Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I need a show like the original Twilight zone

Roy Don

There're three versions of The Twilight Zone, two versions of The Outer limits and two versions of Alfred Hitchcock Presents.

Others:

Kolchak: The Night Stalker (2 versions)

DarkRoom

Ray Bradbury Theater

Psi Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal

Freaky Links

Night Visions

Edited by Oniomancer
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Ran across a few more obscure ones I've never heard of before:

Tales of Tomorrow (scifi)

Out There (scifi)

13 Demon Street (Introduced by Lon Chaney jr. but apparently hard to find with the intros intact.)

Edited by Oniomancer

• 3 weeks later...

"A Twist In The Tale" (Will Shatner) - from the nineties,

"Quatermass" - several mini series that were made into films (most series from the 50's and 60's). Actually "The Stone Tapes" featured as an episode in one of the series (fairly sure it was in the 70's).

"Doomwatch" (early 70's)

"Out of the Unknown" (late 60's early 70's)

"Journey to the Unknown" (1968)

All British made series - most available but certain episodes "wiped" by the BBC from some series.

Edited by keithisco

I just had to comment to express my love for The Twilight Zone. :tu:

My favorite aspect of New Year's is the SyFy marathon!

I used to love this series...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/15/2014 at 2:08 PM, Mantis914 said:

I'm fairly sure, you mean the one with Roddy McDowell? I remember the butler was named Portafoy which is a name that sticks with you. The only other thing I remember was that at the end the year was 1969 but I think most Night Gallery was 1970-1972 so I maybe mistaken. I don't recall the name of the episode though and that would help a lot.

I seen that one-yeah-it was 1969-I lived at in Catholic orphanage-in upstate NY. Sister Nina knew I liked scary movies,so when all the kids were in bed,she made popcorn and we watched it in her room!

Scared the heck outta me-! Joan Crawford was in one of the other tales in it-which was the pilot episode. I was only 7 years old!

Perhaps ONE STEP BEYOND? Unlike the TWILIGHT ZONE-these stories are supposed to be based on 'true" events! Mostly ghost stories. I picked up the whole serie fairly cheap on DVD at a dollar store. They used to rerun it alot on uhf channels in the early 70's.

Edited by RCMerchant
adding

They should do a last huooorah for TV, NOT cable, notHBoNotshowtime, you know crap free air channels FIND young trim (from Penticton or Toronto) Rod Serling doppelganger and cut his hair 40's / 50's short, it can be done for pennies out of Canada JUST SPRING IN ON THE PUBLIC, it would be a boost to the free channel systems all over the world. AND, AND !!!!! everyone would appreciate or at least know Serling 2.0 and Twilight Zone again no matter what background, age creed etc.

Edited by MWoo7
NOT Sirling, but Serling, corrected typo

How about The Scary Door?

(Careful, readers, it's 5 1/2 minutes long.

• 2 months later...

there was a series called Way Out hosted by Raold Dahl in the early 60's - I think it ran for only 1 year - there are episodes on You Tube, check it out - start with the episode called Side Show, its my favorite

BEST - Ron

• 2 weeks later...
  • One Step Beyond
  • HammerHouse of horror
  • Tales from the Darkside
  • Night Gallery
  • Kolchak

Those were a few of my favorites. Have many of them on DVD.

• Like 2

Kolchek     Night stalker is currently on Netflix. It's not bad .

• Like 2

There was an old show somewhat similar called One Step Beyond I haven't seen it in years and don't know if it's available. 

I liked the original Outer Limits but it was more science fiction, which of course some of the Twilight Zone was as well. I have them on disc, don't know if they are on Netflix. 

I always enjoyed In search of with Leonard Nimoy, he has a good voice for hosting even though the stories are out dated. Historians and Archeologists have surfaced a lot of new answers since then.

12 hours ago, Sundew said:

There was an old show somewhat similar called One Step Beyond I haven't seen it in years and don't know if it's available. 

I liked the original Outer Limits but it was more science fiction, which of course some of the Twilight Zone was as well. I have them on disc, don't know if they are on Netflix. 

From behind the Veil: Tales of the Unexplained hosted by Borris Koloff or however you spell it. I have the complete edition along with One Step Beyond and quite a few others.

Edited by NightScreams
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 2014-4-12 at 9:53 AM, Roy Don said:

I am a huge fan of the original "Twilight Zone" series. Can anyone recommend a similar show that is available on Netflix maybe? I already seen all the X-files, The outer limits, masters of horror, Tales from the crypt, and Tales from the Darkside etc. I want something that has that mysterious cold war feel that the original series had. Any suggestions?

Fringe all 5 seasons. 

Started watching Stranger Things. I like the 80's setting, seems interesting but the whole lab experiment thing reminds me of a ton of shows like the Secret Life of Alex Mac among many others so it's not the most original story but still interesting enough that hopefully I'll get around to watching another episode.

• 2 months later...

Hello there....

Not quite as old as most of them but how about 'Poltergeist The Legacy' tv series, not a bad little show that one, just a thought.

Anyone remember this

crooked house BBC mini series (2008)

Consisted of 3 episodes an anthology series

Crooked House.jpg

On 27/11/2016 at 0:53 AM, curiouse said:

Kolchek     Night stalker is currently on Netflix. It's not bad .

Kolchack - The Night Stalker TV series and 2 Movies!