is the view of committee Republicans, however, that Lerner waived that right during her first appearance in May 2013 when she made a brief statement insisting she had "done nothing wrong" before invoking the Fifth and refusing to answer any more questions.

"The American taxpayers certainly don't get to plead the Fifth and escape all accountability when the IRS audits them," Issa said as he gathered the committee Thursday morning to vote on contempt.

Issa said he might have been willing to consider an offer of immunity if Lerner explained why she needed it to tell the full truth, but that she does not need immunity if she has truly done nothing wrong.

Read it here

LoisLerner.jpg

• Like 1

Making an example out of her to quell the restless herds of sheep.

flockofsheep_zpsf1a6a84d.gif

It's good to see the law upheld, but this is just the tip of the iceberg. There are a LOT of things that need to be investigated and punished.

Prob not going to see much of it, but one every now and then will come out...this is election season after all...these guys want to fool the sheep into thinking they are actually doing something in DC besides lining their own pockets and making laws and rules to their own personal benefit...

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 1

I wouldn't testify before the Grand Inquisitor either

That was her mistake. You can't give testimony and then ignore the questions you're not comfortable with. If you don't intend to testify then you should only plead the 5th.
  • Like 2

Tell me something ND, is there anything that a Democrat could do that you wouldn't defend? Seriously, anything at all?

• Like 6

If the Republicans retake control of the Senate and DON'T investigate all these things they've been screaming about - fully and FAIRLY - then a pox on THEIR house as well! The committees in the new Congress should subpoena everyone involved from Holder to high heaven and if they don't come or don't talk after being offered immunity then they should be put in jail until they do. And if enough evidence is there that all this was a power play from the Oval Office then Barry should be charged, tried and booted from office. I think the republican party is too cowardly and self interested to do the right thing IF it might cost them the next election and if they cower on this then they should lose that election anyway.

So who doesn't have contempt of Congress these days?

• Like 1

Tell me something ND, is there anything that a Democrat could do that you wouldn't defend? Seriously, anything at all?

Of course there is, but I'm not going to give you aid and comfort.

• Like 1

Of course there is, but I'm not going to give you aid and comfort.

So you are a "My party, right or wrong" kind of guy. Is the "aid and comfort" remark an indication that you believe we are at war? I assure you that I am not at war with you. :tu:

• Like 1

So you are a "My party, right or wrong" kind of guy.

not at all. Things done wrong in the Democratic party are still wrong. I'm just not going to be hysterical about it. Ok?

the "aid and comfort" remark an indication that you believe we are at war?

an ideological one. at times.

Edited by ninjadude

Eric Holder claims the only reason he is being investigated is because of racism......

Maybe next time around we can not vote in morons :tu:

edit: yes i know we didnt vote for him, but we voted for the morons who put him in power

And i also know this is not exactly what the thread is about, seemed sorta relevant though

Edited by spartan max2

Eric Holder claims the only reason he is being investigated is because of racism......

Maybe next time around we can not vote in morons :tu:

edit: yes i know we didnt vote for him, but we voted for the morons who put him in power

And i also know this is not exactly what the thread is about, seemed sorta relevant though

If the republicans ever win the reins of power again it will mean the death of many dems and especially the media in this country. They will STROKE OUT when the repubs start doing what they have been doing. What goes around comes back again...

I don't see (speaking as a non-American) where there is much difference between the two parties in the States. The Democrats have it about right on social issues but are economic morons and the Republicans have it about right on economic issues but are religious and social morons.

The system seems to lead to a perpetual stalemate and lots of acrimony.

I don't see (speaking as a non-American) where there is much difference between the two parties in the States. The Democrats have it about right on social issues but are economic morons and the Republicans have it about right on economic issues but are religious and social morons.

The system seems to lead to a perpetual stalemate and lots of acrimony.

That's by design, most are too entrenched in the false dialogues to recognize that.